Marcell Dareus Returns this Week - Inactive with a Back Injury

26CornerBlitz

3 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

People here are still crying about a $100m player who is on the sidelines for 40% of his team's snaps?  Hilarious.

I haven't checked but I'd be surprised if Dareus plays 60% of his teams snaps.

He's a lot better pass rusher than Star(I think the $10M Star only saw a dozen snaps in one game this season)  but run stuffers aren't in all that much demand right now.

Bills had to bite the bullet on Star AND eat Dareus dead money because they found out their run defense was incredibly bad without Dareus.    

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

He's a lot better pass rusher than Star(I think the $10M Star only saw a dozen snaps in one game this season)  but run stuffers aren't in all that much demand right now.

Bills had to bite the bullet on Star AND eat Dareus dead money because they found out their run defense was incredibly bad without Dareus.    

Yep.  And they are better off for it.  Dareus was a human cancer.  I doubt his Instagram was ever hacked, honestly. He probably was just faded on spice.

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yes, they took a double hit this year but they were rebuilding anyway and in 2019 Dareus is off the books (or so I've read).

16 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Yep.  And they are better off for it.  Dareus was a human cancer.  I doubt his Instagram was ever hacked, honestly. He probably was just faded on spice.

Nah......they were 5-2 with him and 7-13 since..........cancer was a misdiagnosis...........he's more like a large, well-liked benign tumor on the bicep of that defense that made the entire group play better.

I'm guessing the next stage of this debate though will be when the Bills pass on re-signing Jordan Phillips because of the bloated Star contract.

DT is a sneaky need position if Phillips isn't re-signed.     Even if KW returns.    

Edited by BADOLBILZ

54 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I started a draft Donald thread leading up to that draft(and I rarely start threads).

There was virtually zero interest in drafting Donald here on TSW.

I took him in my one and only Fanspeak mock that year :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Trading Dareus for a 5th for the biggest mistake this regime has made. For his dead cap & Stars contract, we should have just kept the more talent Dareus

Disagree- he wasnt playing up to his contract and it was handcuffing this new regime. 91 mil and 10 draft picks next year will make us all forget the collosal mistake Whaley made by overpaying him. 

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Nah......they were 5-2 with him and 7-13 since..........cancer was a misdiagnosis...........he's more like a large, well-liked benign tumor on the bicep of that defense that made the entire group play better.

I'm guessing the next stage of this debate though will be when the Bills pass on re-signing Jordan Phillips because of the bloated Star contract.

DT is a sneaky need position if Phillips isn't re-signed.     Even if KW returns.    

They should absolutely pay Phillips. Probably gonna take something in the 6-7 mil a year range. I don't know what to make of Harrison Phillips. He hasn't played particularly well. He seems to get a lot of love because he was billed as the next "KW." J Phillips has the talent to make big plays. He hasn't made a ton, but the ability is there. Space eaters are less and less relevant in today's NFL.

If they don't re-sign him, I'm sure many posters will extol the virtue of Beane's shrewdness.

17 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Disagree- he wasnt playing up to his contract and it was handcuffing this new regime. 91 mil and 10 draft picks next year will make us all forget the collosal mistake Whaley made by overpaying him. 

You don't think we are going to have to overpay for players to come to play for one of the worse offenses of all time

3 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

'Marcell Dareus Returns this Week'

Is he driving?  Keep the women and the kids and the Chevys off the streets!  

Anyone else find find it odd that he got in trouble for drag racing his Jaguar while in Buffalo, and now he IS a Jaguar?

They're more reliable...

If that's Isaac from the 'Love Boat' , he better switch to club soda.

He just finished the new pilot for Gilligan's island....

43 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I don't know what to make of Harrison Phillips. He hasn't played particularly well.

You're not paying attention. or you are, and just can't bring yourself to be honest about Beane's drafting. One of the two.

Edited by Joe in Winslow

22 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

You're not paying attention. or you are, and just can't bring yourself to be honest about Beane's drafting. One of the two.

Ridiculous. I've been as high as anyone on Wyatt Teller, Taron Johnson, Matt Milano etc.

Harrison Phillips does not look like he's gonna be some third round steal. He looks average. If you're seeing amazing performances from Phillips, perhaps you're watching a different game.

He'll be a rotational guy going forward. Probably not much more than that.

1 hour ago, uticaclub said:

You don't think we are going to have to overpay for players to come to play for one of the worse offenses of all time

If josh Allen shows some development then it will help bringing players in. Historically, you are right, the Bills have overpaid for players. Lets hope we can sell it to some good FA’s.

8 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Anyone know what he weighed when he was here and what the number is now?  Happy to see his big as* and big paycheck go.

He was listed at a conservative 331 on the Jags site...toss him a beer and you may be able to round that up to 345 or so.

Darius was every bit a rare talent in regards to size, speed, and ability to be disruptive when he was drafted. Lost his way, not sure if it was losing family that had helped to keep him grounded, or just the net effect of NFL $$$, but the stupid was starting to outweigh the investment. The work ethic faded and he left a coach who was trying to create a culture of accountability with few options when disciplinary team actions were not having an effect.

He can still be a load to handle, and all the natural ability one could ask for if he could get his s**t together. I don't hate on Darius, and hope he does right the ship - just not against my Bills. 

24 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

If josh Allen shows some development then it will help bringing players in. Historically, you are right, the Bills have overpaid for players. Lets hope we can sell it to some good FA’s.

High taxes, no QB in a small market isn't a good recipe to attract top talent, I really hope Allen shows promise and McDermott can make us a contender

34 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

High taxes, no QB in a small market isn't a good recipe to attract top talent, I really hope Allen shows promise and McDermott can make us a contender

Housing has gone up also- but overall cost of living is still cheaper than 1/2 of the league. Im with you- lets just hope all the stars align.

• Like (+1) 1