MVP race

CDogg20

Who is your MVP?  

145 members have voted

1. 1. MVP

• Drew Brees
    • Patrick Mahomes
    • Todd Gurley

Its Brees's MVP to lose at this point. He and the Saints are having an insane season, Brees has also never won before and is a veteran which makes voters much more willing to vote for him since he is a HOF QB without an MVP award having an MVP season. 

34 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Mahomeboy is the favorite!

Sports voters always choose the veteran player who hasn't won one (like Brees) over the young player who might be having a slightly better overall season. Its not good logic but that's just how they operate. 

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

Sports voters always choose the veteran player who hasn't won one (like Brees) over the young player who might be having a slightly better overall season. Its not good logic but that's just how they operate. 

After last game it's a tough call but a 50 TD passing season will get it. Granted half those are basically designed runs shoveling to Tyreek Hill. Mahomes has to match Brees tonight so I have no idea if he's still getting his TDs.. needs to keep dropping 4.

Brees never has it easy. He needed this season last year, and switch his good years when Peyton was winning those "eh give it to Peyton MVPs" and he could have 3. He almost breaks Marino's passing record before anybody got close and Sean Alexander scores 30 TDs lol

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

All three of these guys are having a great year. I would also throw in Goff and Luck as options. Still have to go with Brees at this point. If Mahomes keeps playing this way he will have multiple MVP's for his trophy case though. 

Falcons at Saints tonight. Saints averaging 37.8 PPG, the 5th-most through 10 games in NFL history. They’re scoring on 63% of their drives, the highest since NFL went to 16-game schedule in 1978. They’ve scored more points in last 3 games (144) than Bills have this season (137).

On 11/19/2018 at 12:22 PM, CDogg20 said:

Simple question, who is your MVP so far? 

I’m going with Brees. I think without him, that team doesn’t go like it has. If WAR were an nfl stat id love to see what his would be

Its Brees and right now it’s not close.  He’s clear cut the MVP and deserves it.  He is playing perfect football.  

Mahomes has been exciting, but he’s not there yet. And his 5 turnovers that directly led to them losing the Rams game puts him firmly behind Brees now. Kid is having a sensational year, but Brees is the clear MVP...TODAY.  If Brees starts slipping then Mahomes can get back in it.

Gurley is there with Mahomes as 2b, but I don’t see how he can get the MVP unless BOTH Brees and Mahomes fall down.  The Chiefs game didn’t do Gurley any favors either as they put up 54 points with him being fairly quiet.  Again, sensational season, but I just can’t see any way he gets it right now with how Brees is playing and even Mahomes.

Add in the age of Brees and how he hasn’t won it before, and he is a over whelming front runner right now.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Its Brees and right now it’s not close.  He’s clear cut the MVP and deserves it.  He is playing perfect football.  

Mahomes has been exciting, but he’s not there yet. And his 5 turnovers that directly led to them losing the Rams game puts him firmly behind Brees now. Kid is having a sensational year, but Brees is the clear MVP...TODAY.  If Brees starts slipping then Mahomes can get back in it.

Gurley is there with Mahomes as 2b, but I don’t see how he can get the MVP unless BOTH Brees and Mahomes fall down.  The Chiefs game didn’t do Gurley any favors either as they put up 54 points with him being fairly quiet.  Again, sensational season, but I just can’t see any way he gets it right now with how Brees is playing and even Mahomes.

Add in the age of Brees and how he hasn’t won it before, and he is a over whelming front runner right now.

Agree 100% with everything you said here

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Ain't body of work it's a season award.

Supposed to be :(

Mahomeboy.

And Brees is having a better season.  You are voting based on your fanhood, not on the regular season.  

Better record

Better rating

Better Accuracy

Most efficient

Only 1 turnover

This isn’t fantasy football MVP.  Brees is playing BETTER football than Mahomes.  He’s damn near perfect.  And thats not a slap on Mahomes, that’s how good Brees has been.  If he keeps this up, wont surprise me if he is unanimous MVP which isn’t that common. 

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

On 11/19/2018 at 8:42 PM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Bree’s has 25 tds and 1 interception 

Mahomeboy's on pace for 50+ TDs. Brees might break Nick Foles' illustrious 27-2 ratio, 1 Quarterback has gone 50+.

Brees lost it when he almost broke Dan Marino's seeming impossible passing record the same year Sean Alexander scored 30 TDs. TDs are king.

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

And Brees is having a better season.  You are voting based on your fanhood, not on the regular season.  

Better record

Better rating

Better Accuracy

Most efficient

Only 1 turnover

This isn’t fantasy football MVP.  Brees is playing BETTER football than Mahomes.  He’s damn near perfect.  And thats not a slap on Mahomes, that’s how good Brees has been.  If he keeps this up, wont surprise me if he is unanimous MVP which isn’t that common. 

More TDs. What did Brees see when Sean Alexander had nearly 30 TDs. Amost any other year he'd be a shoe in but his 2 best seasons have happened when another player scores an ungodly amount of TDs. That's a lot of 7 point plays.

Mahomeboy is also still the favorite: -25.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

2 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Mahomeboy's on pace for 50+ TDs. Brees might break Nick Foles' illustrious 27-2 ratio, 1 Quarterback has gone 50+.

Brees lost it when he almost broke Dan Marino's seeming impossible passing record the same year Sean Alexander scored 30 TDs. TDs are king.

More TDs. What did Brees see when Sean Alexander had nearly 30 TDs. Amost any other year he'd be a shoe in but his 2 best seasons have happened when another player scores an ungodly amount of TDs. That's a lot of 7 point plays.

Mahomeboy is also still the favorite: -25.

Brees is actually the favorite now (and a pretty big one):  https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ibtimes.com/2018-nfl-mvp-odds-drew-brees-favored-over-patrick-mahomes-2735000%3famp=1

Edited by Kirby Jackson