Barkley should start and lose or keep the job. Nuance, emotion, morale are important.

On 11/19/2018 at 3:04 AM, simpleman said:

Very few here have said that Barkley has proven to be a  Franchise QB.

But the figures also don't show that Allen has proven to be any better than Barkley, or that he is has a better chance of being a Franchise QB.  I didn't just profess a faith, I showed the figures and statistics and didn't profess  any particular faith. Your faith and hope do not matter to anyone but yourself, nor will not make it so in the harsh  reality of the real world of pro football.

Isn't it logical to give them both chance to prove themselves. Are you afraid to let the reality of playing the games to find out for sure because of your fear it will prove your faith to unfounded?

I just want an exciting, winning team. I really don't care if either Allen, Barkley, or someone else is the QB that can make that happen. I don't have a horse in the QB race, or have the prejudices for or against any of the horses.  I just want to have it happen.

Allen has a much, much better chance of being a Franchise QB.

Obviously.

2 hours ago, Mat68 said:

He is simply a better player.  He is more accurate, more athletic, and a better arm.  Allen is the leader of the offense.  Against a tough aggressive defense Allen will have to make some wow plays for Buffalo to stay in the game. His game vs Minnestoa and Houston are easily forgotten.  

Josh Allen's game against Houston? He had 84 yards passing and accounted for zero touchdowns.

Did you mean Tennessee when he had 82 yards passing and accounted for one touchdown?

22 hours ago, The Drought said:

If they start Allen we may never get to see Barkley crash and burn.

...now I'm really confused.....the long term extension talk after one game, had me thinkin' he was the now greatest invention since beer....I hate conundrums............

4 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Josh Allen's game against Houston? He had 84 yards passing and accounted for zero touchdowns.

Did you mean Tennessee when he had 82 yards passing and accounted for one touchdown?

He was out for almost half the game and had just started to move them down field pretty good.

13 hours ago, simpleman said:

If we had a Ferrari, we should drive it.

The point is Allen has played more like a Pacer than a Ferrari. And if you compare Barkley's best game with the Bills with Allen's best game, Allen has not been at all closer to a Ferrari compared to Barkley. You can throw a Ferrari engine in a VW Beetle body and have a massive engine, and still not have a way to harness that massive engine in that body.

And then again, how many people drive their corvettes in the winter. Most get  junky winter car and garage the vette. This current Bills offense is the equivalent of a crappy winter.

Allen has shown he has a Ferrari arm as far as power, but as far as accuracy, decision making, vision and the other mental skills that make a QB a Ferrari, he has performed like that excessively high mileage Pacer you think Barkley is.

At this point the only thing Allen has going for him over Barkley is he has that new car smell. Barkley has outperformed Allen with his arm in his one outing with the Bills. They may both end up being Pacers, why not let them both get a chance to prove themselves. Let the best man win instead of anointing Allen based on his high price-tag and his new smell. 

Give them both a fair chance in a race and see who is the Pacer and who is the Ferrari. Then everyone will know the answer.

do you have ANY idea how much maintenance is on a ferrari? and the motor maintenance is based upon mileage.
you just don't drive them much.
do you have a thing against that fine automobile? The AMC Pacer. Rare and quite functional when you can find one. they have a certain value in the right situation 

44 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...now I'm really confused.....the long term extension talk after one game, had me thinkin' he was the now greatest invention since beer....I hate conundrums............

I avoid conundrums like i avoided the Plague and the Black Death and the 1919 pandemic flu.

looks like you and I , and Benjamin Franklin agree about beer though : )

• Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

The 2 passes to Benjamin were his best of the season.  They score on that drive and they win the game with Allen at Qb imo.  His performance vs Minnestoa wasnt bad either.  Yeah Marriota was worst and Buffalo beat a playoff team.  Barkley completed 15 passes, 2 dropped interceptions, obviously the future lol.

