Fear the Sabres....

mellaman101

2 hours ago, White Linen said:

All our best players are young, we have a ton of cap space next year along with 3 1st round picks and several young players in Rochester playing extremely well.   We are going to be good for a very long time.  

That is interesting......when you talk like that it it sounds like the bills situation

3 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Rangers are 8-1-1 in their last 10 and have the most points since oct 30

Sabres are 6-0 in their last six games. We can play this game all day. 

I just read on NHL.com that Detroit is the hottest team in the league right now. It’s relative to whatever time period you look at.

The Rangers are hot, no doubt but most of us are Sabres fans, the Rangers and their fans can cram it up their *****.

Edited by dlonce
  • Haha (+1) 4

8 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Only took em 7 years to complete the rebuild.

Rangers are doing it in one.?

A rebuild's success will ultimately be measured in championships won, not the speed from which the team went from terrible to competitive.

Also, who gives a flying ***** about the Rangers!? Take that ***** to a NJ Jets or NJ Giants message board. ***** downstaters.....

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Sure.

The rebuild took several different coaches and GMs jobs to be successful. I'm sure that was all part of the plan.

But you are right. If the Sabres won the Stanley cup within in the next three years or so no one will care how long they sucked ass to get to that point.

It certainly wasn't part of the plan. But the incompetence from the past two seasons allowed us to draft Mitts and Dahlin. So in the end, maybe it will work out? The Penguins and Blackhawks dynasties, for example, happened because those teams were awful before drafting their superstars.

Yes, for me a single Stanley Cup will definitely make the awfulness of the past 7 years worth it. If you polled every Sabres fan on the planet, I'm willing to bet that 99% of them will agree with me. If anything, the past 7 years will have made a future Stanley Cup even more delicious.

Ideally, an NHL team wouldn't have to tank and suck for a while in order to build a Cup-contending roster. But the nature of drafting talent in the NHL (drafting 18-years olds vs 22-year olds in the NFL) makes it a lot more difficult to do it the "noble" way. If you look back at the history of the Buffalo Sabres, they have never really bottomed out for any real length of time before now.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MichaelAbdallah said:

It certainly wasn't part of the plan. But the incompetence from the past two seasons allowed us to draft Mitts and Dahlin. So in the end, maybe it will work out? The Penguins and Blackhawks dynasties, for example, happened because those teams were awful before drafting their superstars.

Yes, for me a single Stanley Cup will definitely make the awfulness of the past 7 years worth it. If you polled every Sabres fan on the planet, I'm willing to bet that 99% of them will agree with me. If anything, the past 7 years will have made a future Stanley Cup even more delicious.

Ideally, an NHL team wouldn't have to tank and suck for a while in order to build a Cup-contending roster. But the nature of drafting talent in the NHL (drafting 18-years olds vs 22-year olds in the NFL) makes it a lot more difficult to do it the "noble" way. If you look back at the history of the Buffalo Sabres, they have never really bottomed out for any real length of time before now.

If the Sabres won the Stanley Cup, Scott’s response would be something along the lines of, “Yeah, they won the Stanley Cup; but, it took them seven games.”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

12 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Imagine if I told you two years ago bringing back Jason Pominville would be the answer.

Ooh, there's a Pominville on the team. Must Jason's son or nephew or something? Wait, that's him?!?!?

28 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

If the Sabres won the Stanley Cup, Scott’s response would be something along the lines of, “Yeah, they won the Stanley Cup; but, it took them seven games.”

My cousin and I always talk about his pessimist dad who's a University Houston fan. "Yeah, they won the National Championship, but what was with trying to run the ball up the middle on second down in the third quarter? This coaching staff is incompetent and they all need to be fired!"

• Haha (+1) 1

Wow Its sad that so many fans of the Buffalo football team know nothing about the hockey team from the same city. All I can say is they are missing out on a team that scores, wins games and are in a playoff spot. 

9 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Hockey is a boring, crappy, niche sport. No one cares about it outside of Canada, Buffalo, and Minnesota.

I wish they'd have another lock out.

I am guess you are from the south. They don't understand the game down there or have ice. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, dlonce said:

Sabres are 6-0 in their last six games. We can play this game all day. 

I just read on NHL.com that Detroit is the hottest team in the league right now. It’s relative to whatever time period you look at.

The Rangers are hot, no doubt but most of us are Sabres fans, the Rangers and their fans can cram it up their *****.

And they usually do!  MO for the Rump Rangers. In this day & age, not that there is anything "wrong" (define: wrong) with that, just not the style for many.... /smh...

LoL... ?