Thoughts on not making Anthony Lynn our HC?

Virgil

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I know.......voodu.......indian burial ground........ghosts of people Ralph mistreated.........we needed a magician to re-introduce Jauron Ball and Peterman.

There's nothing magical going on here folks.............it's just football.........any team can be turned around pretty quickly with good GM/HC work.

Of course it can, but your magic wand is not going to make it happen overnight! Why can't you guys show some patience, I know we live in a fast food society but your playoff team is not going to be built while your waiting at the pick up window! It's not reality TV where the world gets fixed in sixty minutes!

9 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Of course it can, but your magic wand is not going to make it happen overnight! Why can't you guys show some patience, I know we live in a fast food society but your playoff team is not going to be built while your waiting at the pick up window! It's not reality TV where the world gets fixed in sixty minutes!

I can’t remember, were we a playoff team last year?

McD should stay because we made the playoffs or McD should stay because this team sucks now? It’s so hard to keep track.

13 minutes ago, vorpma said:

It's REALLY easy to lose and say "be patient" when you haven't had a 10 win season in a couple decades.

You accept losing.........it's in your DNA now if you are a Bills organization apologist.

I get that McBeane screwed up this season with decisions that they've made.........and that they are praying/counting on Allen saving their bacon next season so they don't get replaced...........but I don't have to pretend that I see some kind of significant linear improvement.

It's fair to be objective and look at the results.........they are 7-13 in their last 20 games.

By contrast........I was told in no uncertain terms by people with attitudes like yours that Chip Kelly had ruined the Eagles roster by doing things like trading us Shady and cutting DeSean Jackson and so forth.......so they fire Kelly with the cupboard supposedly bare and the new HC goes 7-9 with a rookie QB and then basically goes wire-to-wire as the top seed in the NFC and wins the SB the following season.  

2 years rebuilding from "scratch" and a SB victory..............no magic wand needed so don't tell me about the labor pains,  Buddy Nix.

I've said all along........I think the Pegs will give McBeane next year to prove that they shouldn't be fired.

That's more than fair in today's NFL.:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Lynne’s doing a good job. Having Rivers certainly helps.

And the AFC West is a mess besides the Chiefs...There are easy wins for the taking.  

1 hour ago, stuvian said:

Lynn's doing a great job with mediocre talent. He should be a COTY candidate 

Really ?  He has a Franchise QB...that alone will keep him in all games,

Lynn is an odd case. He didn't have a very prestigious coaching career before the Bills. He was a running backs coach for a bunch of teams (None for more than 2 seasons) before becoming an assistant head coach/running backs coach for the Jets the last few years Rex was there (Well after the Jets back to back AFC title games appearances.)

Lynn came is as the running backs coach and assistant head coach for the Bills in 2015. Lynn got promoted to OC a few weeks into the 2016 season and the offense performed about as well as it did in 2015 under Roman (good running game, low turnovers, some passing offense here or there, but a limited passing game against better defenses.) Lynn was also the intern head coach for a game or two in 2016.

There was nothing about Lynn's resume or 2016 performance that screamed that he would be a head coaching candidate let alone a good head coach in the league. I can't fault the Bills for not hiring him, he didn't have a great resume or results here.

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Easy wins for the taking.... that the Bills and McDermott would easily lose. 

Hey man,

just pointing out the utter ridiculous and loser mentality some Bills fans have.?

So, are you saying other people have a loser mentality?  That’s curious, indeed. You seem to be home base on that front. 

I feel things are generally pointed upward. You rarely seem to see anything positive, 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I know.......voodu.......indian burial ground........ghosts of people Ralph mistreated.........we needed a magician to re-introduce Jauron Ball and Peterman.

There's nothing magical going on here folks.............it's just football.........any team can be turned around pretty quickly with good GM/HC work.

Are you aware that the coach that you are sneering at got his stripped down non-playoff team into the playoffs for the first time in a generation in his first rebuilding year? Are you aware that the coach and front office that you denigrate was able to draft a qb who has a good chance at being a franchise qb in their second draft? Prior to that the Bills hadn't had a legitimate franchise qb for nearly a quarter century. 

We are entering the next offseason with a restructured cap situation that should allow us plenty of flexibility to bring in players from the market. And we are entering the next draft with a full complement of draft picks. If you don't consider those accomplishments to be positive and have little bearing on improving the roster then I don't understand the basis for your pessimism.

What you are doing is lumping in this relatively new regime with the failed regimes of the past. How is that fair? What did you expect from this new staff that took over with the intention of not only rebuilding the roster but also the organization? Instant magic? Let's get serious here. There certainly are no guarantees in this highly competitive business. But what this organization set out to do is being implemented. You just may be too cynical and jaded as a Buffalo Bills fan but in the real world making big changes usually takes time.  Has this regime made mistakes in its short tenure? Of course it has just like every other franchise. But overall I see this team moving in the right direction. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I live in LA and my wife is from SD and a Chargers fan so I have seen every game of theirs (for many years)

I am not impressed at all.  All scheduling smoke and mirrors.

