Jags Game discussion - what say you?

freddyjj

Jags are struggling.  I think It is a good time for Buffalo to be playing them.  It will be interestiung to me to see how the injury layoff has affected Josh Allen.  I'm hoping there has been a benefit in his interaction with Derek Anderson and Matt Barkley and in watching them work under center and in the huddle.  If Josh is to be Buffalo's QB  going forward, it would be a terrific time to show som significant improvement.

When was the last time we saw a Bills offense be as efficient and modern as it looked last Sunday?  It was like watching a real football team for a change. The simplicity in converting 3rd Downs and effortlessly moving into scoring position... That’s what most teams feel like all the time. But we will be the team that benches the QB responsible for that. Take the worst offense tracked in 30 years, to 41 points...But then bench the guy. All I hope is that Allen plays good. I would be much more excited and hopeful if Barkley was getting his 2nd start. I would love to see if last week was a fluke. Because we won’t get that chance, I hope Allen picks up where Barkley left off. We just had no issue scoring. There should be no reason to go back to the 9 point games. Especially at home off a bye.

• Like (+1) 2

Barkley is a free agent at the end of the year..

The Bills shouldn’t be showcasing him so he can get more money elsewhere  next year..

The results of these remaining games don’t mean a lot... let’s see whether Allen has learnt anything watching from the sidelines the past month..

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

Barkley is a free agent at the end of the year..

The Bills shouldn’t be showcasing him so he can get more money elsewhere  next year..

The results of these remaining games don’t mean a lot... let’s see whether Allen has learnt anything watching from the sidelines the past month..

Teams already know Barkley is a journeyman backup type. 

13 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Jax has been playing terrible as of late.  They're at home against the Steelers this week, who have been playing well.  It will be interesting to see if Jax gets blown out (like I suspect they will) or wake up and show some fight.  If it's close or Jax wins, assuming the Steelers don't lay an egg, we will probably have a tough time against them a little over a week from now.  Otherwise, contain Bortles and this game is winnable.

It's pretty well known that Steelers fans "travel well" for away games, but they refer to Jacksonville as "Pittsburgh South". There should be a sea of black and yellow there tomorrow. When the Bills played at JAX in 2013, my section had several Steelers fans in attendance (why tf were they there?).

Aside from that little tidbit, I dont think the Jags stand a chance tomorrow. The Steelers are playing very good ball right now, and the Jags have lost 5 in a row. 

3 minutes ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

It's pretty well known that Steelers fans "travel well" for away games, but they refer to Jacksonville as "Pittsburgh South". There should be a sea of black and yellow there tomorrow. When the Bills played at JAX in 2013, my section had several Steelers fans in attendance (why tf were they there?).

Aside from that little tidbit, I dont think the Jags stand a chance tomorrow. The Steelers are playing very good ball right now, and the Jags have lost 5 in a row. 

You going to the game?  

3 hours ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

They are everywhere! We have them in droves here. They annoy the ***** out of me.

15 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Teams already know Barkley is a journeyman backup type. 

Happy you’re not evaluating talent for this team. 

Barkley just had his opportunity, made the most of it, and you just push it aside and label him. 

The guy can ball, Allen can learn a thing or two from him watching. 

Lets see if he can string together two nice games, he has the potential to be a franchise QB. 

Just now, PittsforDave said:

Happy you’re not evaluating talent for this team. 

Barkley just had his opportunity, made the most of it, and you just push it aside and label him. 

The guy can ball, Allen can learn a thing or two from him watching. 

Lets see if he can string together two nice games, he has the potential to be a franchise QB. 

:lol: You know nothing obviously.  Barkley had a pretty good game, but he's still the same QB with average arm strength who can't drive the ball with any consistency. He got away with a few that should have been picked last week.  Back to the bench where he belongs as McDermott has already said Allen will start when healthy with every indication that will be next Sunday. 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

:lol: You know nothing obviously.  Barkley had a pretty good game, but he's still the same QB with average arm strength who can't drive the ball with any consistency. He got away with a few that should have been picked last week.  Back to the bench where he belongs as McDermott has already said Allen will start when healthy with every indication that will be next Sunday. 

Again. It’s a good thing you’re not evaluating. You’re just flat out wrong about his potential. 

We all know how irresponsible McD is with the QB position. It would be a gross mistake to play Allen. Barkley should get the start and should remain the starter until he proves otherwise, he has earned it. 

Just now, PittsforDave said:

Again. It’s a good thing you’re not evaluating. You’re just flat out wrong about his potential. 

We all know how irresponsible McD is with the QB position. It would be a gross mistake to play Allen. Barkley should get the start and should remain the starter until he proves otherwise, he has earned it. 

Yeah sure. That's why he's bounced around the league and what you think should happen simply will not.