Marcell Dareus Returns this Week - Inactive with a Back Injury

26CornerBlitz

It's now up to the Jags to figure out if he's worth that much going forward.  He was effectively getting $99M for having one monster season.  Just not worth the money here.  Not the biggest bust in Bills history but he's on the short list.

3 minutes ago, Utah John said:

It's now up to the Jags to figure out if he's worth that much going forward.  He was effectively getting $99M for having one monster season.  Just not worth the money here.  Not the biggest bust in Bills history but he's on the short list.

With their level of play right now, I'd rather have Star at his contract than Dareus level of play and current contract.

If you give me 2014 Dareus....then yes, I would much rather have that at.  But the reality is your paying for 2014 Dareus and not getting that level of play.

1 hour ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Jags fans are upset that he seems to be low effort. It's almost like that's why we traded him...

I can’t believe he didn’t change! 

Did he ever settle those two sexual assault lawsuits?

1 hour ago, uticaclub said:

Trading Dareus for a 5th for the biggest mistake this regime has made. For his dead cap & Stars contract, we should have just kept the more talent Dareus

Soooo they got rid of his ridiculous contract, his ridiculous attitude, his sexual assault cases, and acquired their new starting LG on a rookie deal. How the hell is that a mistake? 

34 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I can’t believe he didn’t change! 

Did he ever settle those two sexual assault lawsuits?

Soooo they got rid of his ridiculous contract, his ridiculous attitude, his sexual assault cases, and acquired their new starting LG on a rookie deal. How the hell is that a mistake? 

I care about production on the field, more players than you think are scumbags. You are not going to tell me, we are better defense without him

And don't give me we have the "2nd best D in the league" that's an example of stats being for losers

• Haha (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

I care about production on the field, more players than you think are scumbags. You are not going to tell me, we are better defense without him

And don't give me we have the "2nd best D in the league" that's an example of stats being for losers

lol!

2 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Trading Dareus for a 5th for the biggest mistake this regime has made. For his dead cap & Stars contract, we should have just kept the more talent Dareus

Why has it been a big mistake?

Our defense has not been an issue.

Edited by Binghamton Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

If you like PRODUCTION, let me tell you about the tub of goo!

Our big boy has 28 tackles in 10 games. For comparison, he had 39 tackles in 8 games under the Rexit. 

But TFL’s!!! He’s got one. What a stat stuffer.

Sacks? Did you guess? One. 

Oh but he’s not a sack or tackle guy! He plays a different role!

Wait. Dareus got his contract after posting 10 sacks and 12 TFLs in the 2014 season. Since then, the tub of goo has 10.5 sacks and 17 TFLs. 

#production #halfofforangechicken 

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

If you like PRODUCTION, let me tell you about the tub of goo!

Our big boy has 28 tackles in 10 games. For comparison, he had 39 tackles in 8 games under the Rexit. 

But TFL’s!!! He’s got one. What a stat stuffer.

Sacks? Did you guess? One. 

Oh but he’s not a sack or tackle guy! He plays a different role!

Wait. Dareus got his contract after posting 10 sacks and 12 TFLs in the 2014 season. Since then, the tub of goo has 10.5 sacks and 17 TFLs. 

#production #halfofforangechicken 

They easily replaced him with Jordan Phillips off the waiver wire. 

• Like (+1) 3

44 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

So you want to pay nearly $100 million when he isn't giving $100 million worth of production?  The $100 million defensive tackles in the league are the disrupters.  Something Dareus was in 2013 and 2014.  Hasn't had anywhere near the level of production since then.  You're paying top end of the salary for a guy that eats blocks...same thing Star is basically doing....which is why he's paid 1/2 as much.

46 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

We are a better defense without him.  This is objectively true.  

22 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So you want to pay nearly $100 million when he isn't giving $100 million worth of production?  The $100 million defensive tackles in the league are the disrupters.  Something Dareus was in 2013 and 2014.  Hasn't had anywhere near the level of production since then.  You're paying top end of the salary for a guy that eats blocks...same thing Star is basically doing....which is why he's paid 1/2 as much.

i don't understand why some would rather complain than look at the reality of the situation.