Nathan Peterman Worked Out for the Lions, Broncos, and Buccaneers - Signed by the Raiders to the Practice Squad

26CornerBlitz

2 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

remember all of those very serious Bills fans who protected this guy until the bitter end and beyond? practice squad of arguably the biggest tire fire in the NFL. fun stuff. funnnnnnnn stuff. 

And all of that happened before the season even ended. From opening day starter to practice squad of the Raiders in just 12 weeks. Nice!

• Like (+1) 1

Good for Nate. He's none of our concern any longer, and I will wish him well because, good grief, why not? He blew up spectacularly on the field of play, but I appreciated his willingness to put in the time and effort, and also answer every single last idiotic question posed to him by the press corps post-game each week, unlike some of our other "stars" during the dog days of this season. I will take everything negative back I've said or thought about Gruden if he can competently salvage this man's career in football. But I won't hold my breath either. 

• Like (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Obviously, he’s never going to live up to his draft selection but it doesn’t really make sense.  His rookie year stats would place him second in this year’s group.  I’ll admit I really rooted for the guy but I think he is getting screwed.  Peterman is one of the worst qbs in the history of the nfl.

I'm with you on this. I was a fan of EJ, he did and said all the right things. Clearly he wasn't a first-round guy, but he's certainly more than capable of being a #2 somewhere. I don't know what the heck Mark Davis was expecting when he brought Gruden back on. The guy obviously stays stuck on his evaluations and opinions of players, but it's becoming quite evident that his evaluations and opinions are stuck in 1996 and they're just plain bad. To look at the film between EJ and Peterman and say, "You know what? Nate's my guy," says to me that maybe Gruden should've stayed in the booth.

27 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Jon Gruden has fantastic talent evaluation abilities.  The best talent evaluation abilities. ?

Not to mention AJ McCarron, isn't that where McCarron went?

Yup. And they gave Beane a 5th to get him, hahaha. Someone posted it elsewhere in this thread but the Raiders have scooped up JP Losman, Trent Edwards, Matt Flynn, EJ Manuel, AJ McCarron and now Nathan frickin' Peterman all after they played with the Bills. Watch Tyrod head there next season.

12 minutes ago, dgrochester55 said:

Peterman is on their practice squad.

In future news, all four of the Raiders defensive backfield have made the pro bowl after the 2019 season.  Their play drastically improved due to gaining an extreme amount of confidence during the team practices that year.

But that's just it--in t-shirts and shorts, this guy has proven to be a world-beater...if anything, their backfield may fold completely after being outclassed during practices by the worst starter since Randy Hedberg for the late 70's Buccaneers? Just sayin'

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Nathan Peterman Worked Out for the Lions, Broncos, and Buccaneers - Signed by the Raiders to the Practice Squad

I've seen a lot of guys pick themselves up when they are down....they get back on that horse and ride her again until she bucks you off. Peterman, despite his shortcomings as football player thus far, is a solid kid and a great teammate.  Never once pointed a finger. Studied hard. Will help however needed. Maybe he's a career backup. That's fine. I'm happy for him. He'll never be quoted as saying some of the crap you hear from Jalen Ramsey.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2