Edited by Mat68

From the day Allen was drafted there has been an irrational dislike of the guy.  It's hidden among a flurry of passive-aggressive verbiage like "I hope Allen works out but I know he's a bust" (what the heck is that?).  

Sure the guy is a raw talent but he has incredible physical tools; seems to have the right attitude;  comes across as a decent person and loves playing in Buffalo.  And while there were draft gurus who thought the Bills reached for Allen there were others who believed he had the highest upside of ANY of the rookie QB's.  And we know for a fact that Arizona made a strong push to take Allen ahead of the Bills. 

I mean regardless of how Allen plays Sunday this whole notion that they should have gone with Barkley is crazy. 

6 hours ago, JohninMinn. said:

The worst part of the start Barkley outcry is that it exposes how many marginal fans are in the TBD  forum. I dont mind my wife bugging me with such emotional blindness but when hordes of playstation gamers  mount their campaign i get nauseous

Yeah, because the "professionals" in the Bills front office have done such a great job over the past 20 years or so. ? ?

I woulda started Barkley this weekend. Not because he is Then answer, but because he just came off a decent win. You can always pull him after the third int on Sunday and put Josh in for the needed spark the Team will need in the second half !

: )

I want to see Allen play and progress. which he has and will continue to do. He will get his reps one way or another. 

Will consider him the future QB for Bills and Bills Fandom until proven otherwise .and will cheer him like crazy : )

Go Josh !!

Edited by 3rdand12

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:20 AM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I can’t wrap my head around anybody thinking Barkley is a waste of time. What if he just was good? Good enough to let us be good? What if Barkley just matched up well with this system and Dabol? The light comes on at different times for guys and last Sunday was the closest thing we have seen to real passing in a very long time. There is no reason to bench Barkley now. Make him show us last week was a fluke. If Barkley keeps playing well, then keep playing him. If he stinks. Put Allen in. 

Allen is not going anywhere. There is no rush here. We are going to get plenty of time to see him and he should have sat all this year anyway. Allen will probably never be good. He wasn’t good in college and has been terrible so far. If Barkley is good, that takes the pressure off of the Allen situation. If they somehow both end up being good, then we are in incredible shape. We could trade one of them, or better yet have 2 good QBs for a change. Play Barkley against Jacksonville. If he struggles, you just play Allen and never look back. If Barkley lights it up again, then see where it goes. Barkley isn’t 38 years old. If he ends up being a very good QB, we could potentially get 10 more years out of him. Im not saying he will end up being good, I just want to find out. Give Barkley at least 1 more start. This team was on pace to be the worst offense in NFL history. Barkley got 41 out of them. Only the Bills would be dumb enough to bench a guy after that. There is no harm in starting Barkley 1 more time. Allen isn’t ready yet anyway. Play Barkley until he sucks. We have plenty of time to learn about Allen. 

I thought Allen went Ok today...

160 in the air and a 100 on the ground....

4 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’ll take it. Love the kids heart. As long as we win I’m usually happy. Allen has the heart of a lion. He’s like Fitz with an arm

Coming from a guy who wouldnt stop talking about how Barkley needs to start.  Then Allen plays a good game now you are all about Allen lol.  Your post shows your a hypocrite.  Allen will probably never be good...u said that...now after one game you are all about Allen.  And Allen and Fitz are nothing alike...Allen is way more of an athlete.

Edited by Skins Malone
  • Like (+1) 1

On 11/17/2018 at 3:08 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Starting Barkley would be a complete waste of time. It's the same kind of shortsightedness that has held the franchise back for far too long and I am happy to see that they didn't fall into this trap sitting at 3-7.

Confirmed!

14 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’ll take it. Love the kids heart. As long as we win I’m usually happy. Allen has the heart of a lion. He’s like Fitz with an arm

psssst, yeah you. how bouts we change the avatar over here. you know, to the 17 jersey, our starting QB over here.

thanks see, you're a swell fan there