Is this a playoff team with Tyrod?

Mikie2times

8 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

If a tree falls in the woods and no oneis around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Why is this question constantly asked when it's been answered by quantum physics?

The answer is no. Without an observer, it never happened.

Edited by LSHMEAB

I’ll pass on a possible wild card with no real hope of advancing team. I’d rather aim higher, and to do that you can have Tyrod as your backup, at best. I loved the guy, but he has his limits seeing and delivering all over the field. I just PRAY Josh can do better. 

Nope ...

Would a TT led team score 27 points against the Vikes? … Nope

Would a TT led team score 13 points against the Titans? ... Maybe

Would a TT led team score 41 points against the Jets? … Nope

IMHO, a TT led team this year would stand a good chance of being 1 - 9, or even 0 - 10 at this point this year.

McFly

Former CEO of the CoT!

We mightve pulled out a win vs the Chargers if we played Tyrod ball and let the defense create opportunities, def the Win the Titans game, but a healthy JA also wins that game, thats about it tho.

So no. We arent. Our schedule was tough TT wudve been benched after the Pats game 

But if Barkley played like Jets game from week 1, we would def be in position to make a WC run.

4 hours ago, Figster said:

I'll bite OP, and this is coming from a big T Mobile fan,

Allen is almost to the point of being able to manage a game as well as Taylor already as a rookie in my humble opinion. 

Barkley in less then two weeks time in Buffalo made them both look bad...

...I'm just saying...

What has Allen done that shows you he is almost as good at managing a game as Tyrod?

18 minutes ago, macaroni said:

Nope ...

Would a TT led team score 27 points against the Vikes? … Nope

Would a TT led team score 13 points against the Titans? ... Maybe

Would a TT led team score 41 points against the Jets? … Nope

IMHO, a TT led team this year would stand a good chance of being 1 - 9, or even 0 - 10 at this point this year.

Did you watch the Vikings game? Or the titans game a few years ago he pretty much won single handedly as far as offensive production goes?

Allen didnt win that Vikings game on a short field, the defense did. 

1-9 or 0-10 lol. You're just being a blind homer hating at that point. Stop it.

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, KzooMike said:

We have almost a carbon copy of last years team in an even weaker playoff battle. With Tyrod I think it would have been back to back playoff years. Give him two turnovers in a game and he wins more often than not. No, I don't think he's good. But what he does do is protect the ball, enhance the running game, and to some extent mask poor offensive line play. Whats even more silly about the whole thing is he gets traded to the exact same situation he would have faced here. Perhaps he would have had the same fate in Buffalo he has in Cleveland if he was retained. I know Taylor has been talked to nauseous levels. I just find the thought process on this interesting and I'm curious what others think. Is this a playoff team with Taylor?   

We lost games to Houston and Chicago because our Offense turned over the ball at inopportune times.  I think those would have been winnable games with Tyrod.  But on  the other hand, could he have done what Allen did to win against the Titans...I doubt it.  Similarly, there is definitely no ways he would have bulldozed the Jets like last week.  So I don't think the record would be almost similar...may be a 4-6 instead of 3-7.   We have played a very tough schedule with 6 of the first 10 games on the road against superior opponents who are all in the thick of the Playoff races.  None of the QBs we had including Tyrod would have been able to win the games against  the Patriots,  Baltimore, Chargers or Green Bay

30 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Did you watch the Vikings game? Or the titans game a few years ago he pretty much won single handedly as far as offensive production goes?

Allen didnt win that Vikings game on a short field, the defense did. 

1-9 or 0-10 lol. You're just being a blind homer hating at that point. Stop it.

Not hating here. I root for the laundry, I don't care what the QBs name is I just want a good one. When Tyrod was our QB he was my guy now that Allen is our QB he is my guy … heck when Peterman was our QB he was my guy too … I want them ALL to succeed. It just happens my opinion of TT was that he was good for about an average of 10 - 17 points per game (sometimes more and sometimes less).

I don't really believe I'm a blind homer, it's my opinion that you are blindly idol worshipping Taylor so YOU stop it and see Tyrod for what he was, a steady QB that wouldn't turn the ball over but was so hesitant to challenge an opponent down field that he was all but incapable of winning a ballgame for the team … the best you could hope for was he wouldn't lose the game due to turnovers.

10 minutes ago, ganesh said:

We lost games to Houston and Chicago because our Offense turned over the ball at inopportune times.  I think those would have been winnable games with Tyrod.  But on  the other hand, could he have done what Allen did to win against the Titans...I doubt it.  Similarly, there is definitely no ways he would have bulldozed the Jets like last week.  So I don't think the record would be almost similar...may be a 4-6 instead of 3-7.   We have played a very tough schedule with 6 of the first 10 games on the road against superior opponents who are all in the thick of the Playoff races.  None of the QBs we had including Tyrod would have been able to win the games against  the Patriots,  Baltimore, Chargers or Green Bay

Houston scored 20 points … do you think a Taylor led team scores 21? (IMHO maybe)

Chicago scored 41 points … do you think a Taylor led team scores 42? (IMHO no freaking way)

I do agree with our brutal schedule to start the season, and the depleted talent of our O-line, WRs, and TEs we couldn't hope for a much better record no matter who our QB was. 

7 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Of course they would be more competitive with TT. The defense has played terribly in some games though too. At this point in the season, my best guess is they have two more wins with an easy schedule coming up. It would end up coming down to the final week and tie breakers.

I think the bad games by the D can be attributed to being on the field so much.

I was not a huge Tyrod fan when he was here. Pretty sure I made that clear over the years. That being said I think we have at least 2 more wins if Taylor is on this roster. We'd be sitting at .500 going into the home stretch. We'd all be complaining about the same things we did the previous 3 years with him. A playoff team? Possibly scraping for the last Wild Card spot again, which last year was awesome. Having Allen start to gain experience and taking our lumps along the way seems like a better option than that to me though. It's all about the future now.