YoloinOhio

Alex Smith suffers serious leg injury on anniversary of Theismann’s (could be career ending)

1 hour ago, mrags said:

Meh. Was nasty. Wasn’t as nasty as Theisman, McGahee, Prothro though. 

look at the video where he is down, he leg is bending at his shin.

Tim Krumrie in the Super Bowl is still the worst I saw as it hapened.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

Definitely ironic, but what significance does 33 years have? If both qbs were 33 then maybe it'd freak me out a little 

Same position, same team, same date (November 18th), and lost by the same score

Wish Alex the best, he has been a true professional through his career's ups and downs.

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mrags said:

Meh. Was nasty. Wasn’t as nasty as Theisman, McGahee, Prothro though. 

Wow flashback, I was a fan of Prothro and wanted the Bills to draft him. Yeah McGahee’s injury was gruesome.

I really feel for the guy. My wife and I were able to meet him last winter as we happened to be dining at the same restaurant. He was there with his family and kids. Very low key. When they finished their dinner my wife asked to take a picture with him and he was very nice about it. He chatted with us for a couple of minutes and they went on their way. I hope he has a speedy recovery. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

What sucks is that division is so bad, Redskins could have won it with smith 

yeah i know...if i'm a skins fan so far this season i would be thinking ....we could take this thing and be postseason again....but now....uggh

Conflicted on this - always liked Smith but absolutely hate Dan Snyder. Never want to see Washington win anything with Dan in charge. Season’s now likely over with Smith out. Hope he makes a full recovery and comes back though.

Well, add the Redskins to the list of teams that are really going to want to draft a QB this year.

Dam that sucks. Smith and The Redskins were having a good season probably could have won the division. They probably have to move on from Smith long term too despite the fact that they probably had 2-3 high-end years of Smith left. I hope Smith recovers but this could be a career ender or at the very least an injury that ends both his 2018 and 2019 seasons. 

Colt McCoy has been a real solid backup for them and knows the system well.  I think he will hold down the fort and play well.  Awful for Smith, hopefully he recovers ok. 

Colt could be the next Keenum. Or the whole team could flop.

Sucks for Smith, I don't think you'll see him play again. He's old enough that he might just call it a day. Hard to come back from something like that mentally.

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

That kind of stuff freaks me out 

One of our simulation overlords isn't a Redskins fan apparently.

I will not be watching that play again. Feel awful for him. Alex Smith is a great story and seems like an even better dude. Hope he can make it back with the help of modern medicine. 

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

No Peterman? No Condi Rice? 

Heard a guy named Peterman is available!  He's a great backup QB as long as he never has to see the field!!

Smith is having his worse season since he had the fortune of playing under Harbaugh and then Reid so I don't know if McCoy is even a drop off.  

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Steptide said:

Definitely ironic, but what significance does 33 years have? If both qbs were 33 then maybe it'd freak me out a little 

Smith is 34 and Joe the throw was 36.

Same date, same score and 33 years is weird enough

BTW  it looks like Alexs career may be over too.

Thats a tough injury to over come in your 20's let alone mid 30's

5 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Have seen worse, hate to see him in that pain but watching that stuff doesn't bother me.

Ditto. I'm no doctor but I doubt that injury is career threatening. I could be wrong though. Even though I have a strong stomach, I understand how painful that must of been. This is why I have no problem with what LeVeon Bell did.

12 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

Sorry to hear that. I still remember the Theismann injury like it was yesterday.

.......it is a painful memory............

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.......it is a painful memory............

It's something that stays embedded in the memory bank. I broke my tibia and fibula in the wilderness 4 years ago. When I had a buddy on the radio he asked, "How bad is it?'
I said "Think Joe Theisman". No more questions were needed.

i wish they would stop doing this stuff on my birthday...the cake didn't taste as great