Bills Most Likely Playoff Chances Include AFC East Title And Home Playoff Game

Gettysburg

11 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

No, it's not our most likely shot at the playoffs.

We're now 2 losses worse than the teams holding the #6 seed. We're 4 losses worse than the Patriots, who I believe have the 2nd easiest remaining schedule.

FTR according to playoffstatus.com IFthe Bills win out they have a 23% chance of winning the division and a 13% chance at a wildcard spot.

You have to take into account that there are currently 5 teams with 2 more wins.

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/billswhatif.html

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Gettysburg said:

Even better. A demoralizing loss. The Jaguars are DONE.

somehow I knew you would be back to gloat. I watched that whole game. they're not done, yet. also, had the refs not gifted the steelers 11 penalties for 111 yds it would of been a whole different ball game.

seems the refs did not want to see the steelers lose so they only penalized them 3 times for 15 yds.

no, I wont say the bills win anymore then I'll say they lose. with how this season has gone so far and 1-3 at home, it would not surprise me if the bills lose.

Edited by no name

9 hours ago, TroutDog said:

Really? I only just recently started posting here. I don’t seem to recall saying anything of the like. 

Ok I’m sure you were confident we were going to the playoffs last year....

like everyone on this board. 

15 hours ago, Gettysburg said:

These odds are probably about the same as the Bengals with minutes to go pulling out the win against the Ravens in week 17 last year.  They are not as crazy as one would think. I would say 10 percent chance of this scenario playing out. Beating the Patriots is the most difficult thing, but they would be on a 3 game losing streak and the Bills would be riding a 5 game winning streak. Not impossible.

The odds of the Bills (3-7) going undefeated the rest of the way are about the same as the Bengals scoring a touchdown in the closing seconds of a game?

I'd take that bet.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Gettysburg said:

What is so looney? 

You can't see the Bills winning against the Jaguars, Dolphins, Jets and Lions?

You can't see the Patriots who were blown out last week losing to the Steelers, Vikings, and Dolphins on the road?

You can't see the Bills going to New England on a 5 game winning streak and beating a reeling Patriots?

Improbable. Yes. But certainly not "looney" as you say.

No, and it is absolutely looney. But for whatever reason you feel the need to convince yourself with this crazy *****, have at it. 

You do realize all those games you are saying the Bills could win, are looking at the game against the Bills as one they should win. 

This is a new low. Someone convinced that the 3-7 Bills can make the playoffs. They don't even make the in the hunt graphic. Get a hold of yourself man.

7 hours ago, djp14150 said:

Smith broke his leg...why not Brady.....

buffali is just 2 games out if a WC spit si that is a possibility.

Put down the booze. The ***** was that?

Edited by Ol Dirty B

16 hours ago, Gettysburg said:

Before you blast this thread. The following is all that needs to happen. It is not as difficult as one would think.

The Patriots beat the Jets, lose to the Vikings at Home, then lose to the Dolphins and Steelers on the Road.  None of these are impossible.

The Bills need to beat Jacksonville at home, the Dolphins on the Road, the Jets at Home, the Lions at Home. None of these are impossible.

If those scenarios play out then....

The Bills (7-7) at Patriots (8-7) on December 26 would decide the winner of the AFC East as long as the Bills take care of business at home in week 17 against the Dolphins. Yes the Bills would win the tie-breaker with the Patriots based on division record. The 9-7 Bills would be 5-1 in the Division. The 9-7 Patriots would be 4-2.  The Bills would be the AFC East Champions.

Winning the AFC East would mean host a home playoff game.

The Bills might want to ride Matt Barkley until they lose a game. Right now he gives the team the best chance to win.

Is this likely. No. But it isn't as impossible as one would think.

Check it out for yourself on the playoff simulator.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/upshot/buffalo-bills-nfl-playoff-picture.html#buf-jax-12=win&nyj-ne-12=loss&mia-buf-13=loss&ne-min-13=loss&buf-nyj-14=win&mia-ne-14=win&buf-det-15=win&pit-ne-15=win&ne-buf-16=loss&buf-mia-17=win&ne-nyj-17=win

One can only hope.

“Before you blast this thread” is the new “Hear me out”..

3 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

If the bills found a way to get to 7-7, that 6 seed might not be gone by then. Let’s get the next one and go from there

Maybe if they get to 7-7 they should play Barkley the last two games?

Edited by Aussie Joe

23 hours ago, Gettysburg said:

The Pats are not very good. I don't see them beating the Vikings. If they fall to the Dolphins on the road, I can easily see them getting blown out at Pittsburgh. The Dolphin game is only game I am worried about but they looked so bad on the road last week anything is possible. The Dolphins also aren't going to fold. They are in the hunt for now.

Bills arent very good and they beat the vikings

On 11/18/2018 at 7:49 AM, Gettysburg said:

These odds are probably about the same as the Bengals with minutes to go pulling out the win against the Ravens in week 17 last year.  They are not as crazy as one would think. I would say 10 percent chance of this scenario playing out. Beating the Patriots is the most difficult thing, but they would be on a 3 game losing streak and the Bills would be riding a 5 game winning streak. Not impossible.

I don't know if the Pats have had a three-game losing streak in the last 15 years, let alone a four-game losing streak. It is basically impossible. I give it about a .01 percent chance of happening. 

34 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Crazy things happen. Just a few years ago Tampa bay or Washington needed 8 games go there way in week 17 and got in. 

If you want playoff talk just keep winning, if we somehow get to 7-7 we will be squarely in the playoff picture

that's the thing about these threads that i don't get.  you have all these posters who are lining up to declare this season lost already....like 26matteroffact...and anybody holding onto hope is an idiot.  that's nothing more than a loser mentality  and it sure doesn't fall in line with being an actual fan.

i want this team to prepare to win each and every game and for the players and staff to work together fielding the team with the player(s) that give us the best chance to win.

looking at this next particular opponent, i believe barkley gives us the best chance.  you can put josh in a much more favorable situation by starting him against the fins or even when we get back home.    that is not in any way going to stunt his development.  that's b.s.

if they start barkley and things go south, throw josh in, no big deal.  if it's the other way around...season over....home games empty and it will be a slow painful death to the season.

imagine being a player on this team knowing there's still a chance and the coach comes in and says... "  i know a lot of you may disagree with this, but i'm starting josh because the most important thing going forward is getting him reps for next year."  i for one would not be too happy.

granted, i'm not seeing what's going on in practice, but given his play pre-injury play and not having played in a while, i have a hard time thinking he's gonna come in and light it up....

and if he doesn't there goes the running game, here comes the pressure, there goes the game.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

How bout we discuss this when we are not 3-7.  No wonder ppl on this board get so disappointed if you set your heart on the absolute best possible outcome then you will be disappointed more often than not.

I would rather be realistic and pleasantly durprised.

winstonchurchill1.jpg