Alex Smith suffers serious leg injury on anniversary of Theismann’s (could be career ending)

YoloinOhio

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

That kind of stuff freaks me out 

One of our simulation overlords isn't a Redskins fan apparently.

I will not be watching that play again. Feel awful for him. Alex Smith is a great story and seems like an even better dude. Hope he can make it back with the help of modern medicine. 

11 hours ago, Steptide said:

Definitely ironic, but what significance does 33 years have? If both qbs were 33 then maybe it'd freak me out a little 

Smith is 34 and Joe the throw was 36.

Same date, same score and 33 years is weird enough

BTW  it looks like Alexs career may be over too.

Thats a tough injury to over come in your 20's let alone mid 30's

5 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Have seen worse, hate to see him in that pain but watching that stuff doesn't bother me.

Ditto. I'm no doctor but I doubt that injury is career threatening. I could be wrong though. Even though I have a strong stomach, I understand how painful that must of been. This is why I have no problem with what LeVeon Bell did.

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.......it is a painful memory............

It's something that stays embedded in the memory bank. I broke my tibia and fibula in the wilderness 4 years ago. When I had a buddy on the radio he asked, "How bad is it?'
I said "Think Joe Theisman". No more questions were needed.

43 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

It's something that stays embedded in the memory bank. I broke my tibia and fibula in the wilderness 4 years ago. When I had a buddy on the radio he asked, "How bad is it?'

Tough break...literally. How old were you when it happened and how long until you recovered? Hopefully, you recovered ok.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Joe said:

...sure hope you're ok now.........:thumbsup:....gruesome stuff.....

• Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

Tough break...literally. How old were you when it happened and how long until you recovered? Hopefully, you recovered ok.

Thanks for your concern..
I was 58 at the time. I now have a titanium rod in my tibia and plate and screws in my fibula. It's quite the story and I should probably tell it in Off The Wall since this thread is about Alex Smith and Joe Theismann.
Hopefully Alex has been as conservative with his money as he is with his quarterbacking and can think about "walking" away from the live action.

Edited by Uncle Joe

17 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

That kind of stuff freaks me out 

Both injuries happened on the same yard line in the same stadium, both games had the same final score, and both had their legs broken by the only two 3-time NFL defensive players of the year.

Cue twilight zone music.

Edited by CLTbills

9 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Both injuries happened on the same yard line in the same stadium, both games had the same final score, and both had their legs broken by the only two 3-time NFL defensive players of the year.

Cue twilight zone music.

Not the same stadium as the Skins played at RFK back in the 1980's.  With proper sympathy now expressed for Smith can we now talk about curses?