When will the Bills wear their red pajama uniforms this year?

Dan Darragh

49 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Reason we don't throwback to Super Bowl days are, we have to wear the normal color helmets.  So, any alternate helmet would have to be white.  That's why when we first went with throwbacks and our helmets were red, we got stuck with this horrible photo-negative throwback helmet...

f419d0ff55003c19b2a9086c6eef6218.jpg

Thanks for the clarification as someone who also always wondered why no SB era throwbacks. I’ll solve it for ‘em, just go back to the red helmet full time☺️

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

Reason we don't throwback to Super Bowl days are, we have to wear the normal color helmets.  So, any alternate helmet would have to be white.  That's why when we first went with throwbacks and our helmets were red, we got stuck with this horrible photo-negative throwback helmet...

This brought us those awesome Champion throwback jerseys though! 

Side note : there are some of the rarest jerseys and hardest to find gameworn (no replicas back then - before they realized it was easy $$) in their entire history. I own the white Jim Kelly and White Devlin from the oilers game week 3, and the blue J. Fina and John Davis from the Monday night Denver game. I only know of 2 others in the hobby.  Most teams are readily available, but for whatever reason not many Bills ones ever came out of the woodwork. 

As backasswords as they are, they are awesome pieces and very classic looking jerseys!!

http://imgur.com/gallery/roFFL

http://imgur.com/gallery/hTyp9

http://imgur.com/gallery/ZmJMlN7

(Snoop around to find some other rando gamers if you are bored)

Edited by gobills1212

6 hours ago, The Red King said:

I don't think that rule was in place back in 94.  many teams have worn different color throwback helmets since then.  I Don't remember the reason we used the red helmets.  The one helmet rule is fairly recent. 

xxx-uspw_5736412-1024x682.jpg?w=1000&h=6

usp_nfl__new_york_jets_at_new_england_pa

800px-Ben_hands_off_to_Willie.jpg

9 hours ago, Just Jack said:

It's actually Detroit Lions colors. Rumor was Ralph got their old uniforms for the first year of the Bills. 

I think I remember reading that Ralph and his Dad were minority owners (very small %) of the Lions at one time.

I could be wrong about this.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Augie said:

Wear them next game against the Jets, in their all greens. Just to punish the color blind! 

I smell a class action suit!!!

It will end up like the lawsuit for the people receiving text messages from the Bills.  "I got a $10 gift card.  The lawyer got a new Bentley".

• Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Hopefully never.

they need to break out the old navy uniforms .

3504002.jpg

Hopefully NEVER! (to the navy uni's)

Edited by cd1

17 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Hopefully never.

3504002.jpg

Wow, Kyle really looks like a fat fatty Chubb of lard as a youngin. 

And those were some of the worst designed, incongruent uniforms in the history of sports 

1 hour ago, FluffHead said:

And those were some of the worst designed, incongruent uniforms in the history of sports 

...with the distinction of having never appeared in a playoff game the entirety of their lifespan.

21 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

As a guy who is red-green colorblind, I will long remember that color rush game against the jets. The uniforms were indistinguishable and all the helmets were white with a logo on the side. I pretty much gave up. 

I've had that experience watching Bills games many times and I'm not color blind.

20 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Hopefully never.

3504002.jpg

worst uniform ever

16 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I say it every time but I’d like to see the reds with the throwback helmet and red face masks, so it’s literally all just white and red 

nothing says terror like 53 candy canes showing up to your town to ball

5 hours ago, FluffHead said:

no way, best unis we ever had.

Kyle is looking Swole I'd say.

2 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

worst uniform ever

nothing says terror like 53 candy canes showing up to your town to ball

The best !!

On 11/16/2018 at 7:27 AM, Gugny said:

I believe those were rush jerseys, which the NFL isn't doing this year.

...hope those God forsaken Skittles days are long gone......Bflo all red either signaled end of the moth or that were were tomato cans....pick your poison...........

• Haha (+1) 2

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:42 AM, Steptide said:

When are they gonna wear the Super Bowl years uniforms? Still not sure why this hasent happened yet

Because NFL does not allow for any other helmet than the prime for fit concussion safety reason per NFL. Since the prime is white they are limited to changing decals only on that white helmet.

My solution is to wrap the white helmet in red and do the 90's. Then remove the wrap for next game. Simple.

17 hours ago, The Red King said:

No not exactly.

Back when they wore this the NFL was celebrating its 75th year anniversary in 94 season and all teams were strongly encouraged to make and wear throwbacks for one home and one away game designated by the home teams. They did not have the one helmet rule at that time.

Ralph was too cheap to spend for new white helmets and opted for this fiasco of the red with white standing bison. http://nfluniforms.blogspot.com/2011/07/throwback-helmet-evolution.html

Jets also went the cheap route.  a year earlier celebrating 25th anniversary of Super Bowl win then came to their senses long enough to do a white throwback in 94.

Bills wore this on Monday night vs Denver and on the road against Oilers in Houston. They won both games by the way.

It was the 1st year after the 4 Super Bowl run, so Bad luck uni. in my memory.

Jets Bills 94.png

Edited by cba fan
  • Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, FluffHead said:

Yep.

Worst uniforms in Bills history by far and top 10 worst in NFL history.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/16/2018 at 1:37 PM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Hopefully never.

3504002.jpg

Lol please no...

I think it's funny though how the Bills will go back to any era, try any combination, go for any throwbacks, other than throwbacks for the one era where we had our most success. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Lol please no...

I think it's funny though how the Bills will go back to any era, try any combination, go for any throwbacks, other than throwbacks for the one era where we had our most success. 

The super bowl era.would be cool and we need a lot more red in are uniforms. They are just to blue right now.

Love this helmet

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=xVsEFHwd&id=4985052CD5A938147CB797CFC44F0E0BD824163B&thid=OIP.xVsEFHwd0b2y57Ongg0g6AEsEA&mediaurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.gogogretchen.com%2ffile%2f181864258070_1.jpg&exph=431&expw=505&q=buffalo+bills+blue+helmet&simid=608049964608589657&selectedIndex=227&ajaxhist=0