Survivor advice

BLZFAN4LIFE

2 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Eagles secondary is bad right now and Brees will pick them apart. I'd go Saints.

Exactly. They were in really bad shape last week and then Darby goes down. I just don't see how this current Eagles defense can contain a red hot Saints offense .

A close second to me would be Pitt. They had a bit of a rough start to the season but have really found their stride and Jax seems like it's quitting on St Doug. 

Good luck man.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BLZFAN4LIFE said:

Once again looking for opinions on this week's matchups. I'm one of three left in my survivor pool. Some close games this week and I just have a bad feeling that my strongest available plays might be due for a let down. Remember, point spreads do not matter, I just need a straight up winner.

Teams that I can't pick...

Chiefs, Chargers, Panthers, Vikings, Packers and Bengals.

That leaves among others,

Saints over Philly

Steelers over Jax

Texans over Washington

Cardinals over Raiders

Falcons over Cowboys

Bears over Vikings

Nothing seems to jump out at me this week.

The Saints are a big favorite and at home, but the Eagles are the defending SB champs with thier back against the wall.

Arizona came off of their bye and looked respectable in KC, they host Oakland who may not even want to win games. 

Steelers going into Jacksonville who has been struggling after a decent start to the season. Is Pittsburgh due for a bad game? Will the Jaguars D show up for this game?

Anyway, everyone's 2 cents will be appreciated!

My best advice to you is to ignore everything else I have to say. Last year I didn't make it out of the week 1 Thursday opener (Chiefs over Pats) and this year I didn't make it past week 1 (Bucs over Saints). Good news is I'm trending up.

I'd go with the Saints. Home team playing at a high level. Cardinals over Raiders is tempting but I wouldn't want to lose with a bad team when I still had the Saints available.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

My best advice to you is to ignore everything else I have to say. Last year I didn't make it out of the week 1 Thursday opener (Chiefs over Pats) and this year I didn't make it past week 1 (Bucs over Saints). Good news is I'm trending up.

I'd go with the Saints. Home team playing at a high level. Cardinals over Raiders is tempting but I wouldn't want to lose with a bad team when I still had the Saints available.

Exactly my thoughts regarding the Cardinals. If I go out picking Arizona while I still have teams like the Rams, Saints, Steelers etc to choose from, I would really feel like an idiot. On the other hand, getting a win with a 2-7 team would be pretty sweet.

Just now, BLZFAN4LIFE said:

Exactly my thoughts regarding the Cardinals. If I go out picking Arizona while I still have teams like the Rams, Saints, Steelers etc to choose from, I would really feel like an idiot. On the other hand, getting a win with a 2-7 team would be pretty sweet.

The fact that you made it this far is impressive. Good luck, whoever you pick.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BLZFAN4LIFE said:

My first instinct this week was Arizona. Upon closer review Oakland actually has better defensive statistics. Oakland has played the Chargers twice and kept it pretty close both times. Both of Arizona's wins came against SF. But you have to wonder if Oakland is merely playing for the #1 overall pick. If that's the case, they certainly don't want to beat a 2-7 team. The game is in Arizona and one thing I find intriguing is that the money line is -$220. for the Cards. 

I totally see why you feel this way. In survivor pools though, especially this deep, I would personally never risk it on a 2-7 team, 1-4 at home , with a rookie QB with 6 TD and 8 int .. 

But I got knocked out in week 7 , so what do I know

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Saints are due for a bump in the road and the Eagles are getting desperate.This game,imo,could very well be the Pats/Titans game of last week?

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

The fact that you made it this far is impressive. Good luck, whoever you pick.

Thanks, it's just under a $1,400 pot, I'd love to bring it home!

5 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Saints are due for a bump in the road and the Eagles are getting desperate.This game,imo,could very well be the Pats/Titans game of last week?

That's exactly what scares me about the Saints and Steelers this week. Both games have that "late to the party" type of feel.

28 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I totally see why you feel this way. In survivor pools though, especially this deep, I would personally never risk it on a 2-7 team, 1-4 at home , with a rookie QB with 6 TD and 8 int .. 

But I got knocked out in week 7 , so what do I know

In my league..not the pick 'em in here,I've been saving the Falcons...that upset to the Browns last week stung them hard.Now ,they come back home to play a average at best road team (Dallas) with a boatload on the line.It's a no brainer for me....but as we all know...death and paying taxes are the only "for sure's" in our lives.

12 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

So who do you like?

I'm taking Atlanta.In the NOLA/Philly here in pick 'em.....can't say,I'm in the top few,so I won't share.And I never should have brought up my Atlanta pick..

Loose lips...sink ships.

Edited by Misterbluesky

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

In my league..not the pick 'em in here,I've been saving the Falcons...that upset to the Browns last week stung them hard.Now ,they come back home to play a average at best road team (Dallas) with a boatload on the line.It's a no brainer for me....but as we all know...death and paying taxes are the only "for sure's" in our lives.

I'm taking Atlanta.In the NOLA/Philly here in pick 'em.....can't say,I'm in the top few,so I won't share.And I never should have brought up my Atlanta pick..

Loose lips...sink ships.

The ATL game scares me personally. Yes they're better at home but Dal just got a huge road win , in a similar situation this week and looks like Cooper and Zeke can be a huge headache for defenses. ATL and Dal have just been so inconsistent . But I see your logic and think it's a solid pick. Personally, I'd go with the more consistent team in N.O or Pitt who has seemed to hit their stride after a rough start to the year

I'm still alive in a 565 entry pool that is down to 23.  I'm one of only two players left who can take the Chargers (at home vs. Denver) so that's where I'm leaning while I hope for a lot of upsets elsewhere.  Lots of risky games out there -- even though Oakland has been awful I can't imagine picking Zona.  Jacksonville is due for a bounce back and they destroyed PIT twice last year.  Philly's backs are against the wall at NO.  Really tough week.

• Like (+1) 1

Facking Chargers!!!  Unbelievable way for me to be knocked out.  Pool is down to 12 as (besides me) 10 others picked Atlanta, Arizona, or Carolina.  The five who picked Pittsburgh should purchase lottery tickets.

1 hour ago, eball said:

Facking Chargers!!!  Unbelievable way for me to be knocked out.  Pool is down to 12 as (besides me) 10 others picked Atlanta, Arizona, or Carolina.  The five who picked Pittsburgh should purchase lottery tickets.

You had to have gone nuts when the Chargers decided to throw the ball on 3rd down and less than 2 minutes to play.  Just run the ball and run the clock.  What would that game have looked like with the Broncos backed up with 1:15 to play and no timeouts instead of 1:48?  Horrible decision by Anthony Lynn when the game was on the line.

Edited by Epstein's Mother