Trent Murphy helping needy by having deer hunters donate venison.

PIZ

On 11/15/2018 at 6:26 PM, Misterbluesky said:

He signed a 22.5 million dollar contract to play here for three years...he was out all summer and has been out the past few weeks,saw limited action before that.

The Food Bank of WNY could use some cash....even 50K out of his multi millions would be much,much more helpful than a bunch of that kind of meat...most kids thinks it's "icky".

The most roundabout way to donate money haha but it's better than nothing.. I guess. I donate deer cause it's a pain to do anything else with it. Too lazy. I just buy venison the next day and pretend it's my deer.

9 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I've killed 5 deer driving to work.  Where do I donate them?

I'd pocket the money to get a new car hahaha.

Or are you donating scrap metal. Now that's a real charity. 

Are there really that many deer up there? We gotta give up an arm and leg to legally kill em. Cause.. they're not trashing our backyards and eating everybody's garden enough in Texas. They SUCK and will run straight into my stopped car full speed for no reason, break their necks, and hobble off to die with my car body just wrecked. $2000 body work. Thanks for killing yourself on my car multiple times deer.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

On 11/15/2018 at 7:38 PM, CaptnCoke11 said:

Congratulations.. you’re a douche bag

It was kinda funny tho... 

or how about, ‘but he strained his hamstring getting out of the tree stand and is out 2-4 weeks...?’

Good cause,  glad he’s having fun deer hunting and benefiting others with his spoils... hope he’s not faking the injury because it’s hunting season just to get out of work ?

13 hours ago, PeterDude said:

EMO? You're lost in time a bit there dude...

Not everyone can be successful at hunting, especially bow hunting. It's quite challenging.

China and India are overpopulated, why not try out your sweet bow hunting skills on something that can fight back?

I’m sure it is quite challenging to sit in the cold, and fling sharp objects an unsuspecting herbivores just trying to survive.  

Do you use a hand crafted long bow and arrows like the natives who once depended on these animals for survival did? Is there no supermarket near you hunters, where you can purchase meat that was actually slaughtered in an atleast somewhat “humane” fashion?   I mean could you imagine how painful is must be to be speared, and worst of all, for sport? And the deer definitely FEEL it, because, ya know, nerve endings and what not...

Sorry, I’m gonna catch ***** for this but idgaf, hunting is literally the most primitive “hobby” one could have, and if you are killing animals for sport you likely are in need of intense psycho-therapy.  If it were the 1800’s and you needed hides and meat to survive the winter, that’s one thing... but you’re going to go cause an innocent animal some painful, traumatic death because you like the way it tastes? Or you just like killing it?  Yeah, that seems completely normal...  

Edited by ThunderGun

12 minutes ago, ThunderGun said:

China and India are overpopulated, why not try out your sweet bow hunting skills on something that can fight back?

I’m sure it is quite challenging to sit in the cold, and fling sharp objects an unsuspecting herbivores just trying to survive.  

Do you use a hand crafted long bow and arrows like the natives who once depended on these animals for survival did? Is there no supermarket near you hunters, where you can purchase meat that was actually slaughtered in an atleast somewhat “humane” fashion?   I mean could you imagine how painful is must be to be speared, and worst of all, for sport? And the deer definitely FEEL it, because, ya know, nerve endings and what not...

Sorry, I’m gonna catch ***** for this but idgaf, hunting is literally the most primitive “hobby” one could have, and if you are killing animals for sport you likely are in need of intense psycho-therapy.  If it were the 1800’s and you needed hides and meat to survive the winter, that’s one thing... but you’re going to go cause an innocent animal some painful, traumatic death because you like the way it tastes? Or you just like killing it?  Yeah, that seems completely normal...  

Interesting take....so by this I assume that you do not eat meat?

On 11/15/2018 at 7:24 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

Well he’s definitely earned his contract now.  Character > production 

Sure would be nice to see him support the Buffalo Bills but he can't seem to get out of the trainer's room.

14 hours ago, ThunderGun said:

Looks like we have a beta/feminist male in the house.

I like to go fishing and eat the fish, I bet you're gonna whine about that too.

You city folk are so damn clueless.

Edited by PeterDude

Okay, am I the only cynical one here? Murphy ain't donating squat the way I read it. The Bills will donate $5 for each ticket they sell going forward to the Jets game..so the Bills aint donating squadoosh either,, unless they sell more tickets to December game with both teams already out of the playoffs.

I am pretty sure by the way that announcement reads the charity is not getting $20 for my season tickets that have been purchased.

Only thing I will the Bills credit for is the $22 ticket price..they know those things are worthless and I guess they figure $17 is better than $0.

On 11/15/2018 at 6:26 PM, Misterbluesky said:

He signed a 22.5 million dollar contract to play here for three years...he was out all summer and has been out the past few weeks,saw limited action before that.

The Food Bank of WNY could use some cash....even 50K out of his multi millions would be much,much more helpful than a bunch of that kind of meat...most kids thinks it's "icky".

No different than what Murphy is doing...but your husband doesn't need a limelight.

Wow, you really have a vendetta against him. How about you get off your high horse and go do something charitable yourself.

20 hours ago, PeterDude said:

Looks like we have a beta/feminist male in the house.

I like to go fishing and eat the fish, I bet you're gonna whine about that too.

You city folk are so damn clueless.

Eh, you lost me with the beta/feminist remark. The couple that my son used to go with...the wife was the one who would usually get the first buck. And in her physical condition, she could barely make it to her tree stand.

I never really saw it as an alpha activity (and I hunted a bit in my younger days). It is what it is. 

I have 0 problem with responsible hunting, especially since it really is used for population control. I'm not as big on hunting just for the sake of a trophy. When my son got his first buck, I had to learn how to make venison. The hamburger is extremely lean. The rest is..if you take the right steps, it comes out really good.