Jump to content
YoloinOhio

Alex Smith suffers serious leg injury on anniversary of Theismann’s (could be career ending)

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Disagree completely. What happened to Alex Smith could've happened to Bell. Would you really risk 50m to play for a team that's lowballing you? That's what a grunt would do. Bell played it right. His career could end at any moment.

 

He could be hit by a bus tomorrow!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

 

and it still could so what's the difference. He's never making this money back and no one is paying him over 14, he might as well retire.

 

 

I think he'll get over 14. He'll be the highest paid RB in the NFL. Sitting out was insurance, but of course he'll take a hit. It's all about guaranteed money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I think he'll get over 14. He'll be the highest paid RB in the NFL. Sitting out was insurance, but of course he'll take a hit. It's all about guaranteed money.

 

RBs are a dime a dozen. 

 

if he is willing to sit out this year what is to stop him every time he wants more?? No team wants this headache nor to set the precedent of appeasing malcontents.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, mrags said:

Meh. Was nasty. Wasn’t as nasty as Theisman, McGahee, Prothro though. 

Tell Smith that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

 

RBs are a dime a dozen. 

 

if he is willing to sit out this year what is to stop him every time he wants more?? No team wants this headache nor to set the precedent of appeasing malcontents.

 

 

 

#1 - Someone will pay him.

#2 - RBs of his caliber are not a dime a dozen.

#3 - He is not a malcontent.

#4 - He will be broken down by the time he reaches his third contract.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NewDayBills said:

#1 - Someone will pay him.

#2 - RBs of his caliber are not a dime a dozen.

#3 - He is not a malcontent.

#4 - He will be broken down by the time he reaches his third contract.

 

not happening, give it a rest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Wasnt McGahees a Knee? I could be wrong hmmmm

It was a knee. Was still nastier than theisman, Smith, and prothro. 

3 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Tell Smith that.

I watched the replays and he barely winced. I guess he was just in shock and couldn’t feel it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Just saw this on Twitter. Very scary for Alex

snip_20181206105520.png

that is very scary stuff.  Get well Alex!

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

infections....

 

better to get hit on turf

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel really bad for him. I know he’s set money wise, but you hate to see a career end this way. He’s always seemed like a first class guy.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I feel really bad for him. I know he’s set money wise, but you hate to see a career end this way. He’s always seemed like a first class guy.

 

 

...exactly.......surgical infection is serious stuff.............loss of limb or even life?....pray for the kid to pull through............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Infections are no joke. I had one in my leg and it messed me up for over a month. Mine was not even bad enough to require surgery they figured it was MRSA and it was caught early. With his needing surgery to get rid of infected tissue I hope he is well and can lead a normal life. Playing football at this point is just icing on top. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×