Fallout 76 is out

Health is a big issue you have to drink a lot of water and eat more than usual.  

Weapons are not readily available and you have to make them yourself.  Fortunately there are enough places to manufacture weapons and armor.  

And hair pins for picking locks are not readily available.  

Try fighting a mirelurk with a machete.  

5 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Health is a big issue you have to drink a lot of water and eat more than usual.  

Weapons are not readily available and you have to make them yourself.  Fortunately there are enough places to manufacture weapons and armor.  

And hair pins for picking locks are not readily available.  

Try fighting a mirelurk with a machete.  

Sounds fun.  Love the Fallout series. 

There also is a pseudo perk you get before leaving the vault. 

You get a portable camp to carry and move to make and restore weapons and armor and ammunition. 

Ive been wandering too much to set camp as the others stations were close at hand.   

If you can team up with someone they can come to you and restore your health so you don’t have to respawn and then retrieve all your lost gear.  

This is my birthday present 2 months late.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

This game is getting horrendous reviews.  Basically saying it's fallout 4 with no story really and so much empty space.  I was hesitant to get this because I thought it sounded a lot like Elder Scrolls Online which I did not really enjoy.  Is anyone loving this?  Or is it just "meh" at best?

20 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

This game is getting horrendous reviews.  Basically saying it's fallout 4 with no story really and so much empty space.  I was hesitant to get this because I thought it sounded a lot like Elder Scrolls Online which I did not really enjoy.  Is anyone loving this?  Or is it just "meh" at best?

These games are basically all the same. 

This one is harder because resources are hard to come by.  

It took me hours to find my first Bobby pins to pick locks.  I had to pass on 4 locked containers.  

The element of “live” (non NPC’s) players attacking you can be a factor. 

Of the dozen or so I came across on the game only 1 person thought to shoot at me. 

Its not an easy game.  

The server went down on me and I had to restart so there’s that to complain about.  But that was all of 1 minute downtime.   

5 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

Im a fallout guy, but not an mmorpg guy

Me neither........what's mmorpg?

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

These games are basically all the same. 

This one is harder because resources are hard to come by.  

It took me hours to find my first Bobby pins to pick locks.  I had to pass on 4 locked containers.  

The element of “live” (non NPC’s) players attacking you can be a factor. 

Of the dozen or so I came across on the game only 1 person thought to shoot at me. 

Its not an easy game.  

The server went down on me and I had to restart so there’s that to complain about.  But that was all of 1 minute downtime.   

Is there a campaign mode or is everything online? The whole reason I play video games is to avoid dealing with other people. 

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Is there a campaign mode or is everything online? The whole reason I play video games is to avoid dealing with other people. 

Im not sure if its the exact acronym, but its the mega-multiplayer-online-role-playing-game

And I agree.

The reason I like Fallout (and other similar games) is because it is so immersive, yet you dont need to compete with, play along with, listen to, deal with, etc other people.  I have rather limited time to play games these days.  I dont need 12 year olds shrieking racial slurs through my tv.  I cant invest the time to hone skills, win upgrades (and Im not going to spend money to buy micropurchases/upgrades). 

10 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

There is a campaign.  

The main mission is to go search out the overseer and set up a community of possible.  

There are holo tapes as usual with side missions.  So far it seeems like every other game.  Only that I’m dying a lot more.  

Do so far I’ve had minimal outside interference.  

Level 6 battling level 22 enemies is never easy.  

There are “community” battles but most are concerned with killing the NPCs than bothering players.  

Dying in a mission building sucks because you have to fight your way back in to collect your loot. 

Or say f*** it and start collecting from scratch again. 

This game is amazing, and I've been playing Fallout since Fallout 3.

It may not have the dialogues that past Fallout games have had as much, BUT it is very immersive. Players in my world so far have been helpful and not trolls, which is nice. The crafting system puts more emphasis on survival, but you can easily make your own workbenches in the C.A.M.P. system, which I STRONGLY advise early!

To avoid having to trek across the wilderness for your loot, discover a spot near where you are so you can fast travel back easy. I made the mistake of venturing down the road a ways and not doing that, and the same walk back was not fun at all.

As an aside, since it is an online game, it can easily be added onto into the future like GTA V Online. That's a huge positive.

36 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

This game is amazing, and I've been playing Fallout since Fallout 3.

It may not have the dialogues that past Fallout games have had as much, BUT it is very immersive. Players in my world so far have been helpful and not trolls, which is nice. The crafting system puts more emphasis on survival, but you can easily make your own workbenches in the C.A.M.P. system, which I STRONGLY advise early!

To avoid having to trek across the wilderness for your loot, discover a spot near where you are so you can fast travel back easy. I made the mistake of venturing down the road a ways and not doing that, and the same walk back was not fun at all.

As an aside, since it is an online game, it can easily be added onto into the future like GTA V Online. That's a huge positive.

I accidentally set up a camp on the side of a hill and it’s been attached by NPCs the 2 times I’ve returned to it.  I need to move it to a safer area.    

You can always fast travel to your own CAMP w/o paying caps.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

I refuse to buy Fallout ‘76. I am boycotting it... lol. 

Seriously though, How do do you take one of the best single player games ever and just take away the whole single player story mode aspect? (I know you can play solo, but you’re still online)

I hope this game does terrible so they never try this again. 

I hate that everything seems to be moving toward this multi-player online stuff. 

I dont want to play online and have a bunch of 12yr old kids trying to troll me all day. I like to play by myself, in peace. 

3 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Any thoughts about buying Fallout 76 are gone for me today

Watching Penn St @ Rutgers stream on FoxSportsGo this afternoon and every commercial break had the "Wouldn't it be nice if we were older" commercial.  S##t got old before the end of the first quarter :wallbash:

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Seriously though, How do do you take one of the best single player games ever and just take away the whole single player story mode aspect? (I know you can play solo, but you’re still online)

I hope this game does terrible so they never try this again. 

I hate that everything seems to be moving toward this multi-player online stuff. 

I dont want to play online and have a bunch of 12yr old kids trying to troll me all day. I like to play by myself, in peace. 

16 hours in and still no problems with people.  

For those being asswipes attacking players or their camps.  

They are tagged and appear as red dots and have a bounty out on them from Bethesda.  Free to kill w/o ramifications!!!!

lol. Kill the trolls. 

Two players share a mission is like having a companion along. Possibly better.  

They can offer you aid and keep you from respawning.  

3 days in an the server has gone down twice. 

When you move your CAMP you have to rebuild it from your inventory of stored parts. 

Would be nice if it dropped in already assembled.  

If you love to mele you’ll be able to save ammo.   

Edited by ShadyBillsFan