Barkley should start and lose or keep the job. Nuance, emotion, morale are important.

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

See my comments above.

Clearly McDermott has no respect for the intelligence of the media or fans.

What does belithey mean?

Regardless, Allen hasn't exactly lit the world on fire so far, though he has certainly flashed and demonstrated poise and composure.

I could really see this going either way.

Who are you trying to convince?

Already fixed that. ;)  Convince?   It's already decided, but somehow you're not getting it.

7 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

They had either A.J. McAaron or Peterman to keep him from starting this season there is a better than good chance they saw him starting by now. Also that scenario is dead and gone this one is completely different. I mean why would you pull him for the easier half of the schedule?

You're seriously giving them the benefit of the doubt here.

I think McDermott and Beane just grossly screwed up the QB situation outside of Allen.

• Thank you (+1) 1

It’s certainly not up to the fans but I can’t tell you one thing. If Allen stinks the place up and we go right back to the stuck in the mud offense...the crowd is going to let them hear it big time. You don’t bench a guy after a game like last Sunday. If Allen sucks again, by halftime that crowd is going to turn on him. I hope for everyone’s sake Allen plays well. I guess we shall see.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Already fixed that. ;)  Convince?   It's already decided, but somehow you're not getting it.

I get it just fine.

You're saying Allen is definitely starting next Sunday.

I'm saying that's still in doubt.

Actions will speak louder than words, so let's see what happens in the upcoming week.

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

I get it just fine.

You're saying Allen is definitely starting next Sunday.

I'm saying that's still in doubt.

Actions will speak louder than words, so let's see what happens in the upcoming week.

He'll be in there unless there's some kind of setback.  Ready to see what he has moving forward. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

See my comments above.

Clearly McDermott has no respect for the intelligence of the media or fans.

What does belithey mean?

Regardless, Allen hasn't exactly lit the world on fire so far, though he has certainly flashed and demonstrated poise and composure.

I could really see this going either way.

Who are you trying to convince?

I wasn't here for the whole Tyrod thing but Peterman was pretty obviously him not throwing a guy under the bus no matter what the media and some fans wanted.
 What I'm saying is thinking anyone is going to buy that Allen is out next week because he's still injured is very dumb.

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You're seriously giving them the benefit of the doubt here.

I think McDermott and Beane just grossly screwed up the QB situation outside of Allen.

I'd say you're underestimating them if you think they thought that McCarron, a 4 year back-up, or Peterman, who even if he hadn't been who he was would of still essentially been a rookie QB, were going to keep Allen from starting this year with this underfunded Offense.

6 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

It’s certainly not up to the fans but I can’t tell you one thing. If Allen stinks the place up and we go right back to the stuck in the mud offense...the crowd is going to let them hear it big time. You don’t bench a guy after a game like last Sunday. If Allen sucks again, by halftime that crowd is going to turn on him. I hope for everyone’s sake Allen plays well. I guess we shall see.

Most fans have been waiting for Allen to return because they understand he represents the future.  No one cares about Matt FN Barkley. 

Barkley deserves the start. He has earned it. He has potential to be a franchise qb. 

Reminds me a bit of Orton, with his swagger. 

9 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Most fans have been waiting for Allen to return because they understand he represents the future.  No one cares about Matt FN Barkley. 

Most paying fans expect a quality product. If Allen gets stuck in the mud, I’ll demand my money back and you should too. 

Im not paying all this money to watch a developmental Team.  I expect NFL quality. Barkley brings that quality. 

Edited by PittsforDave
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Allen showed promise.  Allen should have been the starter since May.  That cant be undone.  Healthy after the bye you start Allen.  Allen has the better arm, is more mobile and has more potential than anyone Buffalo has.  Beating the Vikings on the road vs beating the Jets on the road is 10X more impressive.  

24 minutes ago, PittsforDave said:

Barkley deserves the start. He has earned it. He has potential to be a franchise qb. 

Most paying fans expect a quality product. If Allen gets stuck in the mud, I’ll demand my money back and you should too. 

Im not paying all this money to watch a developmental Team.  I expect NFL quality. Barkley brings that quality. 

Barkley is not the future—his run since 2013 has shown that. Love that he has a spot renaissance story to tell the grandkids now, but he will never be more than serviceable, at best over the long haul. JA represents the future and the die has already been cast that if healthy he starts, there is no going back unless he absolutely turns into the next incarnation of Tuel/NP, which he won’t. He’s already shown enough flashes to be able to say that. 

7 hours ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

This is a weakness for McDermott that shows up repeatedly. 

He should start Barkely because the Bills kicked butt behind Barkely. It is that simple.

Barkely should be able to prove it was either a fluke, or not. The team deserves that.

Instead they will start Allen for no other reason other than they drafted him.

How is the team supposed to be positive and stoked when they know they finally had a tremendous victory and in response the coaches pulled the starting QB?

What if Allen does the most likely thing, and struggles? What if it is so bad they have to pull him? Then he is behind the 8 ball if you ask me. They are risking that for no good enough reason.

This staff paints themselves into corners where the only possible non-disaster outcome is that their plan goes exactly the way they envision.

So lets hope Allen does great because if he doesn't we will have a better playing QB sitting on the bench just because the coach says so.

