The Tasom Hill Effect

Taysom Hill  

51 members have voted

1. 1. The Jack Back position

• Is Hill a new trend in the league that will become a new position ?
    • Is Hill just a fit for the Saints ?
    • Is he a gimmick ?

16 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Can he throw? I have yet to see him throw the football so right now he's a gimmicky wildcat player. If he can throw the ball efficiently then he could be special.

I have no idea how to link stuff but there is a forty four yard pass against the Vikings. A bit underthrown. 

https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2018/10/28/new-orleans-saints-minnesota-vikings-michael-thomas-taysom-hill/

Edited by MrEpsYtown

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They want the Big slot receiver who can be a 3rd down and red zone threat.  Greedy bastards! :lol:

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

Depth at wr is a need. They have a lot of talent but need more pass catchers 

Yeah, I guess I'm just depressed that a team that has put up over 45 points the past three weeks sees/has a need for WR's that we don't have a use for.

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Yeah, I guess I'm just depressed that a team that has put up over 45 points the past three weeks sees/has a need for WR's that we don't have a use for.

They also only had 4 healthy receivers (plus taysom)

53 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I think Lamar Jackson could do it and even Josh Allen if he doesn't pan out.

also Trace McSorley and Eric Dungey .

Agree with all of those guys. Lamar started to show it today. Taysom is different than the rest of them though because he is huge. I think that a bunch of these mobile QBs have a role as a Swiss Army knife moving forward. It is a copycat league and teams will try to emulate it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I think Tasom Hill is the reason the Saints are reaching a higher level of offense. But is he a gimmick  or is this a new position for the NFL ? Could call him the Jack Back.

I think their record setting QB plays a tiny part in their success on offense.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I think Tasom Hill is the reason the Saints are reaching a higher level of offense. But is he a gimmick  or is this a new position for the NFL ? Could call him the Jack Back.

RPOs are being run with great success all over the league. They are definitely going to increase next season as Mahomes and others clean up. Hill gives the Saints the ability to run those plays. I think teams will continue to look for guys like Hill, especially if you have a pocket passer starting. Lamar Jackson has been serving that role too.

In Drew Brees for mvp considerations... I don’t think folks realize how rough his WR Corp actually is behind Michael Thomas.

trequan is a rookie picked deep in round 3

Keith Kirkwood (Udfa fresh off the practice squad)

austin carr

thats it.

Their third string qb/special teams gunner might be their WR3 at the moment. I guess. 

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The whole darn league is scoring at record pace with the exception of a few teams who we won't name. ;)   Look at the players they have on offense who are getting even better such as Kamara and Thomas. They have a very well balanced and lethal attack with Payton and Brees directing along with all of those excellent players including one of the best OLs in the game.

they had those guys last year, I'm going with Taysom with the extra edge.

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

He ran a 4.44 at 230 lbs so there is certainly something there. But I think it's all about Sean Payton finding and athlete and being creative. 

Unfortunately, Hill would never work here because he is a Mormon. Not McDermott's cup of tea. ??

There are players with here with other denominations  that aren't in line with McDermott, this wouldn't be an issue.

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

Kamara and Ingram 

a relatively healthy line with depth

michael thomas

50m in dead money coming off the cap

drew being healthier than many years

and hill 

What issue did Drew have ?

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

Heck, I’ll add that since firing joe vitt that Sean Payton has been a beast and the teams 20-6 

Was he too old school?

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It should.  He never called me an idiot (before I became a mod) and I not-secretly feel deprived.

he's called me an idiot plenty but it's been awhile.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Agree with all of those guys. Lamar started to show it today. Taysom is different than the rest of them though because he is huge. I think that a bunch of these mobile QBs have a role as a Swiss Army knife moving forward. It is a copycat league and teams will try to emulate it.

Looks solid, but he’s listed as 6’2” and 220

2 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

It’s been almost an hour and no one has jumped on the egregious use of the word “affect”?

That’s not how this game is played. You’re supposed to make a comment about it being blunted, or labile, or irritable, etc. You’re not supposed to just point it out.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.