Watching the Bills in Florida without Sunday Ticket

RobH063

We're going to be snowbirds next year in the Cocoa Beach Florida area and don't want to miss the Bills games. I know about DTV and NFL Sunday ticket but is there any other way to see all 16 games? Finding a Bills backer bar may not be easy so having a sure fire way to watch the games would be ideal. Anyone know how?

2 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

We're going to be snowbirds next year in the Cocoa Beach Florida area and don't want to miss the Bills games. I know about DTV and NFL Sunday ticket but is there any other way to see all 16 games? Finding a Bills backer bar may not be easy so having a sure fire way to watch the games would be ideal. Anyone know how?

Most sports bars/restaurants have the Sunday ticket. I'd be surprised if you had that hard a time finding a place that shows all the NFL games 

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

This is how I watch all the games including the Sabres. https://firewonder.com/collections/all/products/set-tv-the-best-premium-iptv-service

I also ha e 3 children in college and DTV has a deal for $99 per season for Sunday Ticket. They offer a student discount without a dish.

You will need a streaming device for both methods above.  Grab a Amazon Firestick. 

Or you could go here and watch it. http://www.brevardbillsbackers.com

Edited by bills7834

Sports bars are everywhere here in the Sunshine State. But if you prefer the comfy of your easy chair and hearing the broadcast, the answer is reddit. I’ve had DTV for 20 years, finally dropping it after last season. I bring up reddit on my iPad, send the signal to my smart tv and presto! HD game virtually live. I think it’s a couple seconds off the live feed but terrific.

I had the same issue for years. I ended up setting up a Slingbox in a apartment I had in Syracuse (work in Syracuse, lived in southern PA). 

If you will have a place in NY while in FL, I would recommend a Slingbox or Plex setup.

Both options would be setup in NY with a antenna, then you would watch the games via the Plex or Slingbox app on a phone or Appletv/Roku/Fire. You have to get the setup right, to ensure you have no issues while away.

Either option has some upfront cost and setup. I don’t know the legality of doing this, I’m sure the NFL fine print probably says you can’t do it, but would they ever do anything about it, I doubt it. It’s not like it’s being broadcast to a large audience like some of this online feeds.

Edited by gflande1

After I posted this thread, I found information on Bills Backer bars and saw http://www.brevardbillsbackers.com I'll go there most likely for most games but if I just don't feel like going somewhere, it would be nice to watch from the comfort of my 5th wheel. It looks like that bar will be less than 15 minutes from where I'll be staying.

Search google for “Reddit NFL streams”. 

Then click in the Bills game day thread. 

You may have to deal with closing a few pop-ups ads before you can start watching the game, but it’s totally free. 

You can can actually find any Sports game for free on Reddit. Just search for the corresponding sport. Google “Reddit (________) streams”. 

1 hour ago, gflande1 said:

If you will have a place in NY while in FL, I would recommend a Slingbox or Plex setup.

I'll second the Slingbox recommendation.  I've been using my Slingbox Pro-HD for five (5) seasons now with an initial cost of $75, so $15/yr by now - and it's been great.  Honestly people who come over to watch can't tell the difference between the antenna and the Slingbox.  I recommend the Slingbox Pro-HD (older model) as it is available now on eBay for $40 shipped and can have an antenna plugged in (it has an ATSC tuner built-in).  Just make sure it is set up for internet viewing before you leave for the year!

Reddit NFL streams have been about 80% for me, sometimes they get taken down during the game which is frustrating.  Slingbox, once set up, is pretty much 100%.

4 hours ago, RobH063 said:

Buy Sunday ticket. You can do it without DTV and stream the fans over the internet. I’ve been doing it for 10 years