If the season ended today the Bills would be picking 6th in the up coming draft

JAMIEBUF12

8 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I was going to say while it is a really long shot we are only two games out of second place with a number of other teams only sitting two games ahead.  Right now I would have to pick the Chargers and one team from the AFCN as the Wild Cards but stranger things have happened.

I don't see big offers coming for trade ups to the top six next spring.  At what point is it not worth picking up a couple measly low picks versus taking a guy that may not be a tremendous need (although very useful) in Greedy?

RR, I hear you, and I would 100% agree if it weren't for the fact that regardless of the Jets game we are so utterly and completely, epic-ally, tragically, horribly, miserably bad on offense.

The aberration is the Jets game, not everything that came before.  Don't get me wrong I think we may be able to go 3-3 down the stretch, but the O must be addressed...a lot.

...I will take a slightly lesser 1st round Offensive player, or a D player at an absolute must position of need, than a position that we are already strong at to make it stronger.

Give me the best possible Offensive player 4-10 spots back with some extra later on.

BUT, if you want Greedy, man I get and I think he will be really, really good.  I just think they won't keep him 4 years later as they will already have a bunch of loot tied up in Tre come that time.

7 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

RR, I hear you, and I would 100% agree if it weren't for the fact that regardless of the Jets game we are so utterly and completely, epic-ally, tragically, horribly, miserably bad on offense.

The aberration is the Jets game, not everything that came before.  Don't get me wrong I think we may be able to go 3-3 down the stretch, but the O must be addressed...a lot.

...I will take a slightly lesser 1st round Offensive player, or a D player at an absolute must position of need, than a position that we are already strong at to make it stronger.

Give me the best possible Offensive player 4-10 spots back with some extra later on.

BUT, if you want Greedy, man I get and I think he will be really, really good.  I just think they won't keep him 4 years later as they will already have a bunch of loot tied up in Tre come that time.

Well I think one of the reasons this franchise steps forward and stabilizes is that our gm took steps to rid this team of bad contracts.The Bills are taking their lumps real bad with the dead cap.I think going forward with the 80 in cap space next year that the Bills will add talent,but not spend like drunken sailors.I think for now on the Bills plan on building through the draft and keeping our own..I think that is what the process is...Draft strong and for a change keep our own players on 2nd and even 3rd contracts....Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JAMIEBUF12 said:

Well I think one of the reasons this franchise steps forward and stabilizes is that our gm took steps to rid this team of bad contracts.The Bills are taking their lumps real bad with the dead cap.I think going forward with the 80 in cap space next year that the Bills will add talent,but not spend like drunken sailors.I think for now on the Bills plan on building through the draft and keeping our own..I think that is what the process is...Draft strong and for a change keep our own players on 2nd and even 3rd contracts....Go Bills!!!

Yes, yes indeed, Jamie.

I stand by the fact though if you really want two great CBs, plan on only having them together for a few years, because this team is not going to spend double the money on that position.

Hell, it remains to be seen if they are going to pay it for one player (Tre), which I hope they do.

1 minute ago, JAMIEBUF12 said:

If they hit on their draft picks, they will either pay them BIGTIME after their rookie deals or they will lose them. You think Tre White or Edmunds are taking hometown discounts? Their agents beg to differ.

4 hours ago, MJS said:

No, some of them are truly bad and won't win any more game.

The bills have a bad offense but a really good defense, which will get them to a few more wins. And I am fine with that, BTW. I hope we are never bad enough to have a top 10 pick. I want them to win as many as possible every single year.

Once we are not going to the playoffs( we aren’t) I would prefer we lose out in enjoyable fashion.

The only thing I want to see is JA make some noticeable strides along with the receivers.

The higher we pick in the next draft , the better. It’s not just one high pick, it’s a higher pick in each round.

