Jags Game discussion - what say you?

freddyjj

On 11/16/2018 at 5:31 PM, jr1 said:

Doug lost the locker room

Sure feels that way no? 

On 11/16/2018 at 5:33 PM, Augie said:

Speed on the field is a good thing. 

Don’t let Bortles run for 300 yards would be my first suggestion. 

that would help!

Now , a couple of things. See most people in this thread say the Jags are going to get run by the Steelers..looks like I am betting the Jags today.

Cant decide who I want to win that game. Still despise Marrone, revel in every game he loses and hope he gets fired at end of year. But, I kinda want them to win today so he can come to Buffalo with some hope and we just step on his throat and squeeze the hope and life right out of that team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 11/16/2018 at 9:30 PM, BuffAlone said:

The offense looked better than capable under Barkley's command, but I have a serious case of J.A.W.S.( Josh Allen Withdrawl Syndrome). 

I just wanna watch the kid grow the next several games. And oh yeah, Josh, make Ramsey look like a fool please?

I agree with you.  Even though the Bills have struggled.   I am looking forward to seeing Allen play again.  I really do not like the bye week.

• Like (+1) 1

win or lose the jags are gonna wanna throw down when they get here.  i don't see where 6 games is a must for josh's development.  5 is plenty.

i want to see a competitive offensive output just like last week. i don't want to just take a step back to where we were 2 weeks ago.

i also think starting barkley gives our new additions another week to get into a groove vs. their 2nd qb in 2 weeks....and maybe dabol can find a little more cohesiveness with the offensive gameplan.  it's a win/win.  if he gets us another w,  they can choose to start josh against miami.

not giving barkley a 2nd game is a sure way to make sure he goes elsewhere after the season.  i can't see why any qb would want to come here as it stands already.

if they lose, they are out and it's allen the rest of the way.  all sides can be happy and see some growth as well.  like i said, i don't think 6 games vs. 5 is crucial to allen's development.

that's just a b.s. loser mentality.  this is a team game. the most important thing for this TEAM'S development is winning.

I have a friend in FLA who is a Jags fan. He doesn't think Marrone is in trouble this year unless they totally collapse down the stretch. He said most fans are unhappy with the GM Caldwell and that the team may be in some cap trouble next year and will have to shed or restructure contracts on the defensive side of the ball that could really hurt the team. Fans are also not happy that they extended Bortles and gave him so much cash and he's responded by playing like he always has. And a lot of people down there think if Marrone stays he may need to shakeup the staff. The offense has struggled, but the real problem has been the defense. Even though he wasn't a world beater in the middle, the retirement of former Bill Paul Posluzney has hurt both in the locker room and on the field. 

5 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

win or lose the jags are gonna wanna throw down when they get here.  i don't see where 6 games is a must for josh's development.  5 is plenty.

i want to see a competitive offensive output just like last week. i don't want to just take a step back to where we were 2 weeks ago.

i also think starting barkley gives our new additions another week to get into a groove vs. their 2nd qb in 2 weeks....and maybe dabol can find a little more cohesiveness with the offensive gameplan.  it's a win/win.  if he gets us another w,  they can choose to start josh against miami.

not giving barkley a 2nd game is a sure way to make sure he goes elsewhere after the season.  i can't see why any qb would want to come here as it stands already.

if they lose, they are out and it's allen the rest of the way.  all sides can be happy and see some growth as well.  like i said, i don't think 6 games vs. 5 is crucial to allen's development.

that's just a b.s. loser mentality.  this is a team game. the most important thing for this TEAM'S development is winning.

Jags are looking tough vs Steelers through first half today.  Might there be a mental letdown when they come to WNY?

Your logic here might be slightly flawed.  

1. The new additions (Foster, McKenzie) practiced as much with Josh in week leading up to Jets game as with Barkley.  Foster had OTAs, preseason and first 6 games to practice with Josh.  And since Thompson came in Josh had the most reps with all 3 WRs.
  2. Daboll will have a choice of 3 deep threats to scheme with now.  The offense will not look like the first 9 weeks given new WRs and  new O Lineman.  
  3. Barkley is not a high priority FA for any team next year - he was sitting on his couch 3 weeks ago.  And he threw 2 INTs that the Jets DBs chose to drop, the Jags won't.   The veteran QB who is here next year will know his job is to be the backup and the $$$ spent will determine who comes (or stays).
  4. And every game is critical to a young QBs development.  Mahomes watched for almost the entire year season last year because Smith was better at that point and the Chiefs were in playoffs and could have gone far.  Bills are out of contention and Barkley is not better than Allen at this point. 
  5. Give Josh the new scheme and players and let's Go Bills!