Funny Faces

Chef Jim

For those of you that grew up in the 60's and 70's will remember these fruit drinks.  They were a rival of Kool Aid.  So each flavor had a name and the one I always remembered was Goofy Grape but couldn't remember any of the others.  So I looked them up this morning and found wonderful names such as Choo Choo Cherry! Rootin' Tootin' Raspberry!   How fun!  Well as I dug deeper I found names I don't recall but are quite interesting. Names such as: 

Injun Orange.  Character was an orange with with war paint and a feather sticking out of the top of the orange

Chinese Cherry (was changed to Choo-Choo Cherry) was a cherry with slanted eyes and buck teeth.

Soooooo time to get really politically incorrect and come up with some new flavors.  I'll start

Honkey Honeydew. 

4 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

For those of you that grew up in the 60's and 70's will remember these fruit drinks.  They were a rival of Kool Aid.  So each flavor had a name and the one I always remembered was Goofy Grape but couldn't remember any of the others.  So I looked them up this morning and found wonderful names such as Choo Choo Cherry! Rootin' Tootin' Raspberry!   How fun!  Well as I dug deeper I found names I don't recall but are quite interesting. Names such as: 

Injun Orange.  Character was an orange with with war paint and a feather sticking out of the top of the orange

Chinese Cherry (was changed to Choo-Choo Cherry) was a cherry with slanted eyes and buck teeth.

Soooooo time to get really politically incorrect and come up with some new flavors.  I'll start

Honkey Honeydew. 

Just a guess, but I have a feeling the originals won't be making a comeback.

On 11/16/2018 at 12:24 PM, Chef Jim said:

Honkey Honeydew. 

My father still has the set of plastic cups.  I drank out of them, my kids, nieces and nephews... And now my brother's grandchildren.

http://modernkiddo.com/vintage-monday-goofy-grape-friends/

GoofyGrape_1.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

My contribution:

Neo-Nazi Nectarine