Has anyone here ever met Doug Marrone?

Another Fan

21 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

I met him.  Hes actually very different in person.  Hes kind of a shy guy but VERY flirty.  Smells like whole milk all the time which is weird.  Blushes easily. Very handsy.  Hes always pinching people and doing this baby talk thing where he says "widdle pinchy".  Hes the worst person I've ever met.

Dude. I thought it was just my imagination.

The same thing! The very same thing happened to me when I met Coach Marrone. 

He's pretty much the best person I've ever met.

I was cooking at a restaurant called TRATA in rochester during training camp, was sitting outside smoking a cigarette when Marrone and Whaley came walking by me when I looked up,   I jumped up threw my cigarette and shook both their hands and said "i love the bills and love what youre doing with the team" they said thanks and kept going....made my week

looking back i shouldve kicked them in the shin

On 11/19/2018 at 10:40 PM, TuelTime said:

Wrong. He made a wise career decision and decided to exercise the clause in his contract. This is similar to Le'Veon Bell not signing his franchise tag. He made the right decision, obviously. He has a head coaching job after all these years. If he had stayed in Buffalo, EJ would've ruined his career and he knew it.

Might have been wise but he didnt get hired right away like he planned, and he's probably gonna get canned after this 4 win season.  ( i predicted less than 8 wins for them in late August).

Either way im glad he is gone.  Cant believe his faith in Hackett is still going.  

He bought me a beer at the Blarney Stone in Syracuse's Tipp Hill neighborhood in 2011. For real. Against character for him (I've interacted with him since), he very humbly endured some off-hand, dismissive comments I made about 'Cuse football at the bar, unaware he was only a few stools away. He got up and paid without much fanfare, and then the bartender told me my beer was covered. I vaguely remember his Syracuse hat and his thinner (at the time) face. He might have smugly or humbly toasted me. (It was a long time ago, and at that time, I had no effing idea who Doug Marrone was.)

So yeah, when he was still building his college resume, I witnessed Saint Doug at his most humble, most gracious best. In a Tipp Hill watering hole. 

Since then I've waited on him as the Bills head coach, during his first free agent recruiting dinners...the Brandon Spikes, Corey Graham off-season stands out. What a different dude he was by then...