MNF Game thread Rams and Chiefs.

2 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

And the best game of the week was? It wasnt GB Seattle. That game was two garbage teams. 

The Pittsburgh Jacksonville game was awful as well.

Do you unreasonably hate Alex Smith? Maybe that game would be the best of the weekend for you then.

I mean I don't like Alex Smith, but I don't hate him on that level.

Yes I preferred Green Bay - Seattle. 

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It isn't even the best game I have watched this week. I get it some people enjoy the high scoring games and just want to see loads of touchdowns. I prefer the games that have a bit more balance. 

I didn't really enjoy last year's Superbowl either for the same reason. 

You can appreciate each game for different reasons. I too enjoy the chess match games, the games where one slip, one mismatch decides the outcome on a high stakes third down. I enjoy the defensive brawls, where each yard is punished accordingly. I enjoy the great defense being thwarted by the unguardable perfect pass.

But I also enjoy schematic perfection. I enjoy watched Tyreek Hill motioning twice just to throw the defense off before Kelce is hit on the seam. I enjoy watching Gurley play RB/WR and being unstoppable some days in the right matchup. 

All of these things are fun. I don’t know if any of them are as fun if we only see one time of game being played over and over. It’s why there are 32 different teams.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

It’s worthless. Half the fans just get black out drunk for the Bills game and don’t have an accurate view on the league. Showcases like tonight slap them in the face with the fact we aren’t even playing in the same league as the top teams. They cope by claiming it’s ruining football and not entertaining. 

I watch pretty much every snap taken most weeks. From Week 11 I have watched 7 games already and will catch up with a couple more during this week. 

I don't think that game was ruining football at all. It just wasn't my favourite game. Nor am I clamouring to watch 13-10 games. 

22 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah, for me Brees is the MVP of the league right now and Donald is DPOY.  Other people having sensational seasons, but those two are a cut above everyone else right now.

I got Khalil Mack for the Bears. One player pushed them to the top of the NFCS

9 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

That’s a misleading stat at best. The highest scoring offenses may not have won THAT particular season, but Peyton won SBs in both Denver and Indy, the Pats certainly have won plenty, the Saints, the Packers, the Greatest Show Rams. The NFL has been slanted towards offense for decades now and the Super Bowl has more often than not been an offensive “who has the ball last wins” for years. 

Except you stated opinion not facts.  Facts show 14 of last 20 SBs were won by defensive Head Coaches.  Pats have 2 of the top 4 scoring offenses in NFL history, and lost both Super Bowls those years.  Broncos set new record in 2013 and got blown out by defensive Seahawks.  Broncos Won SB in 2015 with the lowest rated QBs in league that year in Manning and Brock and with Manning having statistically the worst SB by a winning QB in history.  Brincos won because of defense and run game, not because of Manning or a high powered pass attack.  

9 times Manning was 1 and done in playoffs in Indy.  Brees has barely sniffed playoffs most years.   GB had one of top 5 scoring offenses in history in 2011 and didn’t even reach SB.  

Facts are facts.

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Arena football at its finest tonight at the Coliseum. The Saints could beat either team cause at least they have some defense. Take notes McD, time to start building the offense. 

The Rams actually have some decent players on D...

Im surprised that they aren’t better..

5 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I got Khalil Mack for the Bears. One player pushed them to the top of the NFCS

Mack certainly in the running, and honestly would have no problem if he won it as he’s also been sensational.  

But I still give it to Donald, he is literally held every play and dominates.  It’s like how Shaq was fouled every play even though it wasn’t always called yet he still dominated.  

But I will say certainly a close race between those two

26 minutes ago, bobblehead said:

Yes. This must be millennial football, idk. It’s all completions and interceptions.  This  wasn’t that great to watch 

That means people aren't dropping picks or dropping balls. Picks get dropped constantly. Defenders forget to look to score when they get it. We saw so many phases of football executed perfectly. Not every part of the game, but these are not perfect teams executing their strengths flawlessly. That's rare in a game and you gotta appreciate their excellence. Of course teams have weaknesses every team does. SB broncos executed defense perfectly and played ugly at QB

4 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I'll give you that it was an entertaining game. But at the end of the day, I knew what I was watching. And it was 2 crap teams.

This was a game between two great teams.

Yeah it's not like people didn't make mistakes in spades during that game. We saw mistakes, but we saw execution of the highest level tonight. If people don't like what part of the game was executed perfectly.. than.. whatever. I like watching good football lol.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Yeah it's not like people didn't make mistakes in spades during that game. We saw mistakes, but we saw execution of the highest level tonight. If people don't like what part of the game was executed perfectly.. than.. whatever. I like watching good football lol.

Mistakes happened tonight too. But Mahomes had 40+ attempts and was still averaging over 10 ypa. That last pick he had, it was an awful throw, but given how the game went I thought he was connecting deep for sure.

