Nathan Peterman Worked Out for the Lions, Broncos, and Buccaneers - Signed by the Raiders to the Practice Squad

26CornerBlitz

14 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I went to the Tennessee game earlier this year.  Petrino couldn't make it so he forwarded his seats & I went with one of his friends who I've been going to games with for years when we had 3 seats together.  I went to the opener in Baltimore & I'm done going to games this year.  When are you going to make it to one of our 518 lunches?  

I'm in the 518. When where is the next lunch?

8 hours ago, BigDingus said:

And Joe Webb's almost game-losing INT?

Joe Webb's "miracle" pass was nice, but it only put us in better position, rather than directly putting points on the board like Peterman's TD pass! Ultimately it was LeSean McCoy who ran the last 30 yards in 2 plays for the TD that won the game.

But you know what,  with 1 minute left in the 4th quarter, Webb did throw an INT at our own 25 yard line to setup Adam Vinatieri for a game winning FG. The real miracle was Vinatieri missing!

I wouldn't call Peterman getting the W a "bogus stat' after playing for 3 quarters & being the best QB on the field in awful conditions, not turning the ball over, and not costing us the game. Webb nearly pulled a Peterman with his INT, but had Satan's luck on his side when the most clutch kicker in NFL history missed a FG to bail him out.

Nothing good Nate ever did will be recognized by 26.  

Save your keystrokes. 

Joe Webb did nothing in the snow game. Zero. 

Nathan Peterman should have been cut. He should now be placed on the practice squad. With a quarterback coming off an injury, and another dealing with a concussion, Peterman should be  running the opposition offense during practice.  You don't want Peterman to ever step on the field again but he is quite valuable for defensive preparation and is quite the good practice player.  He is well liked by the players and a high character guy. The players and fans just don't want him controlling the fate of their games. 

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Nothing good Nate ever did will be recognized by 26.  

Save your keystrokes. 

Joe Webb did nothing in the snow game. Zero. 

Web was 5 yards shy of Peterman in 1/4 of football.  The game was an absolute disaster on the field (in terms of weather.)  Had the weather been decent the play on the field would have been much different all the way around. Lets not pretend that Peterman did much of anything either.  It's hard to acknowledge any good Peterman did when there is so little to acknowledge.  The dude is gone.  He was terrible.  Lets all move on.  

Edited by Scott7975

5 hours ago, Gettysburg said:

Nathan Peterman should have been cut. He should now be placed on the practice squad. With a quarterback coming off an injury, and another dealing with a concussion, Peterman should be  running the opposition offense during practice.  You don't want Peterman to ever step on the field again but he is quite valuable for defensive preparation and is quite the good practice player.  He is well liked by the players and a high character guy. The players and fans just don't want him controlling the fate of their games. 

Nate will probably get a shot somewhere else. The Buffalo market has certainly soured on him and the coaches don't need the baggage of him on the roster or PS.  Baggage that has been exacerbated by national media piling on.  The best thing for him IMO would be to stay out of football until next spring.  Let some time lapse and work on his craft in the interim.  Time and new surroundings heal wounds and he's got some.  Better for the Bills to move beyond him. 

It's a QB starved league for even backups and 3rds.   Matt Barkley was laughed out of Chicago in a similar fashion in 2016/2017 after similar performances.  He stuck with it, got a couple chances and it appears he came back better for it, although 1 game is not a trend. 

Edited by keepthefaith

2 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

Nate will probably get a shot somewhere else. The Buffalo market has certainly soured on him and the coaches don't need the baggage of him on the roster or PS.  Baggage that has been exacerbated by national media piling on.  The best thing for him IMO would be to stay out of football until next spring.  Let some time lapse and work on his craft in the interim.  Time and new surroundings heal wounds and he's got some.  Better for the Bills to move beyond him. 

It's a QB starved league for even backups and 3rds.   Matt Barkley was laughed out of Chicago in a similar fashion in 2016/2017 after similar performances.  He stuck with it, got a couple chances and it appears he came back better for it, although 1 game is not a trend. 

I don't know if he is very good, but nobody is going to get upset with anyone you put on a practice squad, as long as they stay there. If he is a great practice quarterback that can get the Bills defense prepared bring him in. If not, don't bring him in. Coaches should not make decisions based on what fans or national media think or say.

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Nathan Peterman Worked Out for the Lions - Won't Be Back with the Bills