David Sills

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

No, we don’t have to go offense, offense, offense. Ideally you’d like for the top rated players at each pick to be offense but it would be incredibly stupid to pass on a guy you have rated as a top 10 player just to select a guy who is rated 25th simply because he’s a WR or OL.

41 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

No I don’t think we need to draft a MLB or Safety. Like I said earlier, if a position of strength is by far your highest graded player then I would look to trade down. 

And you also said the bolded earlier.  If that top 10 player is a LB or S then I think we’d be incredibly stupid if we drafted that player.  I’d rather take the OL or WR that’s rated lower.  We have “x” amount of resources and a lot of holes on offense.  We can’t use our most prized resource on a LB or a S this year.  We just can’t.  We aren’t just building a team.  We’re building an offense for Josh Allen, whom we traded several resources to acquire.  In some cases, BPA makes sense, but this team absolutley cannot draft a LB or a S with our first draft pick.  

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

And you also said the bolded earlier.  If that top 10 player is a LB or S then I think we’d be incredibly stupid if we drafted that player.  I’d rather take the OL or WR that’s rated lower.  We have “x” amount of resources and a lot of holes on offense.  We can’t use our most prized resource on a LB or a S this year.  We just can’t.  We aren’t just building a team.  We’re building an offense for Josh Allen, whom we traded several resources to acquire.  In some cases, BPA makes sense, but this team absolutley cannot draft a LB or a S with our first draft pick.  

I know what I said and I stand by it. Always take the best player available. This team is not in a position where it should turn away talent. 

12 hours ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

If the Bills aren't targeting Anthony Johnson in the draft, they will regret.

Hopefully he'll be there for us in the second round...so much depends on his performance in the MACCG and a low level bowl game..if he lights it up...he's probably gone in the first round..jmho

4 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I know what I said and I stand by it. Always take the best player available. This team is not in a position where it should turn away talent. 

Well, if that player is a LB or S, you shouldn’t stand by it. Trade down or draft a lower rated player.  Drafting a backup LB or S is just stupid.  Just because a player is rated lower before even playing a snap in the nfl doesn’t mean they aren’t good players or won’t be good players.  I get the BPA arguement in many cases.  Not in this case if that BPA is a Lb or S

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
37 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Hopefully he'll be there for us in the second round...so much depends on his performance in the MACCG and a low level bowl game..if he lights it up...he's probably gone in the first round..jmho

I think if we draft in the top 10 we should be looking to trade back into the first with our 2nd rounder to get him.  He is in the Eric Moulds/Anquan Boldin mold.  He does everything well and is an absolute beast after the catch.  He is going to be a great player in the NFL.

2 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Is Johnson injury prone?  I know he's missed games this season.  What's his history, otherwise?

He played all 12 last season.  For the way he plays, he looks pretty tough and durable to me.  Football is a rough game.  

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

If we take a LB or safety in the first I’ll lose it.

Yep BPA at a need is my philosophy. I don't care if the BPA is a RB. The talent difference between that player and the next BPA on our list isnt that big. And personally I stay away from safeties, DTs, RBs, and interior linemen in the top 10 no matter what.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

Thar dude is nuts. Edmunds has been really good as a rookie.

He has. Seriously, the guy is 20 and calling the defense on the field. He still has work to do, but once he trusts his eyes more he's gonna be a force. And he's a Buffalo Bill. That feels really nice.

47 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

So you think they would be better off if they selected a worse player? Interesting take. I wouldn’t call it elite though.

All of these guys are unproven  It’s a pre-playing in the nfl grade. A predraft grade doesn’t mean that the higher graded player is actually better than another player graded lower.  Especially if they play different positions. Who’s better,  Leighton VanderEsche or Calvin Ridley?  Both good players.  I know which player I’d rather have on this current Bills team.  

Drafting BPA if thE BPA is a position of strength isn’t a good decision, especially at LB and S.  2 positions that regularly find gems in the middle rounds 

50 minutes ago, NewEra said:

All of these guys are unproven  It’s a pre-playing in the nfl grade. A predraft grade doesn’t mean that the higher graded player is actually better than another player graded lower.  Especially if they play different positions. Who’s better,  Leighton VanderEsche or Calvin Ridley?  Both good players.  I know which player I’d rather have on this current Bills team.  

Drafting BPA if thE BPA is a position of strength isn’t a good decision, especially at LB and S.  2 positions that regularly find gems in the middle rounds 

You're so caught up on this LB/Safety argument. Taking less talented players to fill a need is not wise. The point of the draft is to add talented players for the long term goal of the organization. A strength today may not be a strength 2 or 3 years from now. 

If you have similarly graded players as the best players available then obviously you go with the one that fills an immediate need. Otherwise, you take the best football players you can find.

Edited by Bangarang

We will also need a couple players on defense, but surrounding Allen with talent is obviously our primary goal. I just don't know who we'll draft because the FA period will start before the draft and no one knows this early on who we'll be able to sign.

15 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

You're so caught up on this LB/Safety argument. Taking less talented players to fill a need is not wise. The point of the draft is to add talented players for the long term goal of the organization. A strength today may not be a strength 2 or 3 years from now. 

If you have similarly graded players as the best players available then obviously you go with the one that fills an immediate need. Otherwise, you take the best football players you can find.

Because that’s the arguement I made.  Of course that’s why I’m caught up with it

On 11/17/2018 at 4:12 PM, No Place To Hyde said:

He has. Seriously, the guy is 20 and calling the defense on the field. He still has work to do, but once he trusts his eyes more he's gonna be a force. And he's a Buffalo Bill. That feels really nice.

LVR picked off Matty Ice today wake me when our no.1 pick does something like that 

On 11/16/2018 at 11:37 PM, White Linen said:

I almost always agree with this philosophy accept with our how team is constructed now.  I'll always and forever say the most difficult thing to find are WR's.  Picks are difficult to evaluate and good free agents rarely become available.  I think we have to look WR in the first - therefore I trade if I have to to draft closer to evaluation but that's what I'm picking.  We have a ton of cap space and I know we can fill the other holes in free agency.  

Edit: after QB of course

why would you not prefer WR in FA since you have concerns about evaluating College prospects ?
got to find a good fits for Bills future state Offense with Allen under Daboll : )

On 11/17/2018 at 5:18 PM, GreggTX said:

We will also need a couple players on defense, but surrounding Allen with talent is obviously our primary goal. I just don't know who we'll draft because the FA period will start before the draft and no one knows this early on who we'll be able to sign.

yep !

41 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

LVR picked off Matty Ice today wake me when our no.1 pick does something like that 

Edmunds has become a an issue for Offenses to scheme against.
they went against him early in with pass plays across the front of him, and then tried to run him deep. he learned and adjusted.
he is consistently improving and has become harder to play against both pass and run.

he's a beast

On 11/17/2018 at 12:13 AM, 78thealltimegreat said:

Beane has us at 3-7 and until Matt Barkley came along to solidify the backup spot most people on this board where wondering what he was doing and another thing we wanted a middle linebacker and had our choice Edmunds or Vander Esch watching the Eagles Cowboys game Sunday Night and the game the one we didn’t pick had I’m wondering did we pick the right one ?

We drafted upside and potential.  Edmunds was in diapers when we drafted him.  He will take some time to get his game to the level that his potential says he can play which is the highest level of the position.  He is off to a great start.