MVP race

CDogg20

Who is your MVP?  

145 members have voted

1. 1. MVP

• Drew Brees
    • Patrick Mahomes
    • Todd Gurley

Brees will win, but I think Mahomes has a stronger case than people are giving him credit for. Having probably the best running game in the NFL is a huge help to Brees (though he's undeniably been incredible this year).

Anywho, I think Brees deserves it, and considering his age and the fact that he's never won, he'll get it barring a collapse down the stretch. But I think Mahomes means roughly as much to his team as Brees does to his. I'd probably go with Luck as a distant 3rd.

Edited by DCOrange

15 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

@NoSaint years ago, probably 5 or 6, I professed not to believe Brees to be a HOF QB. I said I needed a few more years.  I've seen a few more years.  He is a HOF QB. 

Longevity was a fair concern at that point. He had a little but of a slow start to his career and then with the injury - how long would he last. The crazy thing is he might be playing his best ball ever. He’s making insane throws and outside of Thomas, it’s not a particularly good group of wr/te 

Edited by NoSaint

Just now, NoSaint said:

Longevity was a fair concern at that point. He had a littlevof a slow start to his career and then with the injury - how long would he last. The crazy thing is he might be playing his best ball ever. He’s making insane throws and outside of Thomas, it’s not a particularly good group of wr/te 

He would have been HOF lock 3 years ago he's had amazing seasons and supreme consistency on his "off years" if you can call it that.

I'm losing my grip on Mahomeboy for MVP but I still want to see Saints go on the road against another top tier team, Kansas or LA.. get out of that dome and punctuate his MVP race. Those 3 teams are playing in a league of their own the talent disparity is incredible.

2 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

He would have been HOF lock 3 years ago he's had amazing seasons and supreme consistency on his "off years" if you can call it that.

I'm losing my grip on Mahomeboy for MVP but I still want to see Saints go on the road against another top tier team, Kansas or LA.. get out of that dome and punctuate his MVP race. Those 3 teams are playing in a league of their own the talent disparity is incredible.

FWIW, they are undefeated on the road this year with an average margin of victory of 14 points. They can only play who is on their schedule. At Minnesota was a good win and the games at Dallas & Carolina will be tough. They are a machine at this point though. They are a tier ahead of everyone else. If the season ends this way and people have to go to the dome for the playoffs I like their chances. 

32 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

FWIW, they are undefeated on the road this year with an average margin of victory of 14 points. They can only play who is on their schedule. At Minnesota was a good win and the games at Dallas & Carolina will be tough. They are a machine at this point though. They are a tier ahead of everyone else. If the season ends this way and people have to go to the dome for the playoffs I like their chances. 

Who is going to play WR2? Tre’? Against better competition they will need someone reliable. Kirkwood didn’t look ready last night and I wouldn’t trust Marshall and his health.

Hey Arnold looks like he is taking snaps from Watson and Hill, that’s an improvement for them. 

5 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Who is going to play WR2? Tre’? Against better competition they will need someone reliable. Kirkwood didn’t look ready last night and I wouldn’t trust Marshall and his health.

Hey Arnold looks like he is taking snaps from Watson and Hill, that’s an improvement for them. 

Tre’Quan Smith will likely be the guy. Their offense is so well designed that everyone is open (and Brees always finds them). He threw 4 TDs yesterday to undrafted players. Those 4 guys had combined for 2 career TD catches prior to yesterday. They really are the ultimate “next man up” team. 

They never turn it over and are on pace to punt less than any team in history. They just score so often that they can’t be beaten. They will get a few stops on defense and win by 2 scores. I’ve been saying for a month and a half that they are winning the Super Bowl by 2 scores. I’m sticking to that. 

17 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Mahomeboy's on pace for 50+ TDs. Brees might break Nick Foles' illustrious 27-2 ratio, 1 Quarterback has gone 50+.

Brees lost it when he almost broke Dan Marino's seeming impossible passing record the same year Sean Alexander scored 30 TDs. TDs are king.

More TDs. What did Brees see when Sean Alexander had nearly 30 TDs. Amost any other year he'd be a shoe in but his 2 best seasons have happened when another player scores an ungodly amount of TDs. That's a lot of 7 point plays.

Mahomeboy is also still the favorite: -25.

And yet saints still have better record.  Why?  Because Brees didn’t lose them a game where he committed 5 turnovers in a game giving up 2 defensive TDs that they lost by 3 points...including game ending INT with chance to tie still.

Brees is playing better football.  TD numbers don’t matter.  I’d take a guy who finishes with 40TDs  and 1 int over a guy with 50 and 20 100% of the time and i would bet good money that the 40-1 guy has a better record every time.

