Fallout 76 is out

9 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Saw my first WANTED icon today.  

I wanted to go after the reward but dinner interrupted my gaming. 

Im sure I’ll see more. 

was thinking about or should I say entertaining the thought of playing that game. never have played fallout but been gaming since I believe 2003. back then it was sim racing which turned in to a history of different multiplayer fps games but never got in to that huge addicting game wow. none the less played a lot of hours and still do to this day. not heavy, but a good hour a night these days.

thing is, all pc games. build my own rig and have for the last 10 years or so. I had brought up fallout to my son in law who is trying to get me to cross over to console. wont do it. keyboard and mouse or back when I was sim racing a wheel and pedals along with the keyboard. can not function the game pad well, don't like it.

51 minutes ago, no name said:

was thinking about or should I say entertaining the thought of playing that game. never have played fallout but been gaming since I believe 2003. back then it was sim racing which turned in to a history of different multiplayer fps games but never got in to that huge addicting game wow. none the less played a lot of hours and still do to this day. not heavy, but a good hour a night these days.

thing is, all pc games. build my own rig and have for the last 10 years or so. I had brought up fallout to my son in law who is trying to get me to cross over to console. wont do it. keyboard and mouse or back when I was sim racing a wheel and pedals along with the keyboard. can not function the game pad well, don't like it.

They sell the Fallout series for PC. 

Personally, I would recommend starting with Fallout 4 (or even fallout 3 if you don’t mind older games). Fallout 4 was a masterpiece. 

Fallout ‘76 is totally online. It doesn’t have all the NPC’s and detailed stories that the fallout series is known for. I’m not big on playing online games though. 

Fallout 4 will give you a much better idea of what the fallout series is all about. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, no name said:

31 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Personally, I would recommend starting with Fallout 4 (or even fallout 3 if you don’t mind older games). Fallout 4 was a masterpiece. 

Fallout ‘76 is totally online. It doesn’t have all the NPC’s and detailed stories that the fallout series is known for. I’m not big on playing online games though. 

Fallout 4 will give you a much better idea of what the fallout series is all about. 

Kind of ageee.  You should learn the nuances of the game cuz this one is difficult 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

17 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Kind of ageee.  You should learn the nuances of the game cuz this one is difficult 

'preciate the advice/recommendation 

Edited by no name
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Found a crashed space station in the northern wasteland.    

Access denied on one door.   

I was hoping to find another Alien Blaster. 

In the original Fallout, if you had really high luck, you could stumble across a downed ST-TOS shuttle craft and pick up some phasers from the dead redshirts.

50 minutes ago, bdutton said:

In the original Fallout, if you had really high luck, you could stumble across a downed ST-TOS shuttle craft and pick up some phasers from the dead redshirts.

Didn’t know that.  

I forget which game I started.  

IIRC The first one I recall was being a kid and having to train as you grew up. 

It didn't take take long to reach adulthood and off you went.  

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Didn’t know that.  

I forget which game I started.  

IIRC The first one I recall was being a kid and having to train as you grew up. 

It didn't take take long to reach adulthood and off you went.  

Fallout 3 I believe... the first version as a first person shooter.

ETA:  the shuttle craft was in Fallout 2:

Fallout 1 had a ray gun at an alien spacecraft crash site.

latest?cb=20150413134322

Edited by bdutton
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, bdutton said:

There was that version then New Vegas then DC and lastly New England prior to 76. 

I so wanted to nuke the Pats stadium in the last.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

After close to 2 hours the servers came back on line.  

4 power armor suits found.  

I just need to get the right experience to wear the full armor.   

6 hours ago, bdutton said:

ETA:  the shuttle craft was in Fallout 2:

Fallout 1 had a ray gun at an alien spacecraft crash site.

latest?cb=20150413134322

Yeah no.  Never played that a one. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

After close to 2 hours the servers came back on line.  

4 power armor suits found.  

I just need to get the right experience to wear the full armor.   

Yeah no.  Never played that a one. 

Probably had to be born in the 1980's to know about that game. ;)

Edited by bdutton