19 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

The hope is Allen will be at least competent and that we are done with the hard part of the schedule which has been demonstrated by playing teams such as the Chargers and Chicago who barring collapse are going to the playoffs.  Other teams we have faced such as GB, Min, Ten, and Baltimore are sitting on the cusp of the playoffs.  I would be far less optimistic if we had played cupcakes for most of the early schedule

7 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

If they hit on their draft picks, they will either pay them BIGTIME after their rookie deals or they will lose them. You think Tre White or Edmunds are taking hometown discounts? Their agents beg to differ.

This is why you have to have good drafts which means good scouts, personnel men, and a GM to do it.  Maybe the Bills are finally turning a corner in that regard?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

The hope is Allen will be at least competent and that we are done with the hard part of the schedule which has been demonstrated by playing teams such as the Chargers and Chicago who barring collapse are going to the playoffs.  Other teams we have faced such as GB, Min, Ten, and Baltimore are sitting on the cusp of the playoffs.  I would be far less optimistic if we had played cupcakes for most of the early schedule

This is why you have to have good drafts which means good scouts, personnel men, and a GM to do it.  Maybe the Bills are finally turning a corner in that regard?

That would be great. I was responding specifically to a quote of not spending like "drunken sailors."

I get the sense that some people don't understand how much you've got to pay for premium talent. If they draft good players, they're eventually gonna have to pay them big time dollars if they want to keep them. 

I also think the narrative that Whaley was out there spending like the Yankees is a bit overblown. The only guy the new regime couldn't afford to pay was Gilmore. It happens. The smart organizations just find a way to move money around and finesse the cap.

30 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

It is why you extend them before they ever hit free agency.It seems the well run teams do this.It also seems when you do it early both the player and the organization benefit.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Have to go QB if one is there. Have to.

Until you have a QB you have to keep bringing them in.I am very under sold on Allen at this point and would not want to go into next season with just Allen as the franchises p[ossible future.

We will see more of Allen but if there is no improvement in the 2nd half then you really have zero choice but to look heavily at QB's> problem is will there be one worthy of the pick.

32 minutes ago, JAMIEBUF12 said:

It is why you extend them before they ever hit free agency.It seems the well run teams do this.It also seems when you do it early both the player and the organization benefit.

The kind of guys we'd want to lock up may not be interested, but it's worth attempting.

6 hours ago, MJS said:

It won't end that way. The Bills will probably win a couple more. I bet we pick somewhere around pick 10 or 11.

If we three or four more, sure, I could see us drafting around 10th or 11th.  But "a couple" typically means two and if we're only winning two more games then chances are we'll remain about where we drafting right now.  A 2-4 finish isn't going to appreciably dent our draft position, not when its winning percentage (2-4 = .333) is nearly what our winning percentage already is at 3-7 (.300).

7 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

The kind of guys we'd want to lock up may not be interested, but it's worth attempting.

I think a lot of times tge Bills just didn’t have the money to pay their own when their contracts were up.Pkayers like Gilmore or Woods might have taken the money earlier if the Bills had it.I know Woods prob wanted to go back home,but the Bills have drafted some good talent the last few years that they could not afford come 2nd contract.I just think that is kinda over.

5 hours ago, JAMIEBUF12 said:

The top 4 teams plus the Bills at 6 all have quarterbacks.It seems the Giants get a stroke of luck and get to pick the top qb at 5.Seems some franchises just fall into luck.They get their runningback this season,already have good receivers and now get a qb next draft.Kinda like the Colts go from Manning to Luck and teams like us that were 7-9 forever never truly got to have a choice for the top qb or rb or wr...I bet a team like the Giants turns it around real fast.Not complaining about Josh,but if we had waited a year we would have been in line for the top or 2nd to top qb.I like Greedy ,but I know the team really needs offensive lineman and receivers.Greedy would make our secondary elite...

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Raiders go QB.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Raiders go QB.

...never know with Chuckie and his QB luvfest........probably way off base, but I think Carr's injury was a wake up call and he perhaps may not recover mentally to play the game without hesitancy or fear of another major injury.....smart to cash when he did......maybe seeing the beating his brother took is also an influence.....