Schefter: Jaguars Will Likely Consider Trading Jalen Ramsey in the Offseason - Team Issues Denial

26CornerBlitz

7 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Yeah true. I was misinformed on that statement. But just in general , they signed high profile FA ,  

Bouye, Campbell ,Jackson , Norwell, etc , without having their QB in place.

Whileall these guys are playing good football , it's not equating to Wins. Subpar drafting and again , not having a franchise QB , or maybe they thought Blake was the guy , which he obviously isn't.  I just don't agree with the way they've built their roster and I see our staffs Vision and blueprint and feel they did it the right way. Now Jax needs a franchise QB or at least an upgrade over Blake and again, very little flexibility to do so in FA and not much draft capital to do so in the draft.

They drafted a lot of players with high picks. Which is what the Bills are going to do this year.

They spent a lot of money in FA because they shed all their expensive contracts and had money to spend. Which is what the Bills are going to do this year.

They drafted a QB high in the first round and hoped he improved. Which is what the Bills did last year. 

So what are you talking about again?

Edited by BringBackOrton

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

That team is a perfect example of how not to build a team. Currently have the most expensive active roster , a roster worth 60 mil more than Buffalo. They'll be in cap hell for a couple years and have to rebuild all over again. Bet they're loving that Dareus contract ??

Buffalo on the other hand has designed the team to be able to sustain long term success .

As for Ramsey, I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole .

If you could only stick a sock in his mouth. 

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Yeah true. I was misinformed on that statement. But just in general , they signed high profile FA ,  

Bouye, Campbell ,Jackson , Norwell, etc , without having their QB in place.

Whileall these guys are playing good football , it's not equating to Wins. Subpar drafting and again , not having a franchise QB , or maybe they thought Blake was the guy , which he obviously isn't.  I just don't agree with the way they've built their roster and I see our staffs Vision and blueprint and feel they did it the right way. Now Jax needs a franchise QB or at least an upgrade over Blake and again, very little flexibility to do so in FA and not much draft capital to do so in the draft.

Its pretty much exactly what we are in the process of doing soooooo

3 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Well alot is riding on the upcoming off-season and Beane needs to make the right choices and contract decisions, as well as continuing to draft good but you can see the vision they have for this team and have laid a phenomenal foundation imo and after gutting the team have built it back up the right way . I anticipate long term, sustainable success , the way the roster has been built and trust this staffs decision making ability.

That's kind of presumptuous, lets assume the team gets real good, Allen is a franchise type QB, his contract is up, plus T White, Edmunds, etc.  It's difficult to sustain not getting into cap hell if you build a good team.  Not impossible, but hard to do.  So far no evidence either way that Beane will do a good job with managing the cap or not as frankly nothing yet to look at as a reference.  He's seems to have a good head for the business side, but time will tell.

8 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

That team is a perfect example of how not to build a team. Currently have the most expensive active roster , a roster worth 60 mil more than Buffalo. They'll be in cap hell for a couple years and have to rebuild all over again. Bet they're loving that Dareus contract ??

Buffalo on the other hand has designed the team to be able to sustain long term success .

They are 12.5 million over the cap next year and right now they are 3-6.

How’s your process working out for you, Doug?

EDIT:  3-7

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 3

Ramsey's on-field performance is top notch.  31 other teams would be foolish not to check w/ the Jags about his availability.  Beane should definitely be on the phone too. Ramsey's opinions are harmless.  His play talks louder.  He's even publicly supported Blake Bortles; something  a good teammate does.

The issue is he will rightly be expecting to get paid top dollar.  Tre White, if he remains on his current trajectory will too.  Don't know if financially the Bills would be wise to tie up that much coin in one position, or giving up the assets that might be required to "rent" Ramsey's talents for two years.

But  from a football perspective he's a no brainer.  So what he doesn't think much of "x" QB or he could play hockey?  He can definitely play football.  That's all he would be needed for.

Edited by purple haze

5 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

That Dareus contract that has no dead cap next year because we are paying it this year? Yeah I'm sure they're fine with it.

46 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

F him.....how welcome would he be after calling Allen trash. Idiots like him dont think long term. Maybe just shut your mouth and play.

He would be welcome because he's one of the best in the league at his position and can help them win games.  And many on this board says the same about Allen.  Why does it matter that an actual pro who plays against these QBs or watches film of QBs says it?  

Allen has to earn respect from other players with his play.  From dudes on his team to the rest of the league.

2 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Its pretty much exactly what we are in the process of doing soooooo

I disagree. We built this defense through the draft. They built theres through high priced FA. We gutted high profile players in exchange for draft picks to bring in very specific type of players on n off the field , including our GM and coaches franchise QB, while adding mid level contracts, like Hyde,Poyer,Murphy. Star is our highest paid defender at 10 mil a year. 

11 minutes ago, Chemical said:

That Dareus contract that has no dead cap next year because we are paying it this year? Yeah I'm sure they're fine with it.

Yeah I was misinformed. My bad. 

10 minutes ago, purple haze said:

He would be welcome because he's one of the best in the league at his position and can help them win games.  And many on this board says the same about Allen.  Why does it matter that an actual pro who plays against these QBs or watches film of QBs says it?  

Allen has to earn respect from other players with his play.  From dudes on his team to the rest of the league.

Well sure he's good, but you have to wonder why his own staff isn't doing everything they can to keep him on the team. Makes you wonder. Talking ***** on a bunch of QB's isn't  a great way to ingratiate yourself with other teams in the long term. I'm sure he was feeling pretty high on the hog when they were contending for the AFC, but humility goes a long way. You can tout your own skills without referring to someone else as trash.

8 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Marcy isn't doing much for them either.

We are definitely building for long term prosperity, going to be great when it comes together.

8 hours ago, MJS said:

Perhaps they foresee him holding out for a big contract extension.

The Le'Veon affect

8 hours ago, BuffalointheUK said:

Trash....

Hot take !!    Welcome aboard  :beer:

7 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Tre White is slightly behind Ramsey in terms of talent but he comes with zero of the baggage. Give me a guy like Tre White over Ramsey every day. Shutdown corner with a good head on his shoulders, blue chip grinder.

Can someone show me what Ramsey has done that is so bad? He said somethings, who cares. 

You'd think he'd have a long list of violent felonies to his name given some of the reactions on here.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1