McDermott gave his players the boot for the Bye Week

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

I personally never had a doubt. I think he's going to be here a long time. Just the way he communicates with his players and his ability to get the most out of very little , he seems like he was born to be a HC .

and his plan for building and running a team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I got my wife a pair of those boots for Christmas last year. They seem nice and warm. Probably gonna give her a contract extension too. 

I did the same thing. Are we married to the same person, and some broad out there is strutting around with two pairs of new boots?

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I personally never had a doubt. I think he's going to be here a long time. Just the way he communicates with his players and his ability to get the most out of very little , he seems like he was born to be a HC .

Having worked for companies that constantly re-org I see first hand how organizations can end up in cycles of constant rebuilding. That is not to say that there is not a right time for a fresh Front Office start for some, but this just is not the case for this team which has one side of the ball figured out with a #1 defense, and have found the QB they want to groom and have a slew of draft picks and cap money to spend to help the other side of the ball next year.

The McBeane combo is the right solution for a Bills squad that was top-heavy with underachievers with high-salaries. Some players I felt bad about because they were just injury prone, but the team, it's cap, and its drafting was in poor shape -  McDermott and Beane knew what they were stepping into, and so did the Pegulas. Surprised that some fans seemed to be so unaware of the situation and what it would take to correct it.

I even like the Daboll hire as I think he is usually able to craft a game plan that matches the talent he is given - even if it is chuck full of weak links. Love to see what he can do with a QB who starts to come of age with a few better pieces on the o-line and receiving threats.

Edited by WideNine
just a typo
  • Like (+1) 1

For those asking about the boots -

https://www.sorel.com/collections/winter/?mid=paidsearch&nid=SOR|Brand|Boots|Google|Exact|USA&oid=Boots_General&did=sorel boots&eid=Google+Adwords+US&s_kwcid=AL!3937!3!256742421554!e!!g!!sorel boots&ef_id=W-IIPAAAAPJpAxM5:20181119004933:s&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_K7e7Z3f3gIVEdbACh0dxAbUEAAYASAAEgJEr_D_BwE#prefn1=genderGroup&prefv1=Men

Cheapest pair of Men’s boots I see listed is $140. 

They range from $140 to $250. They are supposed to be really high quality. 

Edit - I lie. Cheapest pair is $110. 

Edited by BillsFan4

2 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I got my wife a pair of those boots for Christmas last year. They seem nice and warm. Probably gonna give her a contract extension too. 

Use the franchise tag on her Duke, just in case she gets lazy or something.   You might want to pick up a free agent down the road....

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dubs said:

Unrelated: Absolutely shocked there isn’t a Lamar Jackson thread that goes something like:

Did you see Lamar today, McBean deserves to be fired!! Aaarrrggghhhhhhh ??

I fired myself already for starting Fitz over Lamar in Fantasy. You can never go one week too late on Fitz. Tried to stretch it out when i should have known the cycle was trending toward the next stage and got burned. Lamar doubled his points

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

After giving her the boots did you tell her that since she is now bettered outfitted to deal with the snow than you are that she should shovel the sidewalk and driveway? :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, JohnC said:

After giving her the boots did you tell her that since she is now bettered outfitted to deal with the snow than you are that she should shovel the sidewalk and driveway? :ph34r:

I was planning on doing it in steps. The shovel is coming this Christmas, along with some warm gloves. 

Edited by RaoulDuke79
  • Haha (+1) 1