Alex Smith suffers serious leg injury on anniversary of Theismann’s (could be career ending)

YoloinOhio

My buddy could hear the leg snap on the sidelines. The entire stadium all went "OOHHHGGG" simultaneously.

Jay Gruden says he seriously considered signing Kaepernick. Sure Redskins LMAO. Go sign Josh Johnson and Mark Sanchez and blow your NFCE chances and pretend you thought Kaepernick wouldn't be able to get up to speed with the playbook like Sanchez and Johnson (who hasn't taken a snap since 2015)

They could easily compete with Dallas if Kaep is anywhere near his last season performance. Smart football decision Skins.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

My buddy could hear the leg snap on the sidelines. The entire stadium all went "OOHHHGGG" simultaneously.

Jay Gruden says he seriously considered signing Kaepernick. Sure Redskins LMAO. Go sign Josh Johnson and Mark Sanchez and blow your NFCE chances and pretend you thought Kaepernick wouldn't be able to get up to speed with the playbook like Sanchez and Johnson (who hasn't taken a snap since 2015)

They could easily compete with Dallas if Kaep is anywhere near his last season performance. Smart football decision Skins.

No team will take Kaep and there’s a lot of excuses around how he hasn’t played a snap.  Or, about how San Francisco benched him for not fitting their model.  Honestly San Francisco ownership is a regime which turned on Harbaugh; it’s last great Coach in hubris.  Anyone want to take a chance and hire Tomsula would any fan of Buffalo want him over McDermott?  

I feel terrible for Smith. I hope he recovers and resumes his career.  He is not an elite qb but he is a guy who knows how to play the position.  All the best to him.

and putting on my conspiracy hat, interesting timing with the Smith news and Reuben Foater’s victim speaking out.  ?

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/6/2018 at 1:50 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

I feel terrible for Smith. I hope he recovers and resumes his career.  He is not an elite qb but he is a guy who knows how to play the position.  All the best to him.

and putting on my conspiracy hat, interesting timing with the Smith news and Reuben Foater’s victim speaking out.  ?

“Tomsula employed new coaching practices, which included giving his players breaks to check social media during meetings, shorter, easier practices,and more days off.The result was one of the worst offenses in team history. Scoring only 238 points”

Nobody will ever defend Tomsula or want him as their Head Coach.  Snyder if anyone remembers; made many racist comments and remarks in the past.  Picking up Kaep to Snyder would be akin to creating a monument for Brigadier General Joshua Lawerence Chamberlain and the 20th Maine.  

17 minutes ago, Joeziehmer said:

No team will take Kaep and there’s a lot of excuses around how he hasn’t played a snap.  Or, about how San Francisco benched him for not fitting their model.  Honestly San Francisco ownership is a regime which turned on Harbaugh; it’s last great Coach in hubris.  Anyone want to take a chance and hire Tomsula would any fan of Buffalo want him over McDermott?  

Elway said he offered him a contract. He's making enough in endorsements and such that I doubt he actually NEEDS to play football. I bet his asking price is a way bigger turn off than the fact that he might kneel.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/6/2018 at 2:01 PM, Joeziehmer said:

“Tomsula employed new coaching practices, which included giving his players breaks to check social media during meetings, shorter, easier practices,and more days off.The result was one of the worst offenses in team history. Scoring only 238 points”

Nobody will ever defend Tomsula or want him as their Head Coach.  Snyder if anyone remembers; made many racist comments and remarks in the past.  Picking up Kaep to Snyder would be akin to creating a monument for Brigadier General Joshua Lawerence Chamberlain and the 20th Maine.  

Dude, I feel like I need a Joeziehmer to English dictionary.

What in the name of God does the Redskins defensive line coach have anything to do with Alex Smith?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Joeziehmer said:

“Tomsula...

C.Biscuit made a comment about Smith and then Foster, your response to him has nothing to do with his comment, so what the hell was the purpose of it? Furthermore, why did your comment need to be in extra large font?

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I feel really bad for him. I know he’s set money wise, but you hate to see a career end this way. He’s always seemed like a first class guy.

It's terrible, but his career is in all likelihood over. He's likable, so I'm bummed for him. He actually did have a good career, and teams he QB'd for went 75-35 since 2011.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

It's terrible, but his career is in all likelihood over. He's likable, so I'm bummed for him. He actually did have a good career, and teams he QB'd for went 75-35 since 2011.

He was a great game manager. He would burn defenses running and when no one expected him to throw downfield, he often succeeded even though he rarely did it. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

On 11/19/2018 at 12:10 AM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Have seen worse, hate to see him in that pain but watching that stuff doesn't bother me.

I get through it by imagining its Brady.  Creates a euphoric feeling instead.

5 hours ago, Joeziehmer said:

If I had to choose between Tomsula and Kapernicks fake @$$.  I take Tomsula.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Luka said:

Elway said he offered him a contract. He's making enough in endorsements and such that I doubt he actually NEEDS to play football. I bet his asking price is a way bigger turn off than the fact that he might kneel.

The “Elway offered him a contract” story is a bit misleading when you actually look at the timeline, as it was when Kaepernick was still with the 49ers, not after he opted out of his deal:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/john-elway-blames-colin-kaepernick-for-no-job-had-his-chance-to-be-here-omits-key-fact/amp/

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/broncos-john-elway-on-trading-for-49ers-colin-kaepernick-its-dormant/

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Just saw this on Twitter. Very scary for Alex

snip_20181206105520.png

NFL facilities have been fighting devastating MRSA bacteria problems for a while...last place you want an exposed wound. Thought they had a handle on it after the Browns had to virtually nuke their facilities a few years ago after MRSA ended some players careers, but prob something that will always be a threat around the league if staff and players get lax on prevention.

2 minutes ago, WideNine said:

NFL facilities have been fighting devastating MRSA bacteria problems for a while...last place you want an exposed wound. Thought they had a handle on it after the Browns had to virtually nuke their facilities a few years ago after MRSA ended some players careers, but prob something that will always be a threat around the league if staff and players get lax on prevention.

Yeesh this is horrible.. get healthy Alex Smith

I'm not concerned about his playing career, I worry about him keeping his leg or worse.

Infections in wounds like this are really really bad. If it is like MRSA that can lead to septic shock.

Not good at all. Good luck Alex Smith.

Always a classy guy, a professional and became a good player.

Edited by RocCityRoller

...I really hope this kid gets better....my late mother contracted pseudomonas infection, but not until 8 weeks post hip replacement surgery......in hospital for 8 days and they actually reopened the incision and "power washed" her for 90 minutes with potent antibiotics.....was on Cipro (same antibiotic used on the anthrax patients) for two months which worked.....you can do this Alex..........:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

At his age and with the severity of the break I figured this would be career ending to be honest. Hopefully he makes a speedy and full recovery for quality of life after football. I'd be utterly shocked if ever takes another snap in the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 1