They play concepts and designs were amazing. It was just a great game, and the defenses actually contributed to the score being so high.

It reminds me of games I used to hear old timers talking about where Kelly threw for a ridiculous amount of yards, and the Bills had a good defense but still gave up points. You all loved it then, now you hate it. 

A fanbase that reminisces over the K-gun, but complains about an offense oriented league and wanting more defense. It's really something else. 

This team was before its' time in the early 90s. Now we don't want to even go near that style of offense. And we have to have a great defense, and run the ball. And some ass with a southern accent can tell me what winter is like.

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Mistakes happened tonight too. Hut Mahomes had 40+ attempts and was still averaging over 10 ypa. That last pick he had, it was an awful throw, but given how the game went I thought he was connecting deep for sure.

They play concepts and designs were amazing. It was just a great game, and the defenses actually contributed to the score being so high.

It reminds me of games I used to hear old timers talking about where Kelly threw for a ridiculous amount of yards, and the Bills had a good defense but still gave up points. You all loved it then, now you hate it. 

A fanbase that reminisces over the K-gun, but complains about an offense oriented league and wanting more defense. It's really something else. 

This team was before it's time in the early 90s. Now we don't want to even go near that style of offense. And we have to have a great defense, and run the ball. And some ass with a southern accent can tell me what winter is like.

My opinion on that game tonight or on the type of games I tend to most enjoy has absolutely nothing to do with the Bills. 

I would obviously like the Bills to have an offense like one of those two. But my opinion remains that sport is at its best when there is jeopardy and a balance between attack and defense. I don't love 5-4 soccer games either. 

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, GunnerBill said:

My opinion on that game tonight or on the type of games I tend to most enjoy has absolutely nothing to do with the Bills. 

I would obviously like the Bills to have an offense like one of those two. But my opinion remains that sport is at its best when there is jeopardy and a balance between attack and defense. I don't love 5-4 soccer games either. 

I wasn't referring to you in that post, even though you could take it as such. I'm not a fan of 5-4 soccer games either, I mean I could be. If it's Man City vs Liverpool, or Bayern vs Dortmund I think it could be a great game.

But I also can be a fan of low scoring games. I just want to see good teams go out and do what they're good at. These are both great offensive teams, and they both played well on that side of the ball for the most part. If this was a 20-17 game with these two teams playing, I think it would have been a disappointment. 

They're just two good teams, who run pretty innovative offenses and I enjoyed it. They both went out there and did that.

Anyone complaining about the way that game went should be launched into the sun. If you’re really the type of person holding on to some sort of “ol’ school footbaw” notion, guess what? The league and the rest of the world has long passed you by.

• Haha (+1) 1

To all those who say this game sucked because of no defense... I guess you all hated the "no punt" game between the Bills and 49ers?    

Ya know, sometimes you just get a good game between two good teams who's offense continually have to step up make a play because the other's team's defense just did.    I know we haven't seen the Bills do anything like this since the K-Gun, but that doesn't mean that football is supposed to be a play not to lose, punt at the 40, hope you can complete a pass game.   It's what Bills' fans have been conditioned to, but thats just how far behind our team is not how bad their defenses are or anything else.

Tonight's game was an amazing game.  You had explosive offenses and great defensive plays lead to a back and forth slug fest with multiple players stepping up and making great plays when they absolutely had to.

• Like (+1) 2

The last 5 minutes was great. Hill really screwed up by returning the ball with a minute to go, could have started on the 25instead of the 12. Great effort overall but would like more defence and running.

when we get all the pieces on defense we will be able really slow teams like this down.

57 minutes ago, Dan said:

To all those who say this game sucked because of no defense... I guess you all hated the "no punt" game between the Bills and 49ers?    

Ya know, sometimes you just get a good game between two good teams who's offense continually have to step up make a play because the other's team's defense just did.    I know we haven't seen the Bills do anything like this since the K-Gun, but that doesn't mean that football is supposed to be a play not to lose, punt at the 40, hope you can complete a pass game.   It's what Bills' fans have been conditioned to, but thats just how far behind our team is not how bad their defenses are or anything else.

Tonight's game was an amazing game.  You had explosive offenses and great defensive plays lead to a back and forth slug fest with multiple players stepping up and making great plays when they absolutely had to.

That game was more enjoyable because it was in an era when the rules weren't so favorable to the offense and the defense can actually hit people.  Football is just a little less enjoyable now than it was 30 years ago and I realize player safety is a major reason.  Still my favorite sport to watch and I'm hoping defensive schemes can catch up to these increasingly creative offensive schemes.   

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

That game was more enjoyable because it was in an era when the rules weren't so favorable to the offense and the defense can actually hit people.  Football is just a little less enjoyable now than it was 30 years ago and I realize player safety is a major reason.  Still my favorite sport to watch and I'm hoping defensive schemes can catch up to these increasingly creative offensive schemes.   

This guy gets it

• Like (+1) 3