Mariota re-injures elbow

realtruelove

28 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

He's been hurt a lot, but what I saw today was a pocket collapsing in from poor tackle play. Again two top ten picks, plus Josh Kline and Quinton Spain who is probably a premier free agent guard this offseason. Something there isn't working. 

Honestly I just think they don't have enough talent on offense outside of Corey Davis. 

You would think he’s got a good safety valve now with dion lewis to mitigate the trash at WR (besides Davis) but apparently not.

58 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Look I like Josh and all but come on man....THEY ARE FOOTBALL PLAYERS.....what is the point of getting a clydesdale type QB only to wrap him in bubble wrap and not play him........

If the dr says he is good to go......strap on those cleats sir

In no way is this the same situation

Yep........let er' rip........if it's going to tear completely then the sooner the better.

The UCL injury that Allen sustained will almost certainly never heal completely........a week doesn't mean sh*t for an injury that would probably requires years of relative inactivity to regenerate......... the Bills just gotta' hope it never pops.

Maybe they get lucky and it doesn't pop for another 5 years and by then they can repair it much more quickly.:thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

You would think he’s got a good safety valve now with dion lewis to mitigate the trash at WR (besides Davis) but apparently not.

Agreed. It seems like they aren't  really using Lewis the right way. I thought Matt LaFleur would do a lot more. I guess he really was just Sean McVay's caddie. 

59 minutes ago, Augie said:

I pray we have better doctors than the Dolphins did when they passed on Brees. 

I’m also eternally thankful that the Dolphin doctors whiffed! 

Imagine Brees and Brady in the same division as the Bills for close to 15 years..

What a nightmare that would be. Not that the last 15 years haven’t been a nightmare or anything lol

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yep........let er' rip........if it's going to tear completely then the sooner the better.

The UCL injury that Allen sustained will almost certainly never heal completely........a week doesn't mean sh*t for an injury that would probably requires years of relative inactivity to regenerate......... the Bills just gotta' hope it never pops.

Maybe they get lucky and it doesn't pop for another 5 years and by then they can repair it much more quickly.:thumbsup:

This is probably TOTALLY unrelated, but a tennis buddy wrecked his elbow. Terrible pain and a big setback in his ability to get out on the courts. They talked about surgery, or if it’s better to wait and wait and see if it heals. Eventually he learned that if it went ahead and completely tore, his pain would end and there would be no negative consequences. I don’t trust doctors.......

Mariotta got smashes badly on the play he was hurt he got tackled by like 4 different people from 3 different directions and 3 more people fell on top of him after. It was just real awkward. Plus he got hit helmet to helmet pretty late while defenseless.

Similar to joshes injury, no flag on anyone was thrown which is a total joke in my opinion.

If it was Brady there would have been 10 flags down

26 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Imagine Brees and Brady in the same division as the Bills for close to 15 years..

What a nightmare that would be. Not that the last 15 years haven’t been a nightmare or anything lol

It certainly would have helped prevent mediocrity...........the Bills would have been worse without those Dolphins W's.

That in itself wouldn't have made things any better sooner.......but don't tell that to the people here who thought mediocrity itself was holding the team back.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It certainly would have helped prevent mediocrity...........the Bills would have been worse without those Dolphins W's.

That in itself wouldn't have made things any better sooner.......but don't tell that to the people here who thought mediocrity itself was holding the team back.

Fair points

9 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

That's right, because odds sadly tell us that the Bills would have squandered the better draft picks be it by trade, or ill advised picks that lead to losses.

I know that we say it every year but in the 2019, the Bills stand a great chance to do things right. They absolutely must give Allen weapons and protection and the opportunity is there if they are smart.

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Using premier picks on linemen doesn't always help. 

Well, it sure does help much of the time, or so I think. The qb has to get rid of the ball and good play calling helps as well.

Still, I agree with the above as written. The same would certainly also apply to cornerbacks running backs, and every other position (except QB), no? :)

Edited by Bill from NYC

On 11/18/2018 at 8:31 PM, John from Riverside said:

Look I like Josh and all but come on man....THEY ARE FOOTBALL PLAYERS.....what is the point of getting a clydesdale type QB only to wrap him in bubble wrap and not play him........

If the dr says he is good to go......strap on those cleats sir

In no way is this the same situation

Yeah....that sounds like the right way to think about it.....WRONG.

6 hours ago, Jaywrizzo said:

Yeah....that sounds like the right way to think about it.....WRONG.

Are You saying this to protect Josh Allen or because you want to see the other QB because the other QB is never going to be a franchise quarterback we need to know if Josh Allen has a chanceYou saying this to protect Josh Allen or because you want to see the other QB because the other QB is never going to be a franchise quarterback we need to know if Josh Allen has a chance

• Like (+1) 1