David Sills

Now that it looks like our chances at Bosa and Oliver are gone...Looking through the 2019 WRs I’m really wary about using a 1 this year as I would rather solidify the oline with a guy like Trey Smith or Greg Little but this kid in the second and TE like Irv Smith or Caleb Wilson in the 3rd I would say is a pretty good haul 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

BPA. Always and forever.

I almost always agree with this philosophy accept with our how team is constructed now.  I'll always and forever say the most difficult thing to find are WR's.  Picks are difficult to evaluate and good free agents rarely become available.  I think we have to look WR in the first - therefore I trade if I have to to draft closer to evaluation but that's what I'm picking.  We have a ton of cap space and I know we can fill the other holes in free agency.  

Edit: after QB of course

Edited by White Linen

Beane has us at 3-7 and until Matt Barkley came along to solidify the backup spot most people on this board where wondering what he was doing and another thing we wanted a middle linebacker and had our choice Edmunds or Vander Esch watching the Eagles Cowboys game Sunday Night and the game the one we didn’t pick had I’m wondering did we pick the right one ?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Bangarang said:

BPA. Always and forever.

That’s probably oversimplifying the draft. There are probably 3-4 guys with the same draft grade when you select. So need will definitely be a factor. I think Little and Greedy will be in play. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Now that it looks like our chances at Bosa and Oliver are gone...Looking through the 2019 WRs I’m really wary about using a 1 this year as I would rather solidify the oline with a guy like Trey Smith or Greg Little but this kid in the second and TE like Irv Smith or Caleb Wilson in the 3rd I would say is a pretty good haul 

Id rather have Deebo Samuels if we wait till after round 1 for WR. N'Keal Harry looks like a beast, but not many other options at that position until round 2 and beyond imo

19 minutes ago, billspro said:

That’s probably oversimplifying the draft. There are probably 3-4 guys with the same draft grade when you select. So need will definitely be a factor. I think Little and Greedy will be in play. 

Why get greedy? Not gonna happen. Little? I can see. Would rather have Jonah Williams tho

5 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

You never take a position just to take it even though the talent doesn't meet the pick. There are some interesting WR in this draft class of all shapes and sizes, most of them aren't said to be top of the 1st round prospects so we can either trade down and collect more picks, trade the 1st round pick for a younger already established WR who's on a team that probably won't be able to resign him due to cap restraints or sign one in FA. 

My suggestion would be to try and sign both Tyrell Williams/Donte Moncrief (either or) and John Brown in FA. We would have a top flight slot WR in Brown, a solid #2 WR in Jones and our #1 guy could be either Moncrief or Williams until we get a draft class with some really good WR because this is probably not the one. Load up on OL, get a TE and another RB in the draft and we should be golden, just my opinions.

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

after his tirade with his Head Coach on the sidelines he will not be a Bill. Spoiled divas are against the process.

Yeah, what was up with that? He thought he was being disrespected or something. Definitely a bad look.

5 hours ago, billspro said:

When guys are graded similarly then obviously you’d go for a position of need. 

What I don’t want to see happen is us passing on someone we have graded higher simply to draft a position of need. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Beane has us at 3-7 and until Matt Barkley came along to solidify the backup spot most people on this board where wondering what he was doing and another thing we wanted a middle linebacker and had our choice Edmunds or Vander Esch watching the Eagles Cowboys game Sunday Night and the game the one we didn’t pick had I’m wondering did we pick the right one ?

Had to read this eight times and I’m still confused. Periods are your friend. 

8 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

5 minutes ago, FluffHead said:

Had to read this eight times and I’m still confused. Periods are your friend. 

Periods are your friend but for some people conjunctions are like family.