Off-Season WR trade market

billsfan89

4 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I could see Philly giving up on Nelson Agholor during his fifth year option year. 

I could see the Bengals putting AJ Green out there for sale. He is nearing the end of his contract and they may want to try and trade him before he leaves. 

Kenny Stills from Miami could be a target. he is being underutilized and could provide a deep threat option for Allen. 

I like some of the more under the radar free agents. Chris Conley, Adam Humphries, and Jamison Crowder. I really love Conley and he would be one of my first targets. He's a bit buried in KC and still has 4 TDs this year.  I would like to see what he could do when an offense focuses a bit more on him. 

We also have an opportunity to upgrade at tight end. I'm probably going after Maxx Williams, who is still very young and developing, or Baltimore's other tight end, Nick Boyle. I don't think they try to bring back either guy. 

Conley is a blazer too.  Fits a big need.

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Conley is a blazer too.  Fits a big need.

I love that guy. He's as fast as Deonte Thompson, but significantly bigger. A 45 inch vert. Plus the guy is super smart and interesting and huge comic fan. I just want him on my team. I'm all in on him. He is my FA man crush. 

2 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

We're building a young team around a young QB. How about just using the picks on WR so they can grow together instead of trading for vets?

I think the sweet spot is signing guys who are young vets. Guys like Conley, Humphries etc. who have been around a bit and ready to break out. Trading for a Tyler Boyd or Josh Doctson. Surrounding the rookie quarterback with a bunch of rookies won't help him along as much in my opinion. They key is bringing in the young, hungry, athletic veterans. 

1 hour ago, Rigotz said:

We're building a young team around a young QB. How about just using the picks on WR so they can grow together instead of trading for vets?

This team has enough extra mid round picks to afford to bring in one veteran WR via trade. A vet WR like Emmanuel Sanders helps Allen and young WR's develop. Having a WR that commands respect and is reliable right out of the gate makes Allen's job easier and helps him develop. Having a WR at the top of the heap helps young WR's as they have someone to learn from and it helps them from having to be over exposed early in their career. Did it really hurt Trubisky's development to sign the WR's they signed?

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Rigotz said:

First you need high quality veteran WR's to elevate the QB the way vet WR's have elevated Wentz, Goff, Watson, Mahomes and Trubisky.

There's no time to lose now with growing pains for Allen............you need to find out what you have right away.......if they were going to draft young WR to pair with the young QB they should have done that in the first two drafts...........and I think they believed that's what they were doing with Zay.       

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think the sweet spot is signing guys who are young vets. Guys like Conley, Humphries etc. who have been around a bit and ready to break out. Trading for a Tyler Boyd or Josh Doctson. Surrounding the rookie quarterback with a bunch of rookies won't help him along as much in my opinion. They key is bringing in the young, hungry, athletic veterans. 

Agreed.

Or a stud WR if you can get one.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, CIrvine said:

Anybody else think Keenan Allen might be available.

That thought actually crossed my mind as well, but he's under contract at a somewhat reasonable amount for a couple of more years. Not sure they would do it, unless there was something behind the scenes or they were up against a salary cap crunch. 

5 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

That thought actually crossed my mind as well, but he's under contract at a somewhat reasonable amount for a couple of more years. Not sure they would do it, unless there was something behind the scenes or they were up against a salary cap crunch. 

Keenan Allen is under contract at a little over 10 million AAV through 2020. I don't think the Chargers are trading their number one receiver unless Allen is demanding a new contract. Allen is 26 and produces like a WR1. I think the Chargers want him part of their future. If Allen was made available (Lets assume he wants a new contract at around 15-17 AAV) I would be willing to trade a 3rd round pick in 2019 plus a late rounder in 2020 for Allen. Allen would be 27 next season and probably anchor the WR core as a low end WR1 for the next 4-5 years. 

That being said given Rivers age I think they are in a win now situation and probably would do what it takes to keep a good young WR in place. 

I'm not sure that Brandon Beane would ever be inclined to overpay for a quality WR in a trade.  As far as the draft is concerned, it's lean on top tier WRs, but is really deep at the position otherwise.  It depends on what Beane is looking for.  If Buffalo doesn't draft a receiver in the first, I like Riley Ridley in the second or third and KJ Hill in the third or 4th.