Nathan Peterman Worked Out for the Lions, Broncos, and Buccaneers - Signed by the Raiders to the Practice Squad

26CornerBlitz

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

His last preseason game.

and how did that compare to Peterman’s game against the Ravens?  I’d be furious if I was EJ.  Peterman was literally the worst QB I have ever watched play on the nfl.  I didn’t even get mad when he played because it was funny how bad he was.  

That is because he IS literally the worst QB to ever start mutliple NFL games. 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That is because he IS literally the worst QB to ever start mutliple NFL games. 

You were spot on when it came to Peterman. It really is INCREDIBLE that anyone in, or around, the game can look at that guy and think there’s a chance!! He’s the worst ever and is being handed opportunities that he doesn’t deserve. Why is he in the league and Logan Woodside isn’t? What about Bo Levi Mitchell? Brogan Roback? 

The point being WHY does he continue to get chances despite failing at every turn? If the plan is to “strike lightning in a bottle” I’d take my chances with a guy that hasn’t failed with every chance. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

What’s amazing to me is how these organizations seem to think these QBs will change when wearing a different helmet. They don’t! EJ looked like the exact same guy in every game I’ve seen since he left Buffalo. Fitzpatrick is bound to throw the pick in the crucial 4th quarter drive. Tyrod won’t throw the ball at all. And Peterman....well, you know.

..they are all aware that OBD is THE fertile QB training and development mecca for the entire league......thus, they come to "the well"...............

3 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

When I saw the news yesterday (this will probably be one of those 'do you remember where you were the day Nate Peterman was picked up by the Raiders' moments) I was with a Raiders fan and showed it to him. His response was 'Yeah, i dont know what the heck we are doing anymore....'

Then as a Bills fan did you say... dude at least you didnt start the season w this guy and a rookie on the bench, after a playoff year!  

1 hour ago, BurpleBull said:

Good for Peterman.

I respect the move from Gruden: he's putting his money where his mouth was, around draft time when Peterman caught buzz.

Gruden has a chance to look really smart and Peterman gets real time to work on redeeming himself. 

Is that still a realistic possibility?  Peterman should just make use of his MBA at this point.    Even EJ,  who I dont hold in much regard,  has performed much much better in real games.

34 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Is that still a realistic possibility?  Peterman should just make use of his MBA at this point.    Even EJ,  who I dont hold in much regard,  has performed much much better in real games.

Not when you have another coach who also believed in him, offering him a shot. 

Peterman got chances in Buffalo, but not in a way that worked in his favor as a developing QB...Gruden could be the guy to get the most out of him.

Peterman is a closed chapter in Buffalo...but it'll be interesting to see if anything changes for him, with the change of scenery, under a fiery guy like Gruden as his new supporter. 

1 minute ago, BurpleBull said:

Not when you have another coach who also believed in him, offering him a shot. 

Peterman got chances in Buffalo, but not in a way that worked in his favor as a developing QB...Gruden could be the guy to get the most out of him.

Peterman is a closed chapter in Buffalo...but it'll be interesting to see if anything changes for him, with the change of scenery, under a fiery guy like Gruden as his new supporter. 

find me a qb that gruden hasn't praised coming out of college....

6 hours ago, prissythecat said:

Any good businessman realizes that 3rd strong nfl qb is waaaaay better business than  intern at some random company 

42 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Any good businessman realizes that 3rd strong nfl qb is waaaaay better business than  intern at some random company 

A grad from a decent MBA school would not start out as an intern  . A third string qb certainly makes more than most entry level MBAs.  But what  does a practice squad player ,which is what Peterman is now ,make?  

The Average starting salary for top MBA programs is over  150k now . Practice squad players would typically make less than that assuming they are paid the minimum of 7600 a week for a full season .  So