Nathan Peterman Worked Out for the Lions, Broncos, and Buccaneers - Signed by the Raiders to the Practice Squad

26CornerBlitz

On 12/19/2018 at 9:30 AM, Albany,n.y. said:

Peterman may get another shot at beating out A.J. McCarron.  

I still think the criticism of the Bills for sending AJ to the Raiders after he played himself off the team in preseason was always unjustified.  The fact that Beane got a 5th rounder for a guy who was worse than Peterman was pretty impressive. 

Worse than Peterman? Lol I'm guessing you're joking, because in the games McCarron has started, he managed to play like a capable NFL QB.

In the games Peterman has started, he manged to set records in the "worst ever" sections of record books. I don't think I've ever heard of any QB who would've had a better passer rating in a game had he spiked the ball every down that game than what he came out with. THAT was impressive.

18 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Worse than Peterman? Lol I'm guessing you're joking, because in the games McCarron has started, he managed to play like a capable NFL QB.

In the games Peterman has started, he manged to set records in the "worst ever" sections of record books. I don't think I've ever heard of any QB who would've had a better passer rating in a game had he spiked the ball every down that game than what he came out with. THAT was impressive.

I don't know practice squad/ Preseason Peterman is a master of illusion.

16 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

Good for Peterman.

I respect the move from Gruden: he's putting his money where his mouth was, around draft time when Peterman caught buzz.

Gruden has a chance to look really smart and Peterman gets real time to work on redeeming himself. 

14 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

Not when you have another coach who also believed in him, offering him a shot. 

Peterman got chances in Buffalo, but not in a way that worked in his favor as a developing QB...Gruden could be the guy to get the most out of him.

Peterman is a closed chapter in Buffalo...but it'll be interesting to see if anything changes for him, with the change of scenery, under a fiery guy like Gruden as his new supporter. 

5 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

Well, I mean there can only be one "most pro-ready QB" in a draft class...Peterman was his that year.

You really are going to die on this hill aren’t you? He is literally the worst QB ever. At this point he is stealing money and opportunities from more deserving players. He’s an atrocious player that doesn’t belong anywhere near an NFL field. I don’t feel happy for Nate. I feel sorry for guys getting passed over for an opportunity like Logan Woodside. Peterman had a lot of chances for a player of his ability and pedigree. He was a complete and utter disaster. There are plenty of other guys that never got that chance that are WAY more deserving at this point. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/20/2018 at 1:13 PM, BurpleBull said:

Good for Peterman.

I respect the move from Gruden: he's putting his money where his mouth was, around draft time when Peterman caught buzz.

Gruden has a chance to look really smart and Peterman gets real time to work on redeeming himself. 

He is also right where he should be.. on a practice squad trying prove himself.. 

7 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You really are going to die on this hill aren’t you? He is literally the worst QB ever. At this point he is stealing money and opportunities from more deserving players. He’s an atrocious player that doesn’t belong anywhere near an NFL field. I don’t feel happy for Nate. I feel sorry for guys getting passed over for an opportunity like Logan Woodside. Peterman had a lot of chances for a player of his ability and pedigree. He was a complete and utter disaster. There are plenty of other guys that never got that chance that are WAY more deserving at this point. 

So.....what you’re saying is......you’re still on the fence about Mr Peterman???

?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Augie said:

So.....what you’re saying is......you’re still on the fence about Mr Peterman???

?

Ha ha

Honestly, at this point I think it’s pretty BS that he is in the league and others aren’t. He’s a try hard, nice guy, scrub QB. I wouldn’t want some less qualified guy taking a job from me. Whatever though, he’s going to fail there anyways.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Ha ha

Honestly, at this point I think it’s pretty BS that he is in the league and others aren’t. He’s a try hard, nice guy, scrub QB. I wouldn’t want some less qualified taking a job from me. Whatever though, he’s going to fail there anyways.

Peterman must truly be a whiz in the film room and/or practice.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Augie said:

?

...NO fence for Chuckie........

Jon Gruden: Hope Raiders can 'restart' Nathan Peterman, 'get him going'

Paul Gutierrez  ESPN Staff Writer 

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- While Oakland Raiders coach Jon Gruden obviously sees something in quarterback Nathan Peterman, he also thinks he can do something for Peterman after signing him to the team's practice squad.

"Hopefully, we can take him into the offseason program," Gruden said of Peterman. "See if we can restart him and get him going."

Gruden, however, was quick to point out that Oakland signed Peterman merely as insurance with Raiders backup AJ McCarron back home in Alabama after the birth of his son, Cash, and the Raiders unsure when he would return.

"He's on the practice squad right now," Gruden said. "I want to reiterate that to everybody -- he's on the practice squad."

Gruden has some familiarity with Peterman after working with him in 2017 on his QB Camp show on ESPN. Peterman also began his collegiate career at Tennessee, where Gruden started his coaching career as a graduate assistant in the 1980s.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25583728/jon-gruden-oakland-raiders-hopes-nathan-peterman-signing-restart-him

11 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...NO fence for Chuckie........

Jon Gruden: Hope Raiders can 'restart' Nathan Peterman, 'get him going'

Paul Gutierrez  ESPN Staff Writer 

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- While Oakland Raiders coach Jon Gruden obviously sees something in quarterback Nathan Peterman, he also thinks he can do something for Peterman after signing him to the team's practice squad.

"Hopefully, we can take him into the offseason program," Gruden said of Peterman. "See if we can restart him and get him going."

Gruden, however, was quick to point out that Oakland signed Peterman merely as insurance with Raiders backup AJ McCarron back home in Alabama after the birth of his son, Cash, and the Raiders unsure when he would return.

"He's on the practice squad right now," Gruden said. "I want to reiterate that to everybody -- he's on the practice squad."

Gruden has some familiarity with Peterman after working with him in 2017 on his QB Camp show on ESPN. Peterman also began his collegiate career at Tennessee, where Gruden started his coaching career as a graduate assistant in the 1980s.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25583728/jon-gruden-oakland-raiders-hopes-nathan-peterman-signing-restart-him

If only Chuckie were half the genius his enormous ego leads him believe he is.....

I stayed with the Bills thru Rex, but Chuckie might test my limits! 

1 hour ago, Augie said:

If only Chuckie were half the genius his enormous ego leads him believe he is.....

I stayed with the Bills thru Rex, but Chuckie might test my limits! 

...c'mon Augie....is there a better matched pair in our solar system than Chuckie & Mark Davis?...............

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2018 at 6:06 AM, Kirby Jackson said:

No, so-called "Bills fans" will die on this hill when Peterman goes on a tear in Vegas.  The only thing I hate about being a Buffalo Bills fans is other Bills fans.  You ride a 5th round pick out-of-town in only his 2nd season.  You're all a bunch of #######s for that.