Is this a playoff team with Tyrod?

Mikie2times

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

You want me to play along and pretend Tyrod hasn’t sucked for the last 3 years ????

Get it together man ! 

Bills were .500 with TT. Lets hope they're .500 the next 2 years without him. And I'm not arguing for TT but against your bad logic.

Edited by CuddyDark

8 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

For 2 weeks or so until he churns out one of those 56 yard games 

Jesus the Saints was one game where he got blitzed to oblivion by an extremely good defense. JA does worse! haha he has against worse defenses. I mean you can't really play much worse, but no available quarterback would put up stats on that Saints team with the offense we came in with. they were a superbowl contender LAST year elite on both sides of the ball.

We say the Chargers game was unwinnable. No sir, the SAINTS game was unwinnable, the Chargers clearly hadn't put it all together to play well on a weekly basis and do better than 8-8 when they faced adversity.

Obviously had the pieces, and were sure to be much improved this year.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

10 hours ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

I didnt know TT could play defense, line, WR and special teams … AND call his own plays!

Well when Tyrod does calls his own plays it leads to him throwing it to KB in the end zone resulting in an offensive pass interference and taking us out of an easier place to score a TD and possibly costing us a playoff game against the Jaguars....

To answer the original question, we might have one more win with Tyrod here but I'm all for not making the playoffs this year if means we continued to build a better D from last year and find a better QB than Tyrod. As he was never the full time answer at QB. 

100%.

With this defense, if we had a QB who could generate a QB Rating of about 90 (like Taylor did each of the past two years) instead of a QB Rating in the 60s like our QBs have produced all year, I'm fairly confident we'd be 6-3 instead of 3-6. 

Edited by jrober38
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

100%.

With this defense, if we had a QB who could generate a QB Rating of about 90 instead of one in the 60s like our QBs have produced all year, I'm fairly confident we'd be 6-3 instead of 3-6. 

Defense was good last year and fluky at times. They look no fluke great. That's really the only difference from this year and last with Tyrod. We went in with Quarterbacks destined to have this offense playing in the sewers.

He's also check down to Shady way more which is really what the offense had to do. He had the presence of mind not to throw often the deep balls he would Watkins with Foster and the likes since they don't get separation. He knew they had a better shot letting Shady doa Barry Sanders impression. Knew the team better and knew the receivers sucked compared to the real ones he used to play with.

8 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

You want me to play along and pretend Tyrod hasn’t sucked for the last 3 years ????

Get it together man ! 

He was benched after a 19 yard game vs the jets this season 

yes those same jets that were down 30 at halftime to Matt Barkley 

Game over !    Check and Checkmate ! 

g1358387951110081535.jpg

Yeah I watched that game. TT was injured. He wasn't benched. But the Bills started Peterman over JA, you're telling me they wouldn't take TT over JA to start the season?

2 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Defense was good last year and fluky at times. They look no fluke great. That's really the only difference from this year and last with Tyrod. We went in with Quarterbacks destined to have this offense playing in the sewers.

Yeah, it's really hard to win in the NFL when your team's collective QB Rating is 57.

If it was 90, this team would be exponentially better due to the vastly improved efficiently at the QB spot. 

2 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Yeah I watched that game. TT was injured. He wasn't benched. But the Bills started Peterman over JA, you're telling me they wouldn't take TT over JA to start the season?

We're talking the Bills man, Peterman still probably starts the season lmao

1 minute ago, CuddyDark said:

Why would anyone start TT after the Jags game ? 

He’s on the bench where he belongs.

Just now, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

We're talking the Bills man, Peterman still probably starts the season lmao

LMAO. I think they'd have a mutiny.

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

Why would anyone start TT after the Jags game ? 

He’s on the bench where he belongs.

He's on the bench because Mayfield is probably a generational player for the Browns. If he was in Buffalo he'd be starting and we'd be in the PO hunt.

People need to just stop with the Tyrod threads. He is not a Buffalo Bill anymore. Get over it and move on. There is no "if he was here, would we be...."  because he isn't. People just got to live in the past don't they? SMDH 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Maybe with Cogs, Wood, and Glenn still there. All them young bloods barely knew Tyrod the pass catchers were probably pissed he didn't trust him. Shady, Kyle Williams, Hughes, and Clay.. and probably the secondary with horrified flashbacks would literally be the only guys in his corner the way we got gutted.

2 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

He's on the bench because Mayfield is probably a generational player for the Browns. If he was in Buffalo he'd be starting and we'd be in the PO hunt.

He's on the bench because he played terribly.  The plan was to have Taylor start this year.

What makes you think that Taylor would have been any different this year in Buffalo?  He has better weapons on offense in Cleveland and was terrible.  He's regressed every year since 2015.

3 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Yup.

Mayfield now has his QB Rating up to 87 and is improving every week.

If we had him to go along with the #1 defense in the NFL we'd be challenging New England for the Division Title. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Maybe with Cogs, Wood, and Glenn still there. All them young bloods barely knew Tyrod the pass catchers we're probably pissed he didn't trust him. Shady, Kyle Williams, Hughes, and Clay.. and probably the secondary with horrified flashbacks would literally be the only guys in his corner the way we got gutted.

IDK it seemed like TT had a good relationship with Kyle and ZO.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He's on the bench because he played terribly.  The plan was to have Taylor start this year.

What makes you think that Taylor would have been any different this year in Buffalo?  He has better weapons on offense in Cleveland and was terrible.  He's regressed every year since 2015.

Taylor's career QB Rating is 89.

The Bills total QB Rating this year is 57.

Hard to imagine any scenario where Taylor stinks it up as badly as our QBs have.

If he'd produced his typical 14 TDs, 6 Interceptions type season, with a QB Rating around 90, we'd be in the thick of the playoff race. 

People don't seem to understand how truly horrible our QB play has been this season. With mediocre starter level QB play this would be a really good team. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

IDK it seemed like TT had a good relationship with Kyle and ZO.

The vets and good players that had a starting spot last year sure. But we had half the team last year and a lot this year scrapping for a job that didn't really care who was quarterback just wanted whoever makes them look better.

"Whoa the Quarterback throws to me when I'm not open!" Team Peterman

"Whoa he doesn't scramble to make a play when I miss my block and get sacked! He throws a pick or incompletion!" Team Peterman

"Hey this Peterman guy is giving me extra reps with the starters on D are gassed this is my chance!" Team Peterman

But yeah the defense would be pissed.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Funny thing is he doesn't have to be better. If he's just what he's always been we'd be in the hunt. Even if JA beat TT out he'd be the best backup because he's a team player. He'd be the best backup JA could have at this point. Beane mismanaged the QB position at starter and backup.