Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
realtruelove

Mariota re-injures elbow

Recommended Posts

Similar injury that Josh has.  Maybe we should shut down Josh for the year and let him watch and get totally healed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, realtruelove said:

Similar injury that Josh has.  Maybe we should shut down Josh for the year and let him watch and get totally healed.

I don't know if the doctors say he's good to go I'd probably listen to them.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, realtruelove said:

Similar injury that Josh has.  Maybe we should shut down Josh for the year and let him watch and get totally healed.

 

Mariota has a nerve injury while Allen's is a UCL. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I don't know if the doctors say he's good to go I'd probably listen to them.

 

If he needs another week or two "TO BE SURE" they ought to do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I don't know if the doctors say he's good to go I'd probably listen to them.

Nonsense!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Allen practiced all last week. I'd be shocked if he isn't 100% this week, especially after a week off 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two top ten tackles and he's still hurt. Is he getting smashed? Is it just a freak thing? Or is it that Mariota is soft? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

 

Mariota has a nerve injury while Allen's is a UCL. 

Yep.  Nerve injuries can be tricky I've had one in my elbow myself.  The UCL is obviously very important because of throwing but I feel like if the drs say the ligament is ok then he should be ready to go.

26 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Two top ten tackles and he's still hurt. Is he getting smashed? Is it just a freak thing? Or is it that Mariota is soft? 

Have u ever had a nerve injury?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I don't know if the doctors say he's good to go I'd probably listen to them.

Uh huh.  Like when the doctors said RGIII and his badly injured knee were good to go and he subsequently almost left the lower part of his leg on the field as they carted him off shortly thereafter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look I like Josh and all but come on man....THEY ARE FOOTBALL PLAYERS.....what is the point of getting a clydesdale type QB only to wrap him in bubble wrap and not play him........

 

If the dr says he is good to go......strap on those cleats sir

1 minute ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Uh huh.  Like when the doctors said RGIII and his badly injured knee were good to go and he subsequently almost left the lower part of his leg on the field as they carted him off shortly thereafter.

In no way is this the same situation

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's just getting pounded every year. I'd be surprised if he plays much past age 30

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I pray we have better doctors than the Dolphins did when they passed on Brees. 

 

 

I’m also eternally thankful that the Dolphin doctors whiffed! 

 

 

 

.

Edited by Augie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Skins Malone said:

 

Have u ever had a nerve injury?

 

Im just saying, the dude is always hurt. 

9 minutes ago, stuvian said:

He's just getting pounded every year. I'd be surprised if he plays much past age 30

 

Thats the point I was trying to make in the Jonah Williams thread. They spent two top ten picks on bookend tackles and he still gets his ass kicked. Using premier picks on linemen doesn't always help. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

 

Im just saying, the dude is always hurt. 

 

Thats the point I was trying to make in the Jonah Williams thread. They spent two top ten picks on bookend tackles and he still gets his ass kicked. Using premier picks on linemen doesn't always help. 

Is he scrambling too much or is he just not durable?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Other than nerve/ucl, what are we even discussing? Hypothetical situations in regard to something no one knows the actual specs of? How in the world can you even form an opinion one way or the other based on something you know nothing about? Typing just to type

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, stuvian said:

Is he scrambling too much or is he just not durable?

 

He's been hurt a lot, but what I saw today was a pocket collapsing in from poor tackle play. Again two top ten picks, plus Josh Kline and Quinton Spain who is probably a premier free agent guard this offseason. Something there isn't working. 

 

Honestly I just think they don't have enough talent on offense outside of Corey Davis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

 

He's been hurt a lot, but what I saw today was a pocket collapsing in from poor tackle play. Again two top ten picks, plus Josh Kline and Quinton Spain who is probably a premier free agent guard this offseason. Something there isn't working. 

 

Honestly I just think they don't have enough talent on offense outside of Corey Davis. 

Their playcalling hasn't changed much since the Jeff Fisher days

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, stuvian said:

He's just getting pounded every year. I'd be surprised if he plays much past age 30

 

 

Will you warn us when he's done? 😎

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

 

He's been hurt a lot, but what I saw today was a pocket collapsing in from poor tackle play. Again two top ten picks, plus Josh Kline and Quinton Spain who is probably a premier free agent guard this offseason. Something there isn't working. 

 

Honestly I just think they don't have enough talent on offense outside of Corey Davis. 

You would think he’s got a good safety valve now with dion lewis to mitigate the trash at WR (besides Davis) but apparently not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Look I like Josh and all but come on man....THEY ARE FOOTBALL PLAYERS.....what is the point of getting a clydesdale type QB only to wrap him in bubble wrap and not play him........

 

If the dr says he is good to go......strap on those cleats sir

In no way is this the same situation

 

 

Yep........let er' rip........if it's going to tear completely then the sooner the better.

 

The UCL injury that Allen sustained will almost certainly never heal completely........a week doesn't mean sh*t for an injury that would probably requires years of relative inactivity to regenerate......... the Bills just gotta' hope it never pops.

 

Maybe they get lucky and it doesn't pop for another 5 years and by then they can repair it much more quickly.:thumbsup:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

You would think he’s got a good safety valve now with dion lewis to mitigate the trash at WR (besides Davis) but apparently not.

Agreed. It seems like they aren't  really using Lewis the right way. I thought Matt LaFleur would do a lot more. I guess he really was just Sean McVay's caddie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Augie said:

I pray we have better doctors than the Dolphins did when they passed on Brees. 

 

 

I’m also eternally thankful that the Dolphin doctors whiffed! 

 

 

 

.

Imagine Brees and Brady in the same division as the Bills for close to 15 years..

 

What a nightmare that would be. Not that the last 15 years haven’t been a nightmare or anything lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

 

 

Yep........let er' rip........if it's going to tear completely then the sooner the better.

 

The UCL injury that Allen sustained will almost certainly never heal completely........a week doesn't mean sh*t for an injury that would probably requires years of relative inactivity to regenerate......... the Bills just gotta' hope it never pops.

 

Maybe they get lucky and it doesn't pop for another 5 years and by then they can repair it much more quickly.:thumbsup:

 

 

This is probably TOTALLY unrelated, but a tennis buddy wrecked his elbow. Terrible pain and a big setback in his ability to get out on the courts. They talked about surgery, or if it’s better to wait and wait and see if it heals. Eventually he learned that if it went ahead and completely tore, his pain would end and there would be no negative consequences. I don’t trust doctors.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×