2019 Draft Big Board

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I may be the only person on this board that wouldn’t hate it. CB2 is the biggest (and only) real hole at the present time on defense. It would give the Bills a chance to have an elite defense like the Seahawks were. At the moment, every important throw goes right at CB2. 

In addition, the value will be there. He’s universally thought of as a top 5 pick. I would much rather take him there than the 23rd best player in the draft because he plays offense. 

Assuming that a trade trade down isn’t an option this wouldn’t be bad at all IMO. We can then go offense from there. This holds especially true if they nab a couple of FA starters on offense. I think that they have a chance to add 2 starting OL and potentially a rotational WR in FA. 

I wouldn't hate it either.  I would have the following from the list high on my board:

1.  Josh Allen

2. Greedy Williams

3.  Jonah Williams

4.  Montez Sweat

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Another take, similar takeaway:

1. Ed Oliver, DL, Houston

2. Nick Bosa, EDGE, Ohio State

3. Quinnen Williams, DL, Alabama

4. Devin White, LB, LSU

5. Deionte Thompson, S, Alabama

6. Greedy Williams, CB, Lsu

7. Rashan Gary, DL, Michigan

8. Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia

9. Josh Allen, LB, Kentucky

10. Greg Little, OT, Ole Miss

11. Jeffery Simmons, DL, Mississippi State

12. Raekwon Davis, DL, Alabama

13. Clelin Ferrell, EDGE, Clemson

14. Trayvon Mullen, CB, Clemson

15. Montez Sweat, EDGE, Mississippi State

16. Daniel Jones, QB, Duke

17. Dexter Lawrence, DL, Clemson

18. Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama

19. Jachai Polite, EDGE, Florida

20. Noah Fant, TE, Iowa

21. Dre'mont Jones, DL, Ohio State

22. Devin Bush, LB, Michigan

23. N'Keal Harry, WR, Arizona State

24. Mack Wilson, LB, Alabama

25. Chase Winovich, EDGE, Michigan

26. Derrick Brown, DL, Auburn

27. Zach Allen, EDGE, Boston College

28. Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon

29. Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma

30. Christian Wilkins, DL, Clemson

31. Oshane Ximines, EDGE, Old Dominion

32. Jerry Tillery, DL, Notre Dame

I think most of them are pretty D heavy. I am not worried about a top 5 pick. I don’t see anyone trading up for a QB right now.

46 minutes ago, tbarg12 said:

I can't see McDermott/Beane passing up a CB in the first round, most likely Greedy Williams out of LSU. I'm okay with it, I would rather they not reach just to grab an offensive player. As the draft progresses I would like to see more offense drafted.

LSU DBd tend to be safe picks. I would be okay with it if we addressed oline in free agency.

• Like (+1) 1

Trade down, trade down, trade down.  Get picks to fill O-Line, WR's,  TE. Give Josh some tools to work with and address CB and same positions in free agency. D is already looking good...need to address offense!

40 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Most are calling this draft class historic - in terms of defensive line talent.

It's very strong at the top, and deep all the way through the first 2 days.

That doesn't mean the cupboard is totally bare on the offensive side.  There are a handful of offensive linemen slated as mid-1st Round talents, quite a few wide receivers with late-1st/early 2nd Round grades, and many also believe this would be a good year to take a tight end early.

In my opinion, the key for the Bills will be adequately filling holes in Free Agency, so they aren't stuck reaching for a position instead of player.  If they end up picking too high, it may be very difficult to pass on one of these generational D-Line talents.  Especially with Jerry Hughes getting older, and Kyle Williams probably retiring at the end of the season.  Which of course could leave them short on picks to address all the holes on offense.  Right now, they need help at WR, TE, OT, C and OG.  That's five spots, assuming Zay Jones and Wyatt Teller play good enough to warrant another year in the starting lineup.

Agree on the d-line needs...Shaq has been a pleasant surprise, but with Murphy injured more often than not, and Kyle's age, the Bills are an injury away from losing their ability to rotate guys in, or having to pull up guys from the PS.

With how weak our remaining schedule is, we’ll be picking in the 10-15 range and there should be a number of OL or WR prospects who make sense there.