And the team and us fans will never know for sure if Barkley was a fluke or not.

If Barkely starts and does great, then there is no down side. If he starts and flops, then we have Allen and we put him in next time. The only down side this way is that Allen loses a game of practice.

If Allen starts and does great it will be the first time, and it will be great. But it is unlikely. And if he starts and flops badly then you have all kinds of trouble. 

The decision is easy and as usual with the QB spot  the coaching staff  made the wrong one.

IMO This season is all about Allen , we only have one question is Allen our franchise QB or not ,  

to me personally the record at point does not matter 3, 5 , or 7 wins , This franchise just made a big investment into the most important position ( and it’s about time ) AND your willing to sit him just to watch ANOTHER backup QB to MAYBE get us a 1 or 2 more wins ?? 

Get the kid out there and let him play , this season is over let him make all the mistakes he needs so he can learn from them , and hopefully next year at this time he won’t be making them !!!

Edited by Putin

4 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

In reading your post I can only assume that the most important thing to you is a win and that's what's driving your choice of Barkley.  It's a perfectly understandable point if your not thinking beyond 2018.

To me, the rest of 2018 is building for 2019 and 2019 and beyond is Josh Allen, his development is critical for the long term development of the franchise.

Matt Barkley is a slightly better version of Nate Peterman who better understands what he can and cannot execute on the field, but basically the same guy.  Acceptable back-up QB.

Thats why it's a no-brainer to start and play JA for the rest of the season.

How do you tell that to the 52 other players on the roster.  The Bills are officially *NOT* out of the playoff race (even if it is a 1% shot) and players are looking to get Wins.  Will they give the same confidence and put in 100% effort with Allen knowing that he may not be the better QB at this time.   I agree that it is important for the rookie to get live game experience, but Beane has defended every time that we are  *NOT* Tanking

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, PittsforDave said:

Not happening tough

4 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I wasn't here for the whole Tyrod thing but Peterman was pretty obviously him not throwing a guy under the bus no matter what the media and some fans wanted.
 What I'm saying is thinking anyone is going to buy that Allen is out next week because he's still injured is very dumb.

Wait... so you're an Allen fan, not a Bills fan? :blink:

4 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I'd say you're underestimating them if you think they thought that McCarron, a 4 year back-up, or Peterman, who even if he hadn't been who he was would of still essentially been a rookie QB, were going to keep Allen from starting this year with this underfunded Offense.

So basically, you believe that McDermott and Beane simultaneously and purposefully sabotaged the beginning of our season on purpose in order to get Allen in without resistance? :lol:

4 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He'll be in there unless there's some kind of setback.  Ready to see what he has moving forward. 

Okay, now I guess if Allen doesn't play I will have to pay attention to whether McDermott uses the word "setback" or alludes to one.

14 hours ago, PittsforDave said:

Lol! You can demand it all you want you ain't getting it back.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
inappropriate language
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Wait... so you're an Allen fan, not a Bills fan? :blink:

So basically, you believe that McDermott and Beane simultaneously and purposefully sabotaged the beginning of our season on purpose in order to get Allen in without resistance? :lol:

That would be how I found myself here yeah. But I do try to keep that in mind and be objective.

No they could of decided to start him from the beginning and sure some people would of complained with how raw he's been seen as but it's not like he had an established starter that he was leap frogging over. You yourself said he'd beat out both of them in the preseason. It's hardly a stretch to go from that to neither of them being able to keep the job from him this far in. I mean this season wasn't really about winning, this season is clearly about the seasons that follow it.

4 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

See, here's what you're not getting... playing Allen at home is riskier than playing him on the road.

On the road, they always boo the opposition.

At home, when fans boo, it's a true test of a player's mettle because you know you're playing terribly.

It's a fact of human physiology that your brain isn't fully developed until you reach 23. It's probably the biggest underlying reason that people make the argument that rookies should sit and learn. 80,000 jeering fans can maybe push you over the edge at such a young, impressionable age when you're so used to being the Apple of everyone's eye, as most of these NFL starting QBs are.

Barkley starting at home--potentially sucking and getting booed at followed by Allen starting on the road in Miami with everyone automatically booing--is less of a risk than Allen getting his 1st start in a month and a half and possibly shaking off some rust against a great defense.

Fans will boo terrible play, no matter who's under center. Do you watch games on mute?

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

See, here's what you're not getting... playing Allen at home is riskier than playing him on the road.

On the road, they always boo the opposition.

At home, when fans boo, it's a true test of a player's mettle because you know you're playing terribly.

It's a fact of human physiology that your brain isn't fully developed until you reach 23. It's probably the biggest underlying reason that people make the argument that rookies should sit and learn. 80,000 jeering fans can maybe push you over the edge at such a young, impressionable age when you're so used to being the Apple of everyone's eye, as most of these NFL starting QBs are.

Barkley starting at home--potentially sucking and getting booed at followed by Allen starting on the road in Miami with everyone automatically booing--is less of a risk than Allen getting his 1st start in a month and a half and possibly shaking off some rust against a great defense.

Fans will boo terrible play, no matter who's under center. Do you watch games on mute?

Now I've heard it all.  We need to start Barkley because of the Boo factor lol.