Your Concert Experiences

Best concert probably Ozzfest 98.   SOAD was on the side stage, I had no idea who they were but they were killing it.  Sevendust was there, then Tool opened for Ozzy.    People were passing pinners while you waited in line to get in, it was an all day concert.  Good times.

Worst concert Earth Day Birthday 2008.   Even with the girls finally putting pasties on and painting themselves instead of wearing shirts I don't remember enjoying any of the bands.    Spent the whole day on a blanket waiting to go home.   

Bucket list would be a Jimmy buffet concert on the water in the Keys.   Everyone floating in boats and drinking and having a good time.   

In 2000 I could have gone to see U2 and I think it was the Lemon tour, my cousin went to Tampa and saw it, said it was fantastic.    

Oh and props to the Tans-Siberian orchestra we went 4 years ago in December and had a good time there.    Definitely something to do at least once. 

1) Best was the Stones at Rich stadium about 1975. Amazing, eye opening experience. (There were menus of “merchandise”  available hanging on bedsheets around the stadium!) Great music and atmosphere for a high school kid.  

2) Worst was the Stones in Tampa about 25+ years later. What a disappointment... (Honorable mention was The Who in Cincinnati, but only because all those people died, not the band)

3) Bucket list would be Van Morrison

4) This would have to be the Beatles. 

Just heard today is Joe Walsh’s B-day. 

2 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

1) Believe it or not, Weird Al Yankovic. Dude puts on one hell of a show, with costume changes, and videos, and crowd interaction. Of course playing everything from rock, rap, pop, country, and even a polka song or two. 

2) The Charlie Daniels Band. I love the CDB, but I was pretty disappointed. Half the concert were "solo" songs from the band members with Charlie not even on the stage, and a five minute drum solo. Also, played a lot of newer stuff.

EDIT: Scratch that. My fiance's cousin got two free tickets to Panic! At The Disco/Weezer. Panic was unbearable. Not my music, and you couldn't hear anything over the screaming teenage girls. Lead singer made a bunch of pandering political/social comments, and dropped a lot of F-bombs. I'm not offended by the F bombs, but it had they "Hey kids, look how cool I am because I can say this word into a microphone." vibe. Thankfully, most of the little kids left after them, and Weezer put on a really good show.  

3) The Rolling Stones

4) If I had to name one, it would probably be Queen obviously with Freddie. Adam Lambert isn't bad. Dude's got some chops for sure, and I'd like to see them someday. But the stage presence that Freddie had, and the way he could just put on a show was amazing. 

Wish granted: Rolling Stones  4/28/19 Houston tx. tickets on sale 11/3018

Edited by Best Player Available

1 hour ago, May Day 10 said:

Four Questions.

1) Best Concert You've Ever Seen

Pearl Jam - 10/30/2009 in The Spectrum in Philly

2) Worst Concert You've Ever Seen

Motley Crue and Kiss - 9/15/2012 Darien Lake (just embarrassing tbh.  Gene Simmons said "how ya doin Darien Lake!!!!" and everyone just kind of looked at each other)

3) Bucket List Concert

Rage Against the Machine if they do another 1-off.  If not, then probably Green Day would be one I mean to hit next time

4) Concert you wish you could see, but can't due to death/bandbreakup etc.

Layne Staley / Alice In Chains / Mad Season

Had a Rage Against the Machine live in Brazil DVD when I was a teenager.  Holy cow, would love to see that band live. 

1) Best Concert You've Ever Seen

Tough one but I'd have to say this one.  Gov't  Mule Muleoween with Robby Krieger.  Was just to the left of whoever shot this

Bryan Adams, Sammy Hagar,  Aerosmith, Journey at some baseball stadium in Miami 1982.  The venue sucked.  Wife (GF at the time) and I were broke so we just had enough money for a couple of cokes.  It was crazy hot and I thought we were going to die from the heat.  Aerosmith sucked donkey balls. 

3) Bucket List Concert

The one where Kris Myers from Umphrey's McGee passes out and they ask "is there a drummer in the house?" and I finish the show on the drums. 

The original Allman Brothers with Duane and Barry. 

1 hour ago, Best Player Available said:

Wish granted: Rolling Stones  4/28/19 Houston tx. tickets on sale 11/3018

Just hope they're within my price range, and I can get tickets  before they sold out.

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Bryan Adams, Sammy Hagar,  Aerosmith, Journey at some baseball stadium in Miami 1982.  The venue sucked.  Wife (GF at the time) and I were broke so we just had enough money for a couple of cokes.  It was crazy hot and I thought we were going to die from the heat.  Aerosmith sucked donkey balls. 

3) Bucket List Concert

The one where Kris Myers from Umphrey's McGee passes out and they ask "is there a drummer in the house?" and I finish the show on the drums. 

The original Allman Brothers with Duane and Barry. 

