Alex Smith suffers serious leg injury on anniversary of Theismann’s (could be career ending)

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

Not the same stadium as the Skins played at RFK back in the 1980's.  With proper sympathy now expressed for Smith can we now talk about curses?

i would hope fans could tell the diff between RFK and a modern stadium

6 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Ditto. I'm no doctor but I doubt that injury is career threatening. I could be wrong though. Even though I have a strong stomach, I understand how painful that must of been. This is why I have no problem with what LeVeon Bell did.

yes til bell. He screwed himself and his team, he's not getting the money he wants and who wants a super self absorbed player on their team.

6 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

A Barbarian is a cold, callous, and uncaring soul. Thus, someone getting their leg snapped like a twig has no effect on you. Lol

Wasn't thinking about my name as a username.

Although the meat grinder scene in kingsman was a little rough.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

35 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

yes til bell. He screwed himself and his team, he's not getting the money he wants and who wants a super self absorbed player on their team.

Disagree completely. What happened to Alex Smith could've happened to Bell. Would you really risk 50m to play for a team that's lowballing you? That's what a grunt would do. Bell played it right. His career could end at any moment.

Just now, NewDayBills said:

Disagree completely. What happened to Alex Smith could've happened to Bell. Would you really risk 50m to play for a team that's lowballing you? That's what a grunt would do. Bell played it right. His career could end at any moment.

and it still could so what's the difference. He's never making this money back and no one is paying him over 14, he might as well retire.

22 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

He could be hit by a bus tomorrow!

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

and it still could so what's the difference. He's never making this money back and no one is paying him over 14, he might as well retire.

I think he'll get over 14. He'll be the highest paid RB in the NFL. Sitting out was insurance, but of course he'll take a hit. It's all about guaranteed money.

48 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I think he'll get over 14. He'll be the highest paid RB in the NFL. Sitting out was insurance, but of course he'll take a hit. It's all about guaranteed money.

RBs are a dime a dozen. 

if he is willing to sit out this year what is to stop him every time he wants more?? No team wants this headache nor to set the precedent of appeasing malcontents.