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

And yet saints still have better record.  Why?  Because Brees didn’t lose them a game where he committed 5 turnovers in a game giving up 2 defensive TDs that they lost by 3 points...including game ending INT with chance to tie still.

Brees is playing better football.  TD numbers don’t matter.  I’d take a guy who finishes with 40TDs  and 1 int over a guy with 50 and 20 100% of the time and i would bet good money that the 40-1 guy has a better record every time.

Eh yeah I'm giving Brees the go ahead.. dude isn't losing no reason he isn't the runaway favorite. I DO want to see him get out of that dome against these top tier Chiefs or Rams games but not in the schedule and can't knock him for that.

TD numbers DO matter. Record breakers in those categories virtually always win the record. Though it's doubtful Mahomeboy tops Manning's record.

6 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Did you really just blame the QB for a loss when said QB's team dropped 51 points on their opponent? That's pretty crazy.

Mahomes is the MVP. Brees will win the MVP. 

On 11/23/2018 at 10:38 AM, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Eh yeah I'm giving Brees the go ahead.. dude isn't losing no reason he isn't the runaway favorite. I DO want to see him get out of that dome against these top tier Chiefs or Rams games but not in the schedule and can't knock him for that.

TD numbers DO matter. Record breakers in those categories virtually always win the record. Though it's doubtful Mahomeboy tops Manning's record.

Mahomes is having a sensational season, but highly unlikely he breaks Manning’s record.  

Like I said, Brees has earned it this far, that’s not a knock on Mahomes, it’s that Brees is playing perfect football.  

21 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Did you really just blame the QB for a loss when said QB's team dropped 51 points on their opponent? That's pretty crazy.

Mahomes is the MVP. Brees will win the MVP. 

Lmao.  Said QB had a heroic game and also turned the ball over personally FIVE times including 2 defensive TDs and an INT with chance to tie and steal game still.  

If you cant calculate how five turnovers and 2 defensive TDs contributed to a 3 point loss then you need to take a break from fantasy football for a while because you’ve lost touch between FF and NFL. 

Mahomes would swap out his game for Goff’s in a heartbeat where he had 4TDs and NO turnovers and a WIN over his 6TDs and 5 turnovers and a 3 point loss.

Edited by Alphadawg7

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Mahomes is having a sensational season, but highly unlikely he breaks Manning’s record.  

Like I said, Brees has earned it this far, that’s not a knock on Mahomes, it’s that Brees is playing perfect football.  

Lmao.  Said QB had a heroic game and also turned the ball over personally FIVE times including 2 defensive TDs and an INT with chance to tie and steal game still.  

If you cant calculate how five turnovers and 2 defensive TDs contributed to a 3 point loss then you need to take a break from fantasy football for a while because you’ve lost touch between FF and NFL. 

Mahomes would swap out his game for Goff’s in a heartbeat where he had 4TDs and NO turnovers and a WIN over his 6TDs and 5 turnovers and a 3 point loss.

Goff had 2 turnovers himself. One was returned for a touchdown.

Mahomes accounted for 6 TD and 5TO

Goff accounted for 5 TD and 2TO

Edited by Oldfan

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You think our QB will ever have a game like Mahomes had? Ever? Even considering the 5 TO's but 51 points. Chances are low. Goff had a more efficient game. What's your point?

You do not seem to have the ability to objectively judge Mahomes for obvious reasons. I could be wrong...but I doubt it.

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

If he breaks the record he's MVP highly unlikely though.. could see the Chiefs inflating padding his stats end of year to get him there tho. Like Beli did with Brady and Moss

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

You think our QB will ever have a game like Mahomes had? Ever? Even considering the 5 TO's but 51 points. Chances are low. Goff had a more efficient game. What's your point?

You do not seem to have the ability to objectively judge Mahomes for obvious reasons. I could be wrong...but I doubt it.

Those last two interceptions should be taken with a grain of salt. Bad INTs especially the first. But the second was just desparation mode to win. Beats running out of bounds on a hail Mary with half time ran out Peterman style.

He needed huge plays on those drives against prevent defense and a strong pass rush on the first int. Ain't faulting him for trying, those are the better kind of turnovers if you don't just look at the final statline. Obviously all Turnovers are bad, some better than others.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Oldfan said:

Goff had 2 turnovers himself. One was returned for a touchdown.

Mahomes accounted for 6 TD and 5TO

Goff accounted for 5 TD and 2TO

I was more generally speaking, I didn’t look up Goff’s stars hence why I said 4 and 0.  Just meant he would trade less Stats for a win in a heartbeat.

Edited by Alphadawg7