MMQB: How the Bills drew inspiration from the Red Sox

YoloinOhio

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/11/19/nfl-news-notes-rumors-ben-roethlisberger-steelers-bills-sean-mcdermott

The Bills are coming off their bye and getting their quarterback back, and if nothing else, Sean McDermott and his staff have a young, reworked roster playing as hard as any in the league. The head coach has found little ways to reinforce the message through bumps; for example, he discussed the path the Red Sox took to the World Series title in a team meeting earlier this month, to remind them of the value in resilience. In particular, he pulled out the 

Sox’ devastating 18-inning loss to the Dodgers in Game 3, and how they bounced back hours later to win Game 4, then won Game 5 the day after that.

“It looked like everything was falling apart on them,” McDermott told me. “They used it to really catapult themselves into a stronger team, and they ended up winning it all two days later. Those moments are the ones that you’ve gotta build strength from. And they’re tough, no one wants to lose, but when you’re doing it the right way you’ve gotta use adversity as your ally.”

Sure enough, the Bills heard that one, and bounced back from a 41–9 loss to Chicagowith a 41-10 win over the Jets.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Not sure how I feel about this.  Boston sports should never be emulated.

Coach, will all due respect...it's OK to hate the Pats, Bruins, & Celtics, but what RedSox did this past season was historic, and there is no debating this.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I was thinking the same.

Nothing was falling apart for them. They lost a game in extra innings. Big deal. They were the best team in the league by far, IMO. 

When the Yankees crushed them in what Game 2 I think it was. The sky was falling then. 

22 hours ago, Epstein's Mother said:

The difference is the Red Sox bounced back against a team that wasn't in full-on quit mode.

I am a bit confused Epstein; what kind of team in the MLB playoffs/World Series would be in full-on quit mode? Am I missing something obvious from your post?