Jags Game discussion - what say you?

freddyjj

I love the finish.  If you want the Bills to win next week, this couldn't have been better.  The Jaguars were playing an emotional all out game and Roethlisberger popped their balloon.  They should be completely drained and properly deflated for next week.

• Like (+1) 2

I love the finish.  If you want the Bills to win next week, this couldn't have been better.  The Jaguars were playing an emotional all out game and Roethlisberger popped their balloon.  They should be completely drained and properly deflated for next week

Agree totally.

Seems like Marrone isn’t bad at building up franchises but he really really wares out fast. I’m sure his personality has to do with that

Only he didn't really build that Jags team. He inherited a lot of those guys from Gus Bradley's regime. Today's loss was textbook from the Bradley years. He has a terrible personality. All this talk that he's the "next Parcells" clearly went to his head.

Edited by GRHater69

2 hours ago, freddyjj said:

Jags are looking tough vs Steelers through first half today.  Might there be a mental letdown when they come to WNY?

Your logic here might be slightly flawed.  

1. The new additions (Foster, McKenzie) practiced as much with Josh in week leading up to Jets game as with Barkley.  Foster had OTAs, preseason and first 6 games to practice with Josh.  And since Thompson came in Josh had the most reps with all 3 WRs.
  2. Daboll will have a choice of 3 deep threats to scheme with now.  The offense will not look like the first 9 weeks given new WRs and  new O Lineman.  
  3. Barkley is not a high priority FA for any team next year - he was sitting on his couch 3 weeks ago.  And he threw 2 INTs that the Jets DBs chose to drop, the Jags won't.   The veteran QB who is here next year will know his job is to be the backup and the $$$ spent will determine who comes (or stays).
  4. And every game is critical to a young QBs development.  Mahomes watched for almost the entire year season last year because Smith was better at that point and the Chiefs were in playoffs and could have gone far.  Bills are out of contention and Barkley is not better than Allen at this point. 
  5. Give Josh the new scheme and players and let's Go Bills!

so...even tho the jags lost, they're gonna be like an injured animal next week.  i don't want to see chaos. i want to see a vet who has been there done that.  people seem to forget that the biggest difference between  a good qb performance and a bad one is decision making, timing and getting rid of the ball.  this could easily go right back in time where sandlot football gives us our only chance to win and i for one don't put a lot of faith in that.

maybe josh has made all those mental corrections... or maybe we''ll be praying once again that the defense can put points on the board because it will be our only chance.

people have short memories.  barkley should be starting. if things go south, switch to josh and don't look back.  if josh starts and things go bad, this staff is going to look as inept as the cleveland browns staff had been.

3 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

so...even tho the jags lost, they're gonna be like an injured animal next week.  i don't want to see chaos. i want to see a vet who has been there done that.  people seem to forget that the biggest difference between  a good qb performance and a bad one is decision making, timing and getting rid of the ball.  this could easily go right back in time where sandlot football gives us our only chance to win and i for one don't put a lot of faith in that.

maybe josh has made all those mental corrections... or maybe we''ll be praying once again that the defense can put points on the board because it will be our only chance.

people have short memories.  barkley should be starting. if things go south, switch to josh and don't look back.  if josh starts and things go bad, this staff is going to look as inept as the cleveland browns staff had been.

Good points with how Jags will be feeling - game just got tougher.  

Not sure what arguing for Barkley accomplishes as Allen will start this game and any others he is healthy for.   He is much more athletic and his arm (and new WRs) will force Jags to defend the whole field - vertically and horizontally.   Steelers started doing damage throwing deep sideline or back shoulders outside the numbers.   Allen is good at those

The offense vs Jets will be even more dangerous with a QB who can make all the throws.  Barkley can't.

6 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

The Steelers have really been exposed as pretenders. 

What!? I'm LMAO here.

Listen, I hate the Steelers as much as anybody, but they usually find a way to win, and rarely are they ever "out of a game", no matter how far they're down. The only reason they didn't beat the Jags in last years playoff game is that they ran out of time.

I'm really surprised that the Bills are only 4 point dogs in this one. I don't see it being that close, and I do see the Jags winning it going away, no matter what the TBD psychologists think. LOL

9 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

I can see Bort throwing a pick or two or fumbling to give us a few short fields for FGs. He is very terrible

Every once in a while though he has a pretty good game, and since he hasn't had one in a while......

Also, you saw the Jags pick off one of the best QBs in the game THREE times yesterday; how many will they get against the Bills scattershot QBs? Accurate throws are not exactly the forte of any of the Bills' QBs. LOL

13 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

Every once in a while though he has a pretty good game, and since he hasn't had one in a while......

Also, you saw the Jags pick off one of the best QBs in the game THREE times yesterday; how many will they get against the Bills scattershot QBs? Accurate throws are not exactly the forte of any of the Bills' QBs. LOL

Away Bortles is almost always poor Bortles. His road/home splits are in stark contrast of one another. Home Bortles pops in a good game every now and then. Away Bortles rarely does. This year he is 63 percent with 7TDs and 2 INTS at home. Away he is 58 percent with 5 TDS sand 6 INTS. Last season he had a 69 passer rating while away and a 98 at home. 

Edited by Bills2ref