Marcell Dareus Returns this Week - Inactive with a Back Injury

26CornerBlitz

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Nah......they were 5-2 with him and 7-13 since..........cancer was a misdiagnosis...........he's more like a large, well-liked benign tumor on the bicep of that defense that made the entire group play better.

I'm guessing the next stage of this debate though will be when the Bills pass on re-signing Jordan Phillips because of the bloated Star contract.

DT is a sneaky need position if Phillips isn't re-signed.     Even if KW returns.    

I am counting on Phillips being resigned so I don’t consider it a need

i am hoping Wallace develops so the only need is pass rusher and everything else is offense

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I am counting on Phillips being resigned so I don’t consider it a need

i am hoping Wallace develops so the only need is pass rusher and everything else is offense

If there is one position McD seems to know in the draft it’s CB. Look at Tre and Taron Johnson. Its also one of the most expensive ones in FA. I would be ok if he took another but if Wallace can be a starter that’s obviously ideal. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yes.... that was clearly the Dareus effect!

LOL

Well not all of it........I mean........in conjunction with the Kelvin Benjamin effect!(stay classy Chad Michael Murray):rolleyes:

Point.....sometimes the attempted "cure" is worse than the "cancer".

The quality of life after 2017 trade deadline was a sh*tstorm of epic defensive incompetence and it took incredible good fortune to back into a beatdown in the playoffs at the hands of Dareus' Jags.

And when you factor in the dead money from McBeane murdering Dareus' contract...........the Bills are now paying about $14M per year to fill that position with the utterly one dimensional Star Lotulelei over the next 5 seasons.

Dareus is the stronger player and actually gets off blocks and makes plays............like 28 tackles compared to Star's 8 tackles.      

56 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If there is one position McD seems to know in the draft it’s CB. Look at Tre and Taron Johnson. Its also one of the most expensive ones in FA. I would be ok if he took another but if Wallace can be a starter that’s obviously ideal. 

I like Wallace rangy frame...........as the NFL transitions into basketball on turf the natural evolution of defense may be similar to that on the court...........a greater emphasis on longer limbed defenders to try to cover that little bit more ground.

Edmunds and Murphy are both freakishly long athletes that McBeane added.............I could see them in play for a guy like Raekwon Davis in the draft and maybe even a surprise bidder on Margus Hunt this offseason.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Housing has gone up also- but overall cost of living is still cheaper than 1/2 of the league. Im with you- lets just hope all the stars align.

Cost of living is a negligible expense.  The taxes, especially with the elimination of state/local/property tax deduction, are brutal and dwarf whatever rent these guys would be paying to live in any city.

23 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Well not all of it........I mean........in conjunction with the Kelvin Benjamin effect!(stay classy Chad Michael Murray):rolleyes:

Point.....sometimes the attempted "cure" is worse than the "cancer".

The quality of life after 2017 trade deadline was a sh*tstorm of epic defensive incompetence and it took incredible good fortune to back into a beatdown in the playoffs at the hands of Dareus' Jags.

And when you factor in the dead money from McBeane murdering Dareus' contract...........the Bills are now paying about $14M per year to fill that position with the utterly one dimensional Star Lotulelei over the next 5 seasons.

Dareus is the stronger player and actually gets off blocks and makes plays............like 28 tackles compared to Star's 8 tackles.      

I like Wallace rangy frame...........as the NFL transitions into basketball on turf the natural evolution of defense may be similar to that on the court...........a greater emphasis on longer limbed defenders to try to cover that little bit more ground.

Edmunds and Murphy are both freakishly long athletes that McBeane added.............I could see them in play for a guy like Raekwon Davis in the draft and maybe even a surprise bidder on Margus Hunt this offseason.

Dareus's Jags....lol.

Edited by Mr. WEO

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Cost of living is a negligible expense.  The taxes, especially with the elimination of state/local/property tax deduction, are brutal and dwarf whatever rent these guys would be paying to live in any city.

Dareus's Jags....lol.

Chicago, San fran, LA, NYC, Boston, Washington, Baltimore, Seattle,Atlanta, Dallas, Miami, Houston, Oakland (las vegas), and Phoenix- just off the top of my head are expensive to live. 

Does he even play?? Never hear his name called and don't see him much on the field.

16 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Trading Dareus for a 5th for the biggest mistake this regime has made. For his dead cap & Stars contract, we should have just kept the more talent Dareus

hated getting a fith but not sad to see him go. Lazy don't last around here.

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Does he even play?? Never hear his name called and don't see him much on the field.

hated getting a fith but not sad to see him go. Lazy don't last around here.

A 5th was a steal with that contract. It’s now our starting LG Wyatt Teller.

12 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The last time the Bills were in the AFC Championship game was the 1993 season......but.....ya' know......lol.:thumbsup:

Not sure what that has to do with Darues and this discussion.

He was a backup/situational player in Jax last year.  He's a non-entity this year on a team circling the drain...ya know.

12 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Not sure what that has to do with Darues and this discussion.

He was a backup/situational player in Jax last year.  He's a non-entity this year on a team circling the drain...ya know.

You REALLY aren't sure what my reference to the Bills not making the AFC championship game since 1993 has to do with Dareus?

Ok let me help you out..........the Jaguars made it to the AFC championship game last season (and had the Pats on the ropes late in the game).

When he joined the Jags last year their run defense was atrocious and instantly became excellent..........he was really good.........he had actually been playing very well for the Bills too.........and he was excellent in the playoffs as well......huge sack/forced fumble on Big Ben late in the game.

I'm guessing this is just you really not following the rest of the NFL all that closely but being unable to curb your instinct to respond.

Like when you mocked the idea that Jason Peters was going to be a HOF'er..........then fled the scene when you realized that basically everyone KNOWS he will be.