2019 Draft Big Board

2 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

sure - but who is going to trade up when the DL talent pool is so deep?  It takes two.

Teams will want to trade up.  Just this past draft the Bills and the Saints both traded up into the middle of round 1 for defensive players.  Someone always thinks he’s smarter than everyone else.

1 minute ago, BobChalmers said:

sure - but who is going to trade up when the DL talent pool is so deep?  It takes two.

I'm not sure that's true - just because we don't WANT to reach for offensive talent, doesn't mean a whole bunch of other teams won't - and at that point, it's not a reach anymore.

There are going to be a BUNCH of WR ranked between 20 and 100. Here are 13 between 19-99. https://www.drafttek.com/m/Top-100-NFL-Draft-Prospects-2019.asp. It is definitely possible for the Bills to secure 2 of those guys.

Good teams don’t reach (ever). This draft will be dominated by defensive talent in the 1st and open up from there. Every draft has different strengths and this is on the DL. I’d bet my first born that AT LEAST 22 of the 32 1st round picks are defense. It is likely even more (closer to 25). 

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I may be the only person on this board that wouldn’t hate it. CB2 is the biggest (and only) real hole at the present time on defense. It would give the Bills a chance to have an elite defense like the Seahawks were. At the moment, every important throw goes right at CB2. 

In addition, the value will be there. He’s universally thought of as a top 5 pick. I would much rather take him there than the 23rd best player in the draft because he plays offense. 

Assuming that a trade trade down isn’t an option this wouldn’t be bad at all IMO. We can then go offense from there. This holds especially true if they nab a couple of FA starters on offense. I think that they have a chance to add 2 starting OL and potentially a rotational WR in FA. 

totally.  either gear up to pass or gear up to stop the pass.  either one is good for me.

1 minute ago, mannc said:

Teams will want to trade up.  Just this past draft the Bills and the Saints both traded up into the middle of round 1 for defensive players.  Someone always thinks he’s smarter than everyone else.

Usually the trade ups happen when there is about to be a drop off at a certain position. Last year there was a big drop after Davenport and Edmunds IMO. A team may trade up for Baker (around where we will pick) or even Daniel Jones (who I think will end up as QB 1). 

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

Big board at this stage is a bit useless. Not only is there still some college ball left but there is the pre-draft process which will shake up the board. 

Not a ton though, the scouting book on this class was completed almost a full year ago. They scout a year in advance. There will be some movement but with only a couple of weeks left there isn’t going to be a ton of movement.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It is that time with the Bills at 3-7, but just in case anyone didn't know we have a running thread on the CFB sub-forum with mocks, big boards, and top prospect links.

Was not aware of that draft thread - thanks for the heads-up

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Very few offensive (skill) players on this list. I don't like that.

That's the way it usually is though..the big boards usually stack the top 20 or so with defensive players.

As someone else said, its not the way the draft often goes.

take a look at their 2017 Big board.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/02/22/nfl-draft-2017-big-board-prospects-player-rankings

Only 3 players from offense in their top 10.  By draft time, 6 of the top 10 picks were on the O.

If I was gm, I'd be thrilled to see a board like that...or more importantly, for the teams ahead of me pick like that.

I'd know I'd have the pick of the offensive players.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I may be the only person on this board that wouldn’t hate it. CB2 is the biggest (and only) real hole at the present time on defense. It would give the Bills a chance to have an elite defense like the Seahawks were. At the moment, every important throw goes right at CB2. 

In addition, the value will be there. He’s universally thought of as a top 5 pick. I would much rather take him there than the 23rd best player in the draft because he plays offense. 

Assuming that a trade trade down isn’t an option this wouldn’t be bad at all IMO. We can then go offense from there. This holds especially true if they nab a couple of FA starters on offense. I think that they have a chance to add 2 starting OL and potentially a rotational WR in FA. 

Some mocks.agree with you,especially with the wide open NFL game 

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I can't bring myself to mock  anyone else but Greedy Williams if they stay at that pick.

Just seems like a natural fit whether we like it or not............reaching for anything other than a QB just doesn't work.

Actually hoping they get outside of Greedy range though.

I think it is pretty much a given that if Buffalo has a top ten pick and stays put, they draft defense.  That's just the way this draft looks.  The top offensive linemen are Greg Little and Jonah Williams.  Greg Little's consistency and effort have been questioned.  Jonah Williams benefits from having great players all around him.  The best WR is no higher than a mid first round value, and that's being optimistic.  I'm not going to fret about it too much because Buffalo is going to be a MAJOR player in free agency.  They may well be in a position to take the BPA, or they could trade down.

Edited by TigerJ

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Usually the trade ups happen when there is about to be a drop off at a certain position. Last year there was a big drop after Davenport and Edmunds IMO. A team may trade up for Baker (around where we will pick) or even Daniel Jones (who I think will end up as QB 1). 

Jones, not Herbert, as QB 1?  Think Herbert is staying in school?

10 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I actually think that Jones has some “Mahomes rise” to him. I think that there’s a chance that Herbert stays in school but i think Jones climbs during the process. It’s already starting.

He's my #1 at the moment, as the 32 I posted were from my board :)

As it stands I have 2 WR in my top 32, 6 between 33 and 64, and 5 between 65 and 96.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

11 hours ago, Mango said:

watch them take Greedy Williams as our CB 2. 

Wouldn't be a bad pick but McD has a way of getting great play out of good corners.

That said I'm all in on Jonah Williams, guy is a pass blocking machine.

10 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

If Josh Allen sacks Josh Allen, will it destroy the space time continuum?  

the 12 monkeys say yes.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Not a ton though, the scouting book on this class was completed almost a full year ago. They scout a year in advance. There will be some movement but with only a couple of weeks left there isn’t going to be a ton of movement.

shouldn't be but there is always tons of movement after the senior bowl and combine