Has anyone here ever met Doug Marrone?

Another Fan

27 minutes ago, PittsforDave said:

I’m just saying you shouldn’t hate the guy for making a personal business decision. Try to be a bit more objective. 

I don't hate him. I think he is a below average coach. Him walking away from the team was a jerk move, but like I said, I was not torn up about losing him because I feel he is not a good coach anyway.

I think he will prove to be a below average coach in Jacksonville. You can do a lot worse than Doug Marrone, but I think you can do a lot better than him as well. I think there is zero evidence that he is a great coach, as some have claimed here.

• Like (+1) 1

To say Marrone is a “bad coach” when his career W/L record is only two games under .500 coaching two dumpster fire organizations (and taking one dumpster fire org to the AFC championship game) is a bit of a stretch. 

The Jaguars had not won more than 5 games in a season since 2010. I think the team he took over went 3-13. 

The bills were a solid 4-12/6-10 team for years and in his second season they went 9-7. 

I dont love the guy but he isnt a “bad” HC. Like 90% of the HC, he needs to find a QB. 

Edited by bobobonators
  • Like (+1) 2

I met him.  Hes actually very different in person.  Hes kind of a shy guy but VERY flirty.  Smells like whole milk all the time which is weird.  Blushes easily. Very handsy.  Hes always pinching people and doing this baby talk thing where he says "widdle pinchy".  Hes the worst person I've ever met.

• Haha (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Another Fan said:

He comes back to town during this week for Sunday's game.  I'm assuming like a lot of people here the image I have of him is hard-headed, arrogant, and not easy to work or get along with.  Still it's not like I know the guy or have ever met him.  Maybe someone here met him once and has a nice story.  Maybe...

No falling for this one Doug

5 hours ago, Codyny13 said:

I’m born and raised in the Bronx, in fact my best friends dad coached him at cardinal Hayes HS 10 minutes from my house before he went to lehman. Plenty of great people here. He might be a douche, doesn’t make the rest of us one.

People don't think what that dude is saying. Ignore him. I have plenty of friends from Queens, Manhattan, Staten Island, Bronx, even Jersey.

We all know Long Island is what produces the obnoxious douche bags.

4 hours ago, PittsforDave said:

So spiteful. 

They almost went to the Super Bowl last year. They have a ton of injuries this year. 

Marrone is a great coach and was building a winner here before his time was cut short. 

He quit you *****in idiot.

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Anyone here remember the story when his wife mooned the injured Packers players? I wonder if someone can dig that up in the archives? 

No way that's true, is it? I missed that one.

9 hours ago, PittsforDave said:

I like Doug a lot. He is the best coach we’ve had since Levy.

It is too bad his time here was cut short, he had the potential to do great things. 

Doug is a great family man and a good friend. 

Helen is a great Mother and wife. 

I see St. Doug still visits the board...

• Haha (+1) 1

Correct, 

when you quit, your time is cut short. 

What’s your point?

Not sure a good coach would quit on his players. He is doing a bang up job in Jacksonville this year too. Not sure why people think he is a good coach

No it doesn’t. It implies he left before he should have. His contract was not up.

He didn’t just up and decide to quit, there was a lot going on that he did not like. He had an out and took it. If he was treated right things could have been different. 

To verbally abuse the man because he made a good business decision seems crazy. Yes, it was selfish but look at what he has done in Jax. Turned that franchise around. While we continue to spin our wheels. 

1.  I call BS that you know Marrone personally.

2.  You misused the term, "time was cut short," so just move on from it.  He quit.  There's a difference.

3.  Jacksonville sucks this year.  He really hasn't done much of anything in Jacksonville.

Edited by Gugny

4 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

No way that's true, is it? I missed that one.

I forgot where it came from. The gist of it was that the injured Packer players were in the suite next to Marrone’s. Those dugout suites share a bathroom and hallway with the suite next to them. There had been some trash talk back and forth and after the Bills win she mooned them.

No it doesn’t. It implies he left before he should have. His contract was not up.

He didn’t just up and decide to quit, there was a lot going on that he did not like. He had an out and took it. If he was treated right things could have been different. 

To verbally abuse the man because he made a good business decision seems crazy. Yes, it was selfish but look at what he has done in Jax. Turned that franchise around. While we continue to spin our wheels. 

He didn’t turn that franchise around, he took over a team that was already built last year and after one good year has run it into the ground. Gonna be well over the cap next year, no qb, cant control his players. Ya great job st. Doug

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

1.  I call BS that you know Marrone personally.

2.  You misused the term, "time was cut short," so just move on from it.  He quit.  There's a difference.

3.  Jacksonville sucks this year and they barely beat the Buffalo Bills in the only playoff game they won last year.  He really hasn't done anything in Jacksonville.

After they beat the Bills they beat the Steelers too. On the road.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pbomb said:

He didn’t turn that franchise around, he took over a team that was already built last year and after one good year has run it into the ground. Gonna be well over the cap next year, no qb, cant control his players. Ya great job st. Doug

Oh we definitely disagree on the bolded. He took a Super Bowl contender and turned them into a contender for the top pick. That’s is an incredible turn around!!

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 3