Mariota re-injures elbow

realtruelove

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

Mariotta is a guy who made it very clear as a rookie that he didn't have what it took to be an upper echelon QB.

It happens quite a bit. One only needs to look at the class of 2018.

I do agree that Mariota is garbage, but I’m not so sure on this year’s class yet.

On 11/18/2018 at 8:00 PM, MrEpsYtown said:

He's been hurt a lot, but what I saw today was a pocket collapsing in from poor tackle play. Again two top ten picks, plus Josh Kline and Quinton Spain who is probably a premier free agent guard this offseason. Something there isn't working. 

Honestly I just think they don't have enough talent on offense outside of Corey Davis. 

Tackles have been battling injuries basically all season. Mariota just doesn't release the ball quickly and runs a lot. Might be a lack of firepower but also Mariota just might not be good enough.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Rico said:

I do agree that Mariota is garbage, but I’m not so sure on this year’s class yet.

Yeah. I was being somewhat glib.

As much as I talk poorly of Allen, I'm starting to think he might end up the best of the bunch. Now keep in mind I don't love any of these guys. He's had the least amount of time, but none of them have really put up many wow moments. Darnold is a bust IMO. I don't like his mental makeup and I think he'll crumble under the NY pressure. Mayfield is one of those guys who could be the same mediocre player 10 years from now. He doesn't seem like a guy who will get dramatically better. Josh Rosen is the most accurate, but I've seen nothing from him.

If we create an offense where Allen doesn't have to be a precision passer and use his mobility, I could see him having success ala Trubisky and Newton.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/20/2018 at 1:32 PM, John from Riverside said:

Are You saying this to protect Josh Allen or because you want to see the other QB because the other QB is never going to be a franchise quarterback we need to know if Josh Allen has a chanceYou saying this to protect Josh Allen or because you want to see the other QB because the other QB is never going to be a franchise quarterback we need to know if Josh Allen has a chance

We do need to find out if Allen is our Franchise QB...but why play him if he's not 100%...I rather wait,  then rush him back, only to see him need a surgery, that could've been avoided.