And remember, this “big board” is not a projection of where these guys will be picked.  Offensive guys will get pushed up the board.  IMO, Herbert goes top 3; he’s by far the best QB prospect out there this year and he has great tools.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I may be the only person on this board that wouldn’t hate it. CB2 is the biggest (and only) real hole at the present time on defense. It would give the Bills a chance to have an elite defense like the Seahawks were. At the moment, every important throw goes right at CB2. 

In addition, the value will be there. He’s universally thought of as a top 5 pick. I would much rather take him there than the 23rd best player in the draft because he plays offense. 

Assuming that a trade trade down isn’t an option this wouldn’t be bad at all IMO. We can then go offense from there. This holds especially true if they nab a couple of FA starters on offense. I think that they have a chance to add 2 starting OL and potentially a rotational WR in FA. 

Nope I wouldn’t as well. Big need and if picking in the top 5 or 6 a receiver is a reach at that point it seems 

2 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

We need another Josh Allen ;) 

7. JOSH ALLEN, OLB/DE, KENTUCKY

Height: 6' 4" | Weight: 255 pounds
The biggest question on Allen is how an NFL team will wind up using him. Like Minnesota’s Anthony Barr and Buffalo’s Tremaine Edmunds, he can play on the line or off, and can do a lot of things well. He’s been productive this year, with 11 sacks, 15.5 tackles for losses, five forced fumbles and four pass breakups.

The Bills value versatility, so I could see them taking him, if there isn't an offensive player to their liking.  

2 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Another take, similar takeaway:

1. Ed Oliver, DL, Houston

2. Nick Bosa, EDGE, Ohio State

3. Quinnen Williams, DL, Alabama

4. Devin White, LB, LSU

5. Deionte Thompson, S, Alabama

6. Greedy Williams, CB, Lsu

7. Rashan Gary, DL, Michigan

8. Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia

9. Josh Allen, LB, Kentucky

10. Greg Little, OT, Ole Miss

11. Jeffery Simmons, DL, Mississippi State

12. Raekwon Davis, DL, Alabama

13. Clelin Ferrell, EDGE, Clemson

14. Trayvon Mullen, CB, Clemson

15. Montez Sweat, EDGE, Mississippi State

16. Daniel Jones, QB, Duke

17. Dexter Lawrence, DL, Clemson

18. Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama

19. Jachai Polite, EDGE, Florida

20. Noah Fant, TE, Iowa

21. Dre'mont Jones, DL, Ohio State

22. Devin Bush, LB, Michigan

23. N'Keal Harry, WR, Arizona State

24. Mack Wilson, LB, Alabama

25. Chase Winovich, EDGE, Michigan

26. Derrick Brown, DL, Auburn

27. Zach Allen, EDGE, Boston College

28. Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon

29. Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma

30. Christian Wilkins, DL, Clemson

31. Oshane Ximines, EDGE, Old Dominion

32. Jerry Tillery, DL, Notre Dame

Very few offensive (skill) players on this list. I don't like that.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Very few offensive (skill) players on this list. I don't like that.

For what it’s worth there should be really strong value in rounds 2 and 3 there IMO. I said it in one of the college threads but it feels like there are a lot of “Robert Woods type” of WRs to me. There are a bunch of guys that will be like 60 catch, 800 yard, 6 or 7 TD guys. We could conceivably get 2 of them. If you pair them with Zay and another guy from FA (Tyrell Williams maybe) you have a functioning WR room. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TC in St. Louis said:

Trade down.  Really the only thing to do when you don't have any glaring need on defense.  Beane isn't shy about making deals on draft day.  This could be a fun draft to watch.

sure - but who is going to trade up when the DL talent pool is so deep?  It takes two.

17 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

For what it’s worth there should be really strong value in rounds 2 and 3 there IMO. I said it in one of the college threads but it feels like there are a lot of “Robert Woods type” of WRs to me. There are a bunch of guys that will be like 60 catch, 800 yard, 6 or 7 TD guys. We could conceivably get 2 of them. If you pair them with Zay and another guy from FA (Tyrell Williams maybe) you have a functioning WR room. 

I'm not sure that's true - just because we don't WANT to reach for offensive talent, doesn't mean a whole bunch of other teams won't - and at that point, it's not a reach anymore.

Edited by BobChalmers