Went to an outdoor all day concert with Willie Nelson this year. They were giving away water. The venue has an exclusive bar/restaurant that was probably overpriced. But it was like 100° outside, so they had an area sectioned off where anybody could come in to cool off for a few minutes.

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

3) Bucket List Concert

Now WHO would do such a stupid thing like that?

Saw Futhur at the Mann in Philly....was pissed because the city shut down shakedown, kind of ruined the vibe

JT was one of my first shows, Manley Field House at Syracuse University, still ranks as one of my all time faves

Joe Jackson played SUNY Fredonia when I was there, he was kind of a prick on stage, but no questioning his amazing talent

Wish I'd seen the Dead earlier, but '88 wasn't the worst time to get on the bus :-)

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

1) Furthur - Jones Beach

2) James Taylor, also at Jones Beach.....he was flat out terrible and could not have been more boring.

3) Joe Jackson

4) Grateful Dead

• Like (+1) 1

We snuck into James Taylor in Niagra Falls when I was in high school. I remember wondering “who are all these old people and why are they attending a concert?”  Those “old people” were probably about the age of my kids.....

1 hour ago, The Poojer said:

Saw Futhur at the Mann in Philly....was pissed because the city shut down shakedown, kind of ruined the vibe

JT was one of my first shows, Manley Field House at Syracuse University, still ranks as one of my all time faves

Joe Jackson played SUNY Fredonia when I was there, he was kind of a prick on stage, but no questioning his amazing talent

Wish I'd seen the Dead earlier, but '88 wasn't the worst time to get on the bus :-)

I think that they peaked in 1989 at the shows in Buffalo, Wisconsin, and Philly. Jmo.

1 hour ago, The Poojer said:

Pooj, not the greatest video but check out John Kadlecik on lead.

Love John K, I know the appeal of having John Mayer fill in on guitar seems better on paper, but always wish they brought him in on Dead & Co.  I  just saw that John K, Oteil and Melvin Seals are going to do a holiday jam.  And Philly 89, might be my single favorite Dead moment with Blow Away.  Brent was absolutely on fire that day

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

I think that they peaked in 1989 at the shows in Buffalo, Wisconsin, and Philly. Jmo.

Pooj, not the greatest video but check out John Kadlecik on lead.

Edited by The Poojer
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

Love John K, I know the appeal of having John Mayer fill in on guitar seems better on paper, but always wish they brought him in on Dead & Co.  I  just saw that John K, Oteil and Melvin Seals are going to do a holiday jam.  And Philly 89, might be my single favorite Dead moment with Blow Away.  Brent was absolutely on fire that day

Brent had a crazy solo in "Aiko Aiko"  and his ending was noteworthy.

2 hours ago, Augie said:

We snuck into James Taylor in Niagra Falls when I was in high school. I remember wondering “who are all these old people and why are they attending a concert?”  Those “old people” were probably about the age of my kids.....

I heard there is a t-shirt that says "I may be old but I saw all the best bands."

I must be old because I hit on a couple #4s - Led Zeppelin and The Grateful Dead.

2 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

I heard there is a t-shirt that says "I may be old but I saw all the best bands."

I must be old because I hit on a couple #4s - Led Zeppelin and The Grateful Dead.

My sister saw the Beatles and the Stones about a week apart back in the early 60’s. I remember her running up and down the road with a friend SCREAMING, practicing to see the Beatles. She said you couldn’t hear a thing at the concert. 

Her husband was at Woodstock, I think he won.  ?

• Like (+1) 3

Your Questions.

1) Best Concert You've Ever Seen -
Barry Manilow (I love me some Barry Manilow ? )

2) Worst Concert You've Ever Seen -
 Some chick caterwauling - in between spewing SJW political crap - that my husband dragged me to last year. (I just asked hubby, it was Natalie Merchant)

3) Bucket List Concert -
None. I pretty much hate concerts.

4) Concert you wish you could see, but can't due to death/bandbreakup etc
Elvis (without the lunatics screaming and crying over him)

Edited by Buffalo_Gal

Best: Very Large Venue: Greatful Dead, UMass stadium, 1979

Best: Large Venue: Boston, Hartford Civic Center, 1978ish

Best: Small Venue: Talking Heads, Hampton Beach, NH, 1976ish

Worst: Jefferson Starship, SPAC, 1983ish.  Not bad, just kind of meh.

Bucket List: not sure, not much of a concert guy these days. 

Wish: original Who

46 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Your Questions.

1) Best Concert You've Ever Seen -
Barry Manilow (I love me some Barry Manilow ? )

2) Worst Concert You've Ever Seen -
 Some chick caterwauling - in between spewing SJW political crap - that my husband dragged me to last year. (I just asked hubby, it was Natalie Merchant)

3) Bucket List Concert -
None. I pretty much hate concerts.

4) Concert you wish you could see, but can't due to death/bandbreakup etc
Elvis (without the lunatics screaming and crying over him)

Fascinating list. Was gonna make a joke comparing Manilow to a caterwauling chick but caterwauling is probably unfair to him. :)