Alex Smith suffers serious leg injury on anniversary of Theismann’s (could be career ending)

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, 3rd Inning said:

McCoy didn't look too bad and the division isn't that strong. They still have a chance to pull this out.

He’s not the worst backup in the league, but he is what he is. At 6-4 it’s going to be tough now with Dallas’s OL getting healthy, addition of Amari cooper and Zeke picking up steam.

1 hour ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Both games finished 23-21 as well.

I just heard that both injuries took place at the 40 yard line.

EDIT: don't believe everything you hear. According to ESPN play by play Smith was sacked at the 37.

Edited by SinceThe70s

2 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

Sorry to hear that. I still remember the Theismann injury like it was yesterday.

Watching with 40 in the dorm common room, half left the room by the third time they showed it gleefully in slow motion replay

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

Definitely ironic, but what significance does 33 years have? If both qbs were 33 then maybe it'd freak me out a little 

Same position, same team, same date (November 18th), and lost by the same score

Wish Alex the best, he has been a true professional through his career's ups and downs.

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 1

I really feel for the guy. My wife and I were able to meet him last winter as we happened to be dining at the same restaurant. He was there with his family and kids. Very low key. When they finished their dinner my wife asked to take a picture with him and he was very nice about it. He chatted with us for a couple of minutes and they went on their way. I hope he has a speedy recovery. 

• Like (+1) 1

Dam that sucks. Smith and The Redskins were having a good season probably could have won the division. They probably have to move on from Smith long term too despite the fact that they probably had 2-3 high-end years of Smith left. I hope Smith recovers but this could be a career ender or at the very least an injury that ends both his 2018 and 2019 seasons. 

Colt could be the next Keenum. Or the whole team could flop.

Sucks for Smith, I don't think you'll see him play again. He's old enough that he might just call it a day. Hard to come back from something like that mentally.