Everybody is missing the fact they have only played 2 teams that currently have a winning record.  they lost to both. 

the QBs they have faced:

1- MaHomes in his first start - loss

2- Allen (rookie in his first start)

3- Goff - loss

4- Beathard of the 49ers (who?) 2 point win

5- Carr

6- Mayfield (rookie in his 3rd start)

7- Marriota (1 point win)

8- Russell Wilson (closest thing to a quality win)

9- Carr again

10- Keenum (ugly loss at home)

Next week they get lucky again and get another crap opponent (ARIZ) with a rookie QB playing so bad they lost to the Raiders today.

compare that with our schedule so far.  they will "schedule" themselves into a wild card but will not advance.

Edited by Hellcamino

9 hours ago, stuvian said:

You're kidding, right?  Their roster is stocked with talent on both sides of the ball and they have a HOF QB.

By the way, Lynn completely butchered the end of the game yesterday, allowing a crappy Denver team time to drive the length of the field and beat them on a last-second FG.

Edited by eball

10 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's REALLY easy to lose and say "be patient" when you haven't had a 10 win season in a couple decades.

You accept losing.........it's in your DNA now if you are a Bills organization apologist.

I get that McBeane screwed up this season with decisions that they've made.........and that they are praying/counting on Allen saving their bacon next season so they don't get replaced...........but I don't have to pretend that I see some kind of significant linear improvement.

It's fair to be objective and look at the results.........they are 7-13 in their last 20 games.

By contrast........I was told in no uncertain terms by people with attitudes like yours that Chip Kelly had ruined the Eagles roster by doing things like trading us Shady and cutting DeSean Jackson and so forth.......so they fire Kelly with the cupboard supposedly bare and the new HC goes 7-9 with a rookie QB and then basically goes wire-to-wire as the top seed in the NFC and wins the SB the following season.  

2 years rebuilding from "scratch" and a SB victory..............no magic wand needed so don't tell me about the labor pains,  Buddy Nix.

I've said all along........I think the Pegs will give McBeane next year to prove that they shouldn't be fired.

That's more than fair in today's NFL.:thumbsup:

Love when people accuse others of accepting losing when they have differing philosophies on how they choose to follow this team.

BTW, Pederson didn't rebuild the Eagles from scratch. He inherited a team that finished in the top 12 in offense the previous three years (including top 5 in two of them). And for all  your going on about offensive minded head coaches, the primary improvement last year that contributed to their Super Bowl run was their defense, which improved from 30th to 4th over two years.

In addition, both their offense and defense have been pretty woeful this year. So, is Pederson a great head coach for winning the Super Bowl last year or is he an incompetent coach that needs to be fired for taking a Super Bowl team and turning it into a 4-6 team and the debacle we saw on the field yesterday?

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, eball said:

You're kidding, right?  Their roster is stocked with talent on both sides of the ball and they have a HOF QB.

By the way, Lynn completely butchered the end of the game yesterday, allowing a crappy Denver team time to drive the length of the field and beat them on a last-second FG.

Rivers has never won a meaningful game. He's padded his stats tossing the alley oop to HOFer Antonio Gates. The Bolts RBs are just average. Other than Bosa, I am not well acquainted with their D but they are playing well for Lynn.

Once again I am not overly impressed with the job that Lynn is doing in LA for the chargers.  I think once again he has a boat load of talent on both sides of the ball and does not maximize the talent.  Both years he has basically beat teams below .500 and lost to teams with a winning record.

His coaching at the end of the game yesterday (along with a poor job by Rivers) cost them the game.  I think he has done an adequate job, but he is not a guy I envision being a long term solution- I think he was a get the team through the transition from SD to LA and then we will find the coach of the future.

I don’t believe his long term vision would have been successful in Buffalo at all.

1 hour ago, Hellcamino said:

I live in LA and my wife is from SD and a Chargers fan so I have seen every game of theirs (for many years)

I am not impressed at all.  All scheduling smoke and mirrors.

Everybody is missing the fact they have only played 2 teams that currently have a winning record.  they lost to both. 

the QBs they have faced:

1- MaHomes in his first start - loss

2- Allen (rookie in his first start)

3- Goff - loss

4- Beathard of the 49ers (who?) 2 point win

5- Carr

6- Mayfield (rookie in his 3rd start)

7- Marriota (1 point win)

8- Russell Wilson (closest thing to a quality win)

9- Carr again

10- Keenum (ugly loss at home)

Next week they get lucky again and get another crap opponent (ARIZ) with a rookie QB playing so bad they lost to the Raiders today.

compare that with our schedule so far.  they will "schedule" themselves into a wild card but will not advance.

This loss is going to cost them in January. Meanwhile they still have to play Denver again in Denver and - ? 

10 hours ago, stuvian said:

The Chargers have one of the most talented rosters in the league. He’s 15-10 so far.