Any tailgate info @miami 12/1/18?

NewEra

It’s my wife’s 40th bday weekend. Current plan is to be in ft Lauderdale Saturday/Sunday and head to Disney world Monday-Friday.  Castillo is still the OL coach, so we’re thinking about changing our flights and have an extra few day’s in Disney World.  Neither of us have been there since the 80’s. 

But if its going to be a good tailgate showing and a fun Saturday night party, that experience is will probably outweigh a couple extra days in Disney.  Who’s going to the Miami game and  when/where are the parties and tailgates?  

Edit: I checked the tailgate forums and didn’t see anything.  Seems like the traffic over there is far and few so I’m posting here because I need the info asap to confirm the plans.  Thanks

Edited by NewEra

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Bump

I don’t know specifics about Miami, but we lived in Florida for 18 years. I’ve been to games in Tampa and Jacksonville,, and I’d expect a great turnout in Miami. Florida is full of ex-WNYers! We outnumbered Jags fans probably 4:1 on multiple occasions. Definitely worth looking into. Could be a lot of fun! 

The first time my parents came to visit us in FL, my parents sat in church next to some old friends from Buffalo. I took my dad ot to see the Bills game that day in a very dark bar (projection screens), he got out of his chair and literally bumped into a high school buddy he hadn’t seen in 50 years. I have no idea how they even recognized each other! At dinner that night....yep, he ran into a guy he used to work with. I’d been there a month, and they knew more people in a day than I did.

Edited by Augie
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Augie said:

I don’t know specifics about Miami, but we lived in Florida for 18 years. I’ve been to games in Tampa and Jacksonville,, and I’d expect a great turnout in Miami. Florida is full of ex-WNYers! We outnumbered Jags fans probably 4:1 on multiple occasions. Definitely worth looking into. Could be a lot of fun! 

The first time my parents came to visit us in FL, my parents sat in church next to some old friends from Buffalo. I took my dad ot to see the Bills game that day in a very dark bar (projection screens), he got out of his chair and literally bumped into a high school buddy he hadn’t seen in 50 years. I have no idea how they even recognized each other! At dinner that night....yep, he ran into a guy he used to work with. I’d been there a month, and they knew more people in a day than I did.

Yeah I hear it’s a huge mafia consistency down there.  Think I’m leaning towards going to Epcot that Sunday.  Anyone recall any spots within Epcot where we can take a break and watch the game?

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

Yeah I hear it’s a huge mafia consistency down there.  Think I’m leaning towards going to Epcot that Sunday.  Anyone recall any spots within Epcot where we can take a break and watch the game?

ESPN Club at Disney Boardwalk. If I remember correctly it is adjacent to EPCOT or  just a water taxi away.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m up in the air on Miami at this point. I tried to talk my brother into it last week but he wasn’t hearing it. The night before is usually at Shooters in Ft. Lauderdale (or at least it was for years). It’s a fun party. 

I live about 2 minutes from Shooters in FTL.

It's a lot of fun you are right!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m up in the air on Miami at this point. I tried to talk my brother into it last week but he wasn’t hearing it. The night before is usually at Shooters in Ft. Lauderdale (or at least it was for years). It’s a fun party. 

The Salvatore Shooters Party is long gone.  The bar is still called Shooters, but is  now an a upscale restaurant.  Salvatore now hosts a much smaller and low key invite only event elsewhere. 

....and yes the old parties were AWESOME!!!

Edited by LabattBlue

11 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

The Salvatore Shooters Party is long gone.  The bar is still called Shooters, but is  now an a upscale restaurant.  Salvatore now hosts a much smaller and low key invite only event elsewhere. 

....and yes the old parties were AWESOME!!!

They still had it after Salvatore stopped hosting it. I haven’t been to that game in a few years though. Where is the night before now?

Edited by Kirby Jackson

21 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They still had it after Salvatore stopped hosting it. I haven’t been to that game in a few years though. Where is the night before now?

Salvatore hosted at the Blue Martini a couple years ago.  Not sure about last year or this year.  

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

So the big party is invite only now huh?  Sounds typical of Miami folk. That’s a real bummer.  Changing the flight today.  

Looks like this is from last year: https://buffalonews.com/2017/12/30/bills-backers-club-ready-to-party-in-miami/

I don’t know if that is still the plan down there but it’s probably a decent starting point.

10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Looks like this is from last year: https://buffalonews.com/2017/12/30/bills-backers-club-ready-to-party-in-miami/

I don’t know if that is still the plan down there but it’s probably a decent starting point.

Thanks Kirby.  I’m so torn.  I’m sure it’ll be a great time.  Weather reports 2 weeks out are calling for rain Saturday and Sunday.  

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

So the big party is invite only now huh?  Sounds typical of Miami folk. That’s a real bummer.  Changing the flight today.  

Even in the wild Shooters days, you always needed a ticket to get in.  Bad choice of words from me in earlier post.  When I said "invite only", I meant it is a ticketed event, and I think the tickets are much harder to get than when party was much larger at Shooters.

Edited by LabattBlue

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

Even in the wild Shooters days, you always needed a ticket to get in.  Bad choice of words from me in earlier post.  When I said "invite only", I meant it is a ticketed event, and I think the tickets are much harder to get than when party was much larger at Shooters.

Gotcha.  Thank you.