Vontae Davis Makes Light of Quitting on the Bills in FanDuel Ad

26CornerBlitz

54 minutes ago, PittsforDave said:

This guy and Peterman. SMH. 

So embarrassing, do they have no self-respect?

How do you compare the two? One worked his ass off and gave everything for the team, stuck it out even while getting relentlessly burned, he just didn’t have enough talent...the other quit on his teammates and jokes about it?

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Codyny13 said:

How do you compare the two? One worked his ass off and gave everything for the team, stuck it out even while getting relentlessly burned, he just didn’t have enough talent...the other quit on his teammates and jokes about it?

Very easily.

Vontae at least knew he couldn’t compete and quit. Peterman kept losing and repeating his awful performances. He brought the team down with him. 

I would respect Peterman more if he quit at half time of the Chargers game 2017. 

How can somebody, especially an NFL player be so stubborn to sacrifice an entire team and season? He knew his limitations and still went out there like a ***** idiot.

He could use some lessons in team spirit and selfishness. There is no “I” in team. 

Just now, PittsforDave said:

Very easily.

Vontae at least knew he couldn’t compete and quit. Peterman kept losing and repeating his awful performances. He brought the team down with him. 

I would respect Peterman more if he quit at half time of the Chargers game 2017. 

How can somebody, especially an NFL player be so stubborn to sacrifice an entire team and season? He knew his limitations and still went out there like a ***** idiot.

He could use some lessons in team spirit and selfishness. There is no “I” in team. 

Right...give up your dream job as an NFL QB making millions, something you’ve worked your whole life towards, bc pittsfordave of twobillsdrive wants you to. What a ridiculous thought. 

• Like (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

So when Bell sits out and wont return texts from teammates while refusing to play because $14 million isnt enough money for him, hes just doing what he has to do for himself and it doesnt matter cause his teammates are just coworkers.

Davis decides he cant keep playing anymore and retires during a game when he feels he is hurting the team and he is a vile disgusting human being who left his teammates for dead on the battle field during war.

It's a game people.......

You finish the game.  Even if you finish it on the bench, you finish the game then retire.  If he did that, then retired citing decline in ability, people here would have been fine.  Hell, we all saw the decline in performance.  It was the whole "can't be bothered to even finish the game" that was a slap in the face.

Side note...not everyone agrees with what Bell did, either.  You sign a contract, you play the damn contract.  That it's somehow possible to avoid playing a contract you signed baffles me.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

Right...give up your dream job as an NFL QB making millions, something you’ve worked your whole life towards, bc pittsfordave of twobillsdrive wants you to. What a ridiculous thought. 

Not because of me or this board. For his teammates. 

Look at where he is now. What difference would it have made (monetarily) if he just quit last year? A few measly hundred of thousands of dollars is a small trade compared to sacrificing your team and entire year. Also his reputation would still be intact. 

We’d be in a much better position this year if he would have just taken responsibility and quit before it was too late. Selfishly, he didn’t.

”me” players never make it, especially on McDermotts team.  

His reputation will forever be remembered as Bills lore.  A typical villain. 

Edited by PittsforDave

3 hours ago, The Red King said:

You finish the game.  Even if you finish it on the bench, you finish the game then retire.  If he did that, then retired citing decline in ability, people here would have been fine.  Hell, we all saw the decline in performance.  It was the whole "can't be bothered to even finish the game" that was a slap in the face.

Side note...not everyone agrees with what Bell did, either.  You sign a contract, you play the damn contract.  That it's somehow possible to avoid playing a contract you signed baffles me.

But isnt Bell sitting out cause he was franchise tagged? He didnt sign the tag.

Again, it's just a game, he isnt at war. Not saying he should be praised for what he did, but people are acting like he beat a child and war hero while crapping on the flag giving a nazi salute because he gave up and left his teammates during a game. Yet Bell left his teammates out to dry by not showing up to help them because he feels $14 million isnt enough for him to show up and play a game, and he doesnt owe the team anything cause his teammates are co-workers......

42 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

But isnt Bell sitting out cause he was franchise tagged? He didnt sign the tag.

Again, it's just a game, he isnt at war. Not saying he should be praised for what he did, but people are acting like he beat a child and war hero while crapping on the flag giving a nazi salute because he gave up and left his teammates during a game. Yet Bell left his teammates out to dry by not showing up to help them because he feels $14 million isnt enough for him to show up and play a game, and he doesnt owe the team anything cause his teammates are co-workers......

Did you actually read the